Votes: 190 65.1%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 13 4.5%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 34 11.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Here i thought we should have had a go at Tarryn Thomas last trade period
Just goes to show that us mug punters have no real idea.
I suppose wc will be looking at him, now, however

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Realistically Eagles are probably the only team he could go to (not that I think he should ever play AFL again).
The WC media would protect him, he'd be out of Melbourne and the AFL would love a good, happy story so would support Eagles covering up any other idiocy he'll likely get up too.

I'll say it again though, trash like Thomas shouldn't be playing in the AFL.

Tarryn Thomas could play at Brisbane, Gold Coast, Swans or Giants and the media would forget what he looks like.

Realistically Eagles are probably the only team he could go to (not that I think he should ever play AFL again).
The WC media would protect him, he'd be out of Melbourne and the AFL would love a good, happy story so would support Eagles covering up any other idiocy he'll likely get up too.

He should stay away from Perth, the eagles media can’t protect him from northbridge

wc will recruit him to a leadership role.

Some reports on main board we are interested in Liam Baker.

Thoughts?
Who does he push out of the best 22

Thoughts?

I like watching Baker play a lot, he's so clean and makes good decisions, just an excellent footballer.
But he doesn't seem a pressing need so I am not sure who he would replace, Aish maybe fills a similar role in our side as our quietly competent mr fixit but Aish is bigger and so more versatile? Yeah I like Baker but would be a bit of an odd one when we need other types more.

Tarryn Thomas could play at Brisbane, Gold Coast, Swans or Giants and the media would forget what he looks like.
Really, just like Eiljah Taylor? He played at Sydney and everyone that mattered pretty much knew or got to know what he looked like because of his off field domestic violence issues, not disimilar to the behaviours and allegations attributed to and alleged against Thomas.

I like watching Baker play a lot, he's so clean and makes good decisions, just an excellent footballer.
But he doesn't seem a pressing need so I am not sure who he would replace, Aish maybe fills a similar role in our side as our quietly competent mr fixit but Aish is bigger and so more versatile? Yeah I like Baker but would be a bit of an odd one when we need other types more.
I like Baker except for when I bring him into my fantasy team off a score of 120 and he produces a 40-50 score for the next 3 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bakers a gun. Would walk into our side and every other team in the AFL too.
There was a lot of talk he was/is in the running to be a future captain of Richmond footy club.
He’s at that kinda level where if he wants to come you just find a way to make the deal.
Similar to when Schultz told his agent to shop him around in Melbourne - the best team in the land swooped and he’s become a superstar recruit all of a sudden.
Though they play different positions I think baker is a relatively higher level player than Schultz so we will definitely be chasing him if he’s available in any form.

Bakers a gun. Would walk into our side and every other team in the AFL too.
There was a lot of talk he was/is in the running to be a future captain of Richmond footy club.
He’s at that kinda level where if he wants to come you just find a way to make the deal.
Similar to when Schultz told his agent to shop him around in Melbourne - the best team in the land swooped and he’s become a superstar recruit all of a sudden.
Though they play different positions I think baker is a relatively higher level player than Schultz so we will definitely be chasing him if he’s available in any form.

He can be brilliant but he is inconsistent IMO. He is not at the level of just finding a way to make the deal, I would like him but at a reasonable price.

Liam Baker see and go get. WA kid, 25/26 yo, in our best 22 perfect for our list.

Really, just like Eiljah Taylor? He played at Sydney and everyone that mattered pretty much knew or got to know what he looked like because of his off field domestic violence issues, not disimilar to the behaviours and allegations attributed to and alleged against Thomas.
...which happened in WA, which is the only reason anyone knew at all.

Thoughts?
Who does Liam Baker push out of our best 22?
Realistically, most of the side.

Of the medium sized players, he definitely would be picked Aish, Sharp, Erasmus, Wagner, Walker, and Emmett, and would probably be picked before Johnson, Freddy and Fyfe.

In other words, the guy would be a walk up start to every game he was fit.

What medium players are we talking about??

Liam Baker would be the shortest player on our list by over an inch if he walked in tomorrow.

What medium players are we talking about??

Liam Baker would be the shortest player on our list by over an inch if he walked in tomorrow.
Didn’t realise height was critical in assessment of a player.

I'm in the get him camp. He’s two time premiership winner, within his first three years of afl, best 22 in a multiple premiership winning side, runner up in 2021 B&F Tigers. Easily in our best 22….the guy is better than erasmus, Johnson, Brodie, walker, sharp, wagner, Chapman, banfield, Hughes…. Line ball with Clark.

Didn’t realise height was critical in assessment of a player.

I'm in the get him camp. He’s two time premiership winner, within his first three years of afl, best 22 in a multiple premiership winning side, runner up in 2021 B&F Tigers. Easily in our best 22….the guy is better than erasmus, Johnson, Brodie, walker, sharp, wagner, Chapman, banfield, Hughes…. Line ball with Clark.

His height is relevant when people are discussing shifting out the medium sized players from our side to fit him in.

I expect he will make our side better whether he was playing forward or back, but I wouldn't expect him to cost a fortune in trade either.

His height is relevant when people are discussing shifting out the medium sized players from our side to fit him in.

I expect he will make our side better whether he was playing forward or back, but I wouldn't expect him to cost a fortune in trade either.

He wouldn't cost Freo anymore than what Shultz cost Collingwood with Shultz having a year to go on his contract.

That would mean Freo have two first round picks still to use with them being interested in McDonald. Our best pick for 2024 ND and picks from next year's national draft would get McDonald if he wanted to head to Freo. And leave us still with one ND pick for '24.

With McDonald and Baker moving into the forward line in would most definitely immediately strengthen our forward line with Baker having a good 4 to 5 year's of quality football left in him. And Freo's window is opening soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back