List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

You know this or assuming this?

I’ll be honest if you’re just assuming it I think we all are somewhat - surely he can’t be happy running around at Peel every week at 26 years of age. What a terrible contract for the club.

Why would he not be happy?

There’s a bunch of players running around in the WAFL on 1/10th his pay.

He has said he’s happy. Club has said they’re happy. Not everyone has the same mentality. He simply may be content to play his role at WAFL and have no desire to push himself or seek alternative teams.

I’ll be honest if you’re just assuming it I think we all are somewhat - surely he can’t be happy running around at Peel every week at 26 years of age. What a terrible contract for the club.
He strikes me as the type to cash in on a contract year and just be happy being the 23-25th player on a list tbh

Reading between the lines.

Brodie asked if he’ll be at Freo next year “we’ll see”. A few weeks later Walls asked and says “no he’s happy he’s staying put.”

To me says he’s been shopped around with no buyers

Someone who misses out on a midfielder in trade/free agency may take Brodie on late. Or if Pickett eventuates and Oliver goes to Geelong it could be F1 and Brodie as a strong mid sent to them.

Yep. Still reckon it’s best for our list long term if we can get rid of him but if there’s no takers, there’s no takers.

Yep. Still reckon it’s best for our list long term if we can get rid of him but if there’s no takers, there’s no takers.
There would be plenty of taker for Will Brodie on minimum chips. $150k plus match payments.

Unfortunately I reckon he’s on at least $450k, probably more and so of course no one is paying that for him

There would be plenty of taker for Will Brodie on minimum chips. $150k plus match payments.

Unfortunately I reckon he’s on at least $450k, probably more and so of course no one is paying that for him

I’d probably get him off the list if another team was willing to be enough of his salary to cover a new draftee’s contract tbh. I don’t see a future for him at Freo and think he’ll play five or less games over the next two years before being delisted.

Given the absurd interest in pick 13, seems we've really lucked out this year with how value 10 and 11 are seen to be. I reckon there's a good chance we've said 11 is off the table, not happening.

Freo luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our early picks in the last 5 years are Sturt, Chapman, Amiss, Johnson, Erasmus and Simpson. Some good players in there and Chapman and Amiss will hopefully become star players but between them how many were in our top 3 players in a game this year?

If Bolton kicks 40 goals next year including a bag of 3 or 4 once a month that's the difference between 10th and top 4.

I’m all in for trading in Bolton, but In the last 5 years we have also drafted Serong and Young

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Since our rebuild started in 2016, we are 3rd in the league for number of selections used at the national draft with 35.

Of those 35 selections, 13 (37%) are in our best 22 today, 9 (26%) are fringe players, 5 (14%) have been traded, and 8 (23%) were busts.

By those metrics, it would suggest if we were to take 3 selections in this draft, only 1 would be a best 22 player for us in 8 years time. Law of averages isn’t the most reliable indicator, but it’s better then nothing.

And obviously our record since 2016 hasn’t been great. 1 finals campaign, perennial 10-14th finishers. Does our draft heavy strategy contribute to this?

It’s why I’m not as pressed as others about spending two 1sts on someone like Bolton who is a proven commodity and can come in and have immediate effect, especially for a team entering our window. Even if that means 10 & 11 and going to the draft with 18, which will probably blow out to an early 20’s pick anyway.

If this is such an even draft as many say, what’s the difference? The only players going in the first 15 picks will mostly be midfielders who we definitely don’t need more of in the short-term.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back