• Chad Warner

Votes: 163 67.4%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 13 5.4%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 3.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone hear on the Scotty & Goss show where the question was raised about Brayshaws form and his brother Hamish was adamant that if Brayshaw was sent back to peel ever it's possible he would look elsewhere lol
DW Hammer doesn't speak for Andy

But TBH I'm with Hammer on this one, if Andy was sent to Peel then I'd lose all faith in the coaching staff too

Yeah, if we bring in Bolton, Warner and McDonald, and lose Darcy, that’s fine.

I won’t be happy about it, but I get it.
(Especially with them keeping Knobel hidden away as well).

But the smug, shit eating grim from Cornes will be ****ing unbearable.
I meant two of the three, I can't see how we can possibly get 3 even with losing Darcy.

No one wants to admit it and everyone gets shitty when it's brought up but the calls on Jackson's sole ruck capability are completely wrong around here IMO. He doesnt need to take every game in the ruck apart at his age, look at the growth from TDK since he hit the right age...

If we are legit chasing McDonald and Warner plus even interested in Bolton, losing Darcy to help bring in two of those names is good list management, particularly if it's driven by Darcy.
This is has so many holes. Is this what you think is happening? It would be absolutely dire decision making by the club if true. The time to let Darcy go was last year.

• They've barely played together because Darcy is injured so how could anyone have changed their mind (including Darcy)?
  • Jackson has shown he is highly effective against certain ruckman and not others. Even if that is just maturity, do we really want to wait around 2-4 years until he bridges the gap? 4 Years would make AP and Ryan 32.
  • Logan is the least contested KPF I can remember. I get he's smart, but if Jackson leaves the forwardline then we could have a real hard time moving the ball. Especially since Treacy would have to ruck.
  • If Logan doesn't come then we still need a 2nd ruck. Nobody on our list is ready to step up. They are notoriously hard to find unless we want Lobb back.

The only way it makes sense to me is if Knobel is secretly a jet who might be ready to play next year or the one after. But that dude is playing Peel ressies so...

Darcy leaving this year makes no sense to me.

I find the fact we are still chasing McDonald extremely interesting if true. What is the plan to make that work?

Fyfe out, Jackson big bodied mid in.
Gets a full PS with the mids.

I want somebody new to join us.

Looks like bakers no certainty and I’ll be flat as a biscuit if we decide to run it back, just adding kids. Even if we do package them together and get someone in the top 5.

Just watched Winder rack another 28 and 2 goals in a very smooth display for Souths. Reminds me of Tim Kelly when he was playing for Souths.
We aren’t likely to pick him up but he is way to good to be playing WAFL.

Just watched Winder rack another 28 and 2 goals in a very smooth display for Souths. Reminds me of Tim Kelly when he was playing for Souths.
We aren’t likely to pick him up but he is way to good to be playing WAFL.

We had this convo a few weeks ago at the game. He could make it at afl level

Last edited:
No one wants to admit it and everyone gets shitty when it's brought up but the calls on Jackson's sole ruck capability are completely wrong around here IMO. He doesnt need to take every game in the ruck apart at his age, look at the growth from TDK since he hit the right age...

If we are legit chasing McDonald and Warner plus even interested in Bolton, losing Darcy to help bring in two of those names is good list management, particularly if it's driven by Darcy.

Darcy is starting to become too injury prone for my liking …his always carrying some injury at some point of most seasons so far … when do say enough is enough…. Another 2 years ?

What will his value be then ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is has so many holes. Is this what you think is happening? It would be absolutely dire decision making by the club if true. The time to let Darcy go was last year.

• They've barely played together because Darcy is injured so how could anyone have changed their mind (including Darcy)?
  • Jackson has shown he is highly effective against certain ruckman and not others. Even if that is just maturity, do we really want to wait around 2-4 years until he bridges the gap? 4 Years would make AP and Ryan 32.
  • Logan is the least contested KPF I can remember. I get he's smart, but if Jackson leaves the forwardline then we could have a real hard time moving the ball. Especially since Treacy would have to ruck.
  • If Logan doesn't come then we still need a 2nd ruck. Nobody on our list is ready to step up. They are notoriously hard to find unless we want Lobb back.

The only way it makes sense to me is if Knobel is secretly a jet who might be ready to play next year or the one after. But that dude is playing Peel ressies so...

Darcy leaving this year makes no sense to me.
I don't know or think what's happening but I find it extremely odd we are still so linked with McDonald and am yet to see any proof Jackson mid is in our plans or even works. I don't think we'd have to wait that long with Jackson, it would be turn into consistent impact in the next year or two.

And if they do still want McDonald, Jackson fully onball in some way is the only thing that makes sense. At the very least, I like Darcy basically being a break in case of emergency cap hold that we can lose and not suffer that much IMO

I don't know or think what's happening but I find it extremely odd we are still so linked with McDonald and am yet to see any proof Jackson mid is in our plans or even works. I don't think we'd have to wait that long with Jackson, it would be turn into consistent impact in the next year or two.

And if they do still want McDonald, Jackson fully onball in some way is the only thing that makes sense. At the very least, I like Darcy basically being a break in case of emergency cap hold that we can lose and not suffer that much IMO
They said that's where they believe Jackson will end up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think we even lost Acres because of Jackson. We gave him a different performance based contract to earn the same money that Carlton guaranteed him.

Understandable from Acres though if getting injured at his workplace is going to cost him a big chunk of cash.

It is super important to be very competitive against Sydney next week for our chase for Warner

Brissy flogging us in 2017 and 2018 was pretty important in Neale leaving us IMO

If we get smacked next week then it sits in Chads mind

We can beat Sydney.

In fact I fully expect us to lose at home to Gold Coast then win in Sydney just to absolutely f*** with us

Given the number and quality of players we've been linked to while still having an interest in Warner, I think it's a stretch to say Warner and Zurhaar are mutually exclusive. If there's no real talks btwn Zurhaar and the club, that means at least 1 of them don't want the other, simple as that.

Darcy:
Take It Personally Michael Jordan GIF

Back