List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a rule I don't believe salaries that get bandied about in the media. I am 100% sure they put mayo on it to get more clicks. Blokes gets an average of 700k over 5 but $1.2m in the first year -> media reports $1.2m, 5 year contract type stuff.

I have full faith we're not going to blow it up chasing a fish.
Bolton is 100% on a mill a year- from effectively one of the only people who would know 100% what he is on.

One mid first round.
And I’m deadly serious. Everyone talks like he’s peak Eddy Betts, but he’s not fit to carry Eddy’s bag
If mid first round is 8-10, I agree. I think that is a fair price for an elite player who goes missing more than enough. There are SLIGHTLY different opinions on the Tigers board haha.

Ok, not as pithy as normal, probably missed heaps, but ok for a first go round. Let me know who needs to be added.

IN/OUTPlayerNotesPriceVibe
INChad WarnerThe Water Tower has been prepared. More likely to see something next year, unless the Swans are chasing someone this year as well.Heytesbury
2025​
Logan McDonaldSo apparently re-signed a few weeks ago. Just final terms to be sorted. Talk of Hawks and Pies still chasing hard, and freo still have interest.R1 + R2Stays
Liam BakerWould prefer the familiarity of the Tigers, Freo were in front for a while before WC came in with an increased offer.Late R1Stay 40%
WC 40%
Freo 20%
Riley GarciaOut of favour at the dogs, has indicated that he may like to come home.R3-R4Will leave, but to where?
Darcy JonesGWS stacked for smalls. Under contract thoughLate F1-R2Unlikely
Isaiah WinderWere linked during mid-season. Delisted free agent so could look at during the SSPFREE!!Possible
Jack LukosiousThink this is out of the running. Has settled, GC don't need picks, and under contract2x R1Dream On
Cameron ZurhaarStill no movement on extending at North. Not a lot of suitors elsewhere. Are we running a smokescreen and he is the target? RFA so wither would need to offer a massive deal, or North will match.R1 + R2Swans or Pies
Trent RiversWhispers abound about his desire to get out of the "snow" at Melbourne and return home. Another of the East Freo ratpack. In Contract for a while, so would not come cheap.R1Possible
Shai BoltonIf Baker stays, do the tiges cash in on Bolton. Word is that he'd consider a move home, though more likely end of 2025. Have things changed?2x R1There's smoke
OUTBailey BanfieldFree Agent. Money isn't the issue here, would think it's opportunity. Some tenuous links to Carlton, (they just want the other Cerra).N/ANot a * chance he leaves
Sam SwitkowskiWhispers around about a move back to Vic. Still under contract for 2 years. Would need to be something significant coming back (player or picks)R1 + R2Doubtful
Matt TabernerLikely to retire-Likely
Josh CorbettDelisted. Probably offered a role at the club, and to remain a Mid season draft option if things go his way.-Likely
Will BrodieWill he look for opportunity elsewhere? Or is he happy to collect a pay cheque and be a break glass player?R3-R4Possible
Neil ErasmusMay look for opportunity, or be considered part of other deals. Would leave the midfield depth extremely thin though.R2Unlikely
Karl WornerNothing in this except for a prophetic dream from one of the kids. Saw him in Melbourne colours.R4Unlikely
Sam SturtPlease don't leave now Sam.R2Unlikely
Nathan O'DriscollInjury cruelled, may end up delisted and re-rookied while he recovers-Unlikely
Great job putting this together :) how long is Rivers contracted to?

Bolton is 100% on a mill a year- from effectively one of the only people who would know 100% what he is on.
I can believe that and would expect to pay him that if he came.

I was more referring to the Chad stuff of 1.5. I do not believe that number without some compelling evidence. I believe 1.3 maybe, but not 1.5

If mid first round is 8-10, I agree. I think that is a fair price for an elite player who goes missing more than enough. There are SLIGHTLY different opinions on the Tigers board haha.
so he is "useless and get rid of him", but "Freo can give us heaps from him"?

Ok, not as pithy as normal, probably missed heaps, but ok for a first go round. Let me know who needs to be added.

IN/OUTPlayerNotesPriceVibe
INChad WarnerThe Water Tower has been prepared. More likely to see something next year, unless the Swans are chasing someone this year as well.Heytesbury
2025​
Logan McDonaldSo apparently re-signed a few weeks ago. Just final terms to be sorted. Talk of Hawks and Pies still chasing hard, and freo still have interest.R1 + R2Stays
Liam BakerWould prefer the familiarity of the Tigers, Freo were in front for a while before WC came in with an increased offer.Late R1Stay 40%
WC 40%
Freo 20%
Riley GarciaOut of favour at the dogs, has indicated that he may like to come home.R3-R4Will leave, but to where?
Darcy JonesGWS stacked for smalls. Under contract thoughLate F1-R2Unlikely
Isaiah WinderWere linked during mid-season. Delisted free agent so could look at during the SSPFREE!!Possible
Jack LukosiousThink this is out of the running. Has settled, GC don't need picks, and under contract2x R1Dream On
Cameron ZurhaarStill no movement on extending at North. Not a lot of suitors elsewhere. Are we running a smokescreen and he is the target? RFA so wither would need to offer a massive deal, or North will match.R1 + R2Swans or Pies
Trent RiversWhispers abound about his desire to get out of the "snow" at Melbourne and return home. Another of the East Freo ratpack. In Contract for a while, so would not come cheap.R1Possible
Shai BoltonIf Baker stays, do the tiges cash in on Bolton. Word is that he'd consider a move home, though more likely end of 2025. Have things changed?2x R1There's smoke
OUTBailey BanfieldFree Agent. Money isn't the issue here, would think it's opportunity. Some tenuous links to Carlton, (they just want the other Cerra).N/ANot a * chance he leaves
Sam SwitkowskiWhispers around about a move back to Vic. Still under contract for 2 years. Would need to be something significant coming back (player or picks)R1 + R2Doubtful
Matt TabernerLikely to retire-Likely
Josh CorbettDelisted. Probably offered a role at the club, and to remain a Mid season draft option if things go his way.-Likely
Will BrodieWill he look for opportunity elsewhere? Or is he happy to collect a pay cheque and be a break glass player?R3-R4Possible
Neil ErasmusMay look for opportunity, or be considered part of other deals. Would leave the midfield depth extremely thin though.R2Unlikely
Karl WornerNothing in this except for a prophetic dream from one of the kids. Saw him in Melbourne colours.R4Unlikely
Sam SturtPlease don't leave now Sam.R2Unlikely
Nathan O'DriscollInjury cruelled, may end up delisted and re-rookied while he recovers-Unlikely

I don’t think there’s any ‘while he recovers’ about NOD. He’s due back from injury in less than a month.

He’d be moved to the rookie list because he’s the last guy to be contracted not because he’s been injured.

I’d rather delist and re-rookie contracted players than NOD tbh. I’ll suggest Oscar McDonald tbh - He’s been injured and might not be needed next season, isn’t a big deal if some club decides to pick him up as a DFA or in the rookie draft.

Great job putting this together how long is Rivers contracted to?

FWIW I’ve heard that Rivers coming home is a matter of when not if.

I’ve been speaking about maybe needing to add some HBF depth for 2-3 years time but maybe we just add Rivers in 2-3 years instead. And btw when I say adding HBF depth, I mean draft now and develop for the best 22 in 2-3 years.

Rivers would walk into the team and replace Aish or Wagner. For a late first you’d do it whenever he’s available as he’d walk into the best 22 even if these two are still at the club.

Gold Coast has paid:
#19 for $400,000
#7 for $800,000

So a pick around #13 might be $600,000 for one year.

Is Pick 19 the Will Brodie trade? Because there’s a big difference between swapping pick 19 and Brodie for a future second and trading pick 7 and Bowes for pretty much nothing.

The Brodie trade basically rates Brodie as worth nothing, the Bowes trade is blatantly paying another team to take him your list.

FWIW I’ve heard that Rivers coming home is a matter of when not if.

I’ve been speaking about maybe needing to add some HBF depth for 2-3 years time but maybe we just add Rivers in 2-3 years instead. And btw when I say adding HBF depth, I mean draft now and develop for the best 22 in 2-3 years.

Rivers would walk into the team and replace Aish or Wagner. For a late first you’d do it whenever he’s available as he’d walk into the best 22 even if these two are still at the club.
Hopefully he comes so we can complete the 2019 EF armor set and get the full +25% lads stats bonus

Last edited:
Is Pick 19 the Will Brodie trade? Because there’s a big difference between swapping pick 19 and Brodie for a future second and trading pick 7 and Bowes for pretty much nothing.

The Brodie trade basically rates Brodie as worth nothing, the Bowes trade is blatantly paying another team to take him your list.

I was also trying to figure out how Hawthorn paying us $500k + for O'Meara qualified

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was also trying to figure out how Hawthorn paying us $500k + for O'Meara qualified

The JOM/Meek trade probably works about even in terms of value at the time imo.

Let’s be honest we were always going to lose a trade involving Meek long term. Sucks but I think that’s just what happens with decent rucks that find themselves stuck behind a gun. They haven’t really played enough games to prove themselves. We probably would’ve got a third rounder at best for Meek without getting JOM involved.

There is the Grundy one too, altho that was a bit of a paying to sell

It's hard to judge, think there needs to be an element of Richmond being happy for Bolton to go and instead of "Paying to sell" him, they're paying to buy a better pick

I'm the 102nd member of Freo and am yet to be incorrect with my forecasts. I rarely dislike a player, other than Henry (but even then I felt sorry for him and was concerned about his mental health when the crowd jeered him). I felt like Henry played for Henry, and his reasons for leaving (which were probably really bravado) were why I disliked him.

I'm sorry to say this but you have been very wrong in the past. When Longmuir was chosen to take over from Lyon you posted that it was a big mistake and would set back Freo 20 years.

He’s contracted until 2027. Probably a question for his pre-agent year in 2026 tbh.

Can’t help but think that’d be a bloody good time to bring him in btw.
Exactly!! Would be a perfect addition but no way Melbourne entertain it

Didn’t we try to get the other guy last trade period
Yep.

Big chance that the sister will be here next year (likely gets traded to west coast so Reid has his girlfriend nearby).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back