List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Lobb is debatable as we got reasonable value out of him.
Croad is going too far as half the people on here wouldn’t remember him or Chris Tarrant but the stable pony was reasonable value for him.
Even Croad trade got us Lukey.
The poster I was responding said our “new trade targets don’t work out”. So I’m suggesting last ten years examples is only relevant.

Lobb isn't debatable

We went after Croad big time. He was our target and got lucky with Luke. We could have had Hodge a generational player who could have helped lead Pav and co to a premiership. He was one of the best players in the past 20 years for Croad who did nothing and cost us a fortune.

Our trading mostly has been terrible.

Should be atleast 2x 3rd rounders if its 10 and 11, probably atleast a 2nd rounder tbh
Agreed, but we know which club is going to be more desperate to get the deal done. We have been actively pursuing Bolton all year and we are, unfortunately, not going to give up on the deal and keep the picks ( yes I know Walls said we would but that’s just for the negotiations).

Going to have to pay the price, the deal price should dull in time like Jackson I hope.

If anyone is feeling glum about Pickett after reading that article, the news that North think Jack Darling will improve their forward pressure should cheer you up
Stephen Colbert Smile GIF

Lobb isn't debatable

We went after Croad big time. He was our target and got lucky with Luke. We could have had Hodge a generational player who could have helped lead Pav and co to a premiership. He was one of the best players in the past 20 years for Croad who did nothing and cost us a fortune.

Our trading mostly has been terrible.

Who is to say Hodge would have become the player he did if we drafted him? He had much better players around him at Hawthorn compared to what he would have here.

Eagles will get pick #67 for Jack Darling.
Wonder if they will even use that pick.

Who is to say Hodge would have become the player he did if we drafted him? He had much better players around him at Hawthorn compared to what he would have here.

Then that's an indictment on our club if we can't develop players as good as other clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only one who would prefer we just hold onto the picks and select another three first rounders?

The accepted wisdom is you build your list from the draft and then pivot to trading in when you're entering your window to maximise a push to the summit. This strategy appears to suit the aggressive goal setting from management.

I'd prefer to to simply making value based decisions rather than trying to time the market.

Bolton will be 26 next year. He's played 135 games over 8 seasons. Optimistically We would get 6 years and 120 games out of Bolton. I think there is more long term value in picks 9&10 or 9&16.

AFL is a funny business where winning a premiership is all that ever matters. It makes arguments like overpaying for Bolton is the right play given our window. For what it's worth, Brisbane's premiership team had one first year player, two second year players and two third year players.
I am aggressively ambivalent to this. Definitely more in favour of it than 10 & 11 for Bolton though

Carlton not giving up pick 11 and vice versa Port not wanting a F1 they want 11 from Carlton for Houston is one example.
Let's see them pull that off first and see what the final trade is. Also, lol at Carlton being stronger and smarter in that cade

Too much Bolton skepticism on this thread today. If you look at these highlights and tell me you don’t want him on our team then you know nothing about footy. He is exactly what we need.

Wow ! This bloke plays pretty good.. we should look at trying to draft him.

So what will be the last trades done in the last 5 mins? They always like to manufacture some drama in the last few minutes. Hopefully Bolton isn’t in the last few minutes.
Bolton is 100% done way before deadline. They have Smith and possibly Barrass for deadline day

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back