List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Walls on getting Warner next year;
Future pick trading set to unlock Fremantle Dockers’ pursuit of Sydney star Chad Warner

The more I read FB posts and comments from bitter Richmond supporters saying Bolton is a downhill skier, the more I think we should hold firm on retaining pick 10.

I know deep down he’s exactly what we need, but I’m now getting strong Tim Kelly “blow your dough” vibes.

Reassurance on his best work / stats please.

He literally put us to the sword two years in row at home. The first one he got his side over the line
Also, the fact he was in a side that wasn’t performing well.
It is highly likely Shai’s impact at Fremantle will be significantly greater with a lot more talent around him.
Right at this moment in Shai Bolton’s career and Fremantles window, it is a perfect fit.

Last edited:
Big Sean is gonna take all this fatty talk personal and come out in top shape next year. AA if he does.

Darcy picked ahead of Gawn? Good joke. Gawn could miss half the season while Darcy has a career best season and Gawn will still get picked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more I read FB posts and comments from bitter Richmond supporters saying Bolton is a downhill skier, the more I think we should hold firm on retaining pick 10.

I know deep down he’s exactly what we need, but I’m now getting strong Tim Kelly “blow your dough” vibes.

Reassurance on his best work / stats please.

The Bolton and Kelly trades aren’t comparable. West Coast weren’t in a position to do the Kelly trade, by 2019 they had an aging core and had spent the better part of half a decade in the top 8 and therefore didn’t have many high-end draftees. It was always a short-sighted and negligent trade at best.

Whereas we have a core about to come into their prime and plenty of individual talent evenly spread, the one glaring hole being a dynamic small forward and Bolton fits the bill. A genuine game-winner with some flair, sometimes that’s all that’s needed to go from a mid-table team to a premiership contender.

If you want stats he was Richmond’s leading goalkicker with 34, the next best for Richmond kicked 21. Bolton alone nearly kicked more goals this season (34) than Walters, Switkowski and Emmett combined (36). He can also go into the middle, he was Richmond’s #2 clearance and #2 contested ball winner last year, ahead of Dusty, Cotchin, Prestia and Hopper. 20+ disposals and a few goals is a regular statline for him, we don’t have another player like him.

I don’t want to overpay either but with the AFL handing out compo picks like candy our hand is depreciating in value anyway. We really need to bring in at least one big fish and Bolton seems the most likely.

The Bolton and Kelly trades aren’t comparable. West Coast weren’t in a position to do the Kelly trade, by 2019 they had an aging core and had spent the better part of half a decade in the top 8 and therefore didn’t have many high-end draftees. It was always a short-sighted and negligent trade at best.

Whereas we have a core about to come into their prime and plenty of individual talent evenly spread, the one glaring hole being a dynamic small forward and Bolton fits the bill. A genuine game-winner with some flair, sometimes that’s all that’s needed to go from a mid-table team to a premiership contender.

If you want stats he was Richmond’s leading goalkicker with 34, the next best for Richmond kicked 21. Bolton alone nearly kicked more goals this season (34) than Walters, Switkowski and Emmett combined (36). He can also go into the middle, he was Richmond’s #2 clearance and #2 contested ball winner last year, ahead of Dusty, Cotchin, Prestia and Hopper. 20+ disposals and a few goals is a regular statline for him, we don’t have another player like him.

I don’t want to overpay either but with the AFL handing out compo picks like candy our hand is depreciating in value anyway. We really need to bring in at least one big fish and Bolton seems the most likely.
To put it in other terms, Fremantle is the club that is the best fit for Shai and he is the perfect fit for Fremantle.
It is compelling.
Acquisitions like this is what you stake premierships on.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back