• Chad Warner

Votes: 163 67.4%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 13 5.4%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 3.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Acres and a bunch of players that no one is talking about because they aren't good.

We didn't lose anyone because of Jackson. The money was there to pay Acres but the club didn't want to. Logue got an offer nobody in their right mind would give him and he rightly took it.

The club has admitted (through Daniels and others) that letting Acres go was a mistake. Don't need to defend them on that one
But he wasn’t let go because of anything to do with Jackson, and everything to do with the club not rating him and ignoring everything they had seen from him that season.

But he wasn’t let go because of anything to do with Jackson, and everything to do with the club not rating him and ignoring everything they had seen from him that season.
Yeah sorry, agree there, nothing to do with Dogga

The seven clubs set to shake up the 2024 trade period​

Cal Twomey and Riley Beveridge from Gettable take a closer look at the clubs who will dominate this year's trade period
By staff writers
7 hrs ago
fremantle.jpg

The Dockers are dangerous, active and cashed up. They currently have three first-round picks - their own, one tied to Collingwood and one tried to Port Adelaide - and they are right into Liam Baker, who they have put a five-year deal in front of. There's also interest in Shai Bolton, but it feels unlikely the Tigers would let him go with four years left to run. The Logan McDonald option is still a live one; he's out of contract and it looks like the Dockers are best placed to land him if he departs Sydney. The Dockers could also bundle up their picks and go higher up the draft, or they could just keep their picks in what is a pretty handy draft group. They're going to be really, really busy.

The seven clubs set to shake up the 2024 trade period​

Cal Twomey and Riley Beveridge from Gettable take a closer look at the clubs who will dominate this year's trade period
By staff writers
7 hrs ago
fremantle.jpg

The Dockers are dangerous, active and cashed up. They currently have three first-round picks - their own, one tied to Collingwood and one tried to Port Adelaide - and they are right into Liam Baker, who they have put a five-year deal in front of. There's also interest in Shai Bolton, but it feels unlikely the Tigers would let him go with four years left to run. The Logan McDonald option is still a live one; he's out of contract and it looks like the Dockers are best placed to land him if he departs Sydney. The Dockers could also bundle up their picks and go higher up the draft, or they could just keep their picks in what is a pretty handy draft group. They're going to be really, really busy.

I would have thought Warner would be the biggest story..

Fremantle didn't have a salary cap impact from Luke Jackson in his first season due to the contracted players who left, Lobb and Tucker. That was after Fremantle tabled a large offer to Angus Brayshaw, who I would argue was the reason the likes of Acres were offered low guaranteed money.

I would find it odd if we are still chasing McDonald. I think it more likely we just haven't withdrawn any contract offer put in front of him rather than actively chasing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They probably don't think it is likely.
Honestly I'm starting to think it's more the Victorian media not wanting an interstate team to get stronger at this point.

They could not have been quicker to shut down stories about Hill and Bolton moving west yet they rabbit on about Sean Darcy going to Geelong literally every season with absolutely zero substance.

I find the fact we are still chasing McDonald extremely interesting if true. What is the plan to make that work?

He's out of contract, if they want to keep him it makes it harder to keep Warner next year.

I think we can get both with four first round picks.

We need to bounce two midfielders out of the squad though since McDonald and Warner are both best twenty two, Jackson to middle and Warner to middle. I wouldn't want to be depth in the middle after that.

We say that and while I've been keen to see it, I've yet to see much evidence we like putting him midfield and the bits we have seen haven't been that amazing
Honestly don't reckon he's played more than 20 minutes of midfield this season.

He was great as a mid in the first quarter against Melbourne at the G last year and he's basically not had a proper crack their since.

We lost Meek because of Jackson.

Which is pretty reasonable for both the club and Lloyd.

Meek was always going to go, IMO. He would have known game time would be severely limited here even if it were just him and Darcy.

He's out of contract, if they want to keep him it makes it harder to keep Warner next year.

I think we can get both with four first round picks.

We need to bounce two midfielders out of the squad though since McDonald and Warner are both best twenty two, Jackson to middle and Warner to middle. I wouldn't want to be depth in the middle after that.
No one wants to admit it and everyone gets shitty when it's brought up but the calls on Jackson's sole ruck capability are completely wrong around here IMO. He doesnt need to take every game in the ruck apart at his age, look at the growth from TDK since he hit the right age...

If we are legit chasing McDonald and Warner plus even interested in Bolton, losing Darcy to help bring in two of those names is good list management, particularly if it's driven by Darcy.

No one wants to admit it and everyone gets shitty when it's brought up but the calls on Jackson's sole ruck capability are completely wrong around here IMO. He doesnt need to take every game in the ruck apart at his age, look at the growth from TDK since he hit the right age...

If we are legit chasing McDonald and Warner plus even interested in Bolton, losing Darcy to help bring in two of those names is good list management, particularly if it's driven by Darcy.
I 100 percent agree!!

Yeah, if we bring in Bolton, Warner and McDonald, and lose Darcy, that’s fine.

I won’t be happy about it, but I get it.
(Especially with them keeping Knobel hidden away as well).

But the smug, shit eating grim from Cornes will be ****ing unbearable.

Back