Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 61 16.3%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not usually a fan of big trades but Bolton really would fill a hole.
Bolton not worth more than Treacy to us,
Bolton not worth more than Brayshaw,
And yeah..
Not worth more than Darcy either.
Warner might be worth a straight swap with one of the above,
But not unless the the player wants to go!
Culture, Culture, Culture!
Let's use the picks not players!

People need to stop stressing. We won't be moving on any of our core for either of those two.

Players that could help grease the wheels.

Brodie
Ras
Worner
Switta (if the rumours are true)
Voss (I really want to keep him)
Sturt (love Sturt, but Bolton is an improvement, and he is potentially made of glass unfortunately)

Remembering as well that Fyfe & Walters are probably only around for 1 more year anyway.

Prediction. We get one of Bolton or Warner this year, take a first round pick this year, which frees us up to trade futures.

People need to stop stressing. We won't be moving on any of our core for either of those two.

Players that could help grease the wheels.

Brodie
Ras
Worner
Switta (if the rumours are true)
Voss (I really want to keep him)
Sturt (love Sturt, but Bolton is an improvement, and he is potentially made of glass unfortunately)

Remembering as well that Fyfe & Walters are probably only around for 1 more year anyway.

Prediction. We get one of Bolton or Warner this year, take a first round pick this year, which frees us up to trade futures.
Unfortunately, im reliably informed because all our first will be around pick 30 after bids, all 4 1sts we have access to aren't enough for Bolton who is actually the best player in the AFL

Last edited:
And yeah..

You know what’s good for a culture?
A premiership.

Hawks drafted their list build before their dynasty then added guys like Gunston, Lake, McEvoy, Frawley etc.

No one is saying we need to give up a Brayshaw or a Darcy, but we’ve gone to the draft. The list is mostly there, let’s add a key piece

Lets say Collingwood completely shit the bed and finish 12th (pick 7)We finish top 4 (pick 15), and Port finish 9th (pick 11)

West Coast FF and current 2nd for 7 and 11?

We go to the draft with 15 and two seconds/
2025 WC FF and our second for Warner
We keep our own first.

Wouldn’t do it. They’ll sack Simpson and briefly bounce back up the ladder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yeah..

Trading Croad did nothing to damage the culture at Hawthorn, but it did win them some shiny cups.

Let’s be honest, most of us would’ve seen the pies pick at around 14 at best. Port’s probably similar. Ours around 10-12.

We gambled on the arrogance of those 2 clubs and although the season is far from over our picks are looking seriously tasty.

Even a hypothetical 16,17,18 + ~24 from Saints is a huge hand. Anything higher is gravy.

What we shouldn’t do is overpay for other teams first next year with the assumption they’ll stay bottom 3.

I personally don’t like the idea of moving a pick into the future. Just use them one way or the other.

Let’s be honest, most of us would’ve seen the pies pick at around 14 at best. Port’s probably similar. Ours around 10-12.

We gambled on the arrogance of those 2 clubs and although the season is far from over our picks are looking seriously tasty.

Even a hypothetical 16,17,18 + ~24 from Saints is a huge hand. Anything higher is gravy.

What we shouldn’t do is overpay for other teams first next year with the assumption they’ll stay bottom 3.

I personally don’t like the idea of moving a pick into the future. Just use them one way or the other.
But we may be forced too(move picks in to 2025 draft) if the chase for Chad moves in to 2025.

I get your sentiment, but let's say Geelong finish about 5th, and hold pick 14. The want Bailey Smith, but that won't do it. We have a pick 8 this year, which will get it done for them, and Warner and Bolton are off the table.

Would you send them pick 8 for the future first and pick 14? I would. You'd expect it to be 2x pick 14's, but it could be much, much better.

I get your sentiment, but let's say Geelong finish about 5th, and hold pick 14. The want Bailey Smith, but that won't do it. We have a pick 8 this year, which will get it done for them, and Warner and Bolton are off the table.

Would you send them pick 8 for the future first and pick 14? I would. You'd expect it to be 2x pick 14's, but it could be much, much better.

Well if we’re throwing out favourable non realistic trades then sure.

I meant not chasing a ‘guaranteed’ top 3 pick for next year.

If we’re moving picks. Target a top 4 team from this year. Play on their thinking their future 1st value is low and hope. So, similar to what we did to get this year’s firsts. We must protect our downside.

IF Warner wants to come next year I don’t understand this belief we MUST find extra capital to satisfy. We’ll have our first and still a future first and he’s OOC. Those deals always get done.

But, yes, move a pick into next year but don’t chase someone’s perceived top 5 pick.

But we may be forced too(move picks in to 2025 draft) if the chase for Chad moves in to 2025.

Why?

Our first from 2025 and our future first 2026 for an OOC player. That’s the deal.

I’d be ok with offering Swans 4 x 1sts with some of their 2nds coming back to get Warner this year. Next year he goes for 2 x firsts.

IF Warner seeks a trade this year then sure, empty the clip.

Well if we’re throwing out favourable non realistic trades then sure.

I meant not chasing a ‘guaranteed’ top 3 pick for next year.

If we’re moving picks. Target a top 4 team from this year. Play on their thinking their future 1st value is low and hope. So, similar to what we did to get this year’s firsts. We must protect our downside.

IF Warner wants to come next year I don’t understand this belief we MUST find extra capital to satisfy. We’ll have our first and still a future first and he’s OOC. Those deals always get done.

But, yes, move a pick into next year but don’t chase someone’s perceived top 5 pick.
On the same page then :thumbsu:

I think we have more than enough for Warner. And would expect us to get some value back as well if we're giving either 2x of the best firsts, or 3x firsts. Sydney won't need that many picks so seconds should come back.

On the same page then :thumbsu:

I think we have more than enough for Warner. And would expect us to get some value back as well if we're giving either 2x of the best firsts, or 3x firsts. Sydney won't need that many picks so seconds should come back.

Yeah, I probably didn’t word exactly what I was thinking.

It was more replying to suggestions to move picks to satisfy a future trade. Especially attempting to get a high future first.

Don’t count your chickens type comment.

Imagine we move picks to next year but Swans resign Warner. Then what?

Just kicked a ~15 pick down the road for nothing.

Getting hold of West Coast's future first so they can get hold of some of our firsts for trades this year would make 2025 extra special.
I can't see them trading their future first except if a top five pick is involved tbh. It could easily be pick one next year and surely they aren't that dumb that they can't recognise that.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back