Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. I'd love to see the list modelling on what we might look like if we went to the draft.

I suspect in a perfect world there'd be an argument that just maxxing talent with our age profile extends the timeline to remain a top 4 squad, opens up future list management moves, giving us best chance to win a premiership.
"Potentially" is the word, they would have just as much a chance of being washouts vs being guns, i.e. if we brought in 3 Liam Henrys in the draft we would be no closer to a premiership.

I'll agree to disagree with you on this one. What I'm talking about is set shots infrot of goals not snaps and shots on the run. According to my cousin he takes a lot oh shots from deep in the pockets and when on the run being chased by an opposing player. But set shots in good positions he says he's very good.
Your opinion is based on your cousins opinion, which you're stating as facts. Boltons good, but not a good set shot.

Now that's a fact

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

"Potentially" is the word, they would have just as much a chance of being washouts vs being guns, i.e. if we brought in 3 Liam Henrys in the draft we would be no closer to a premiership.
I think there's enough data to suggest there's not equal chance 9, 10 and 15 (or whatever they end up at) wash out or improve the best 22.

That's like saying we shouldn't trade for Bolton because he might suffer a career threatening injury.

Your opinion is based on your cousins opinion, which you're stating as facts. Boltons good, but not a good set shot.

Now that's a fact

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Also my opinion to be clear. I'm basing my opinion on what Ive seen and his opinion. We're actually only arguing semantics anyway. Im saying Bolton's a good shot when not shooting on the run or from the pockets to clarify my view. Which he is. Either way he's an absolute gun small forward when he plays forward for extended periods. He's actually played as much midfield as forward in recent years which is why he's averaged more than 3.5 clearances a game in the last 3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think some brutal discussions need to take place with some players who have long term contracts.

Having everyone locked up is all well and good but it also creates a safety net more relaxed attitude for players and that isn't a good thing.
I agree. If you do that you have to hold them accountable for poor performance but our MC don't even do that

I agree. If you do that you have to hold them accountable for poor performance but our MC don't even do that
Handing out 6 year contracts is ridiculous.

Where have they all come from.

Pav never signed one so why the desperation to offer some of these guys atm that.

The only 2 players that should have been offered a 6 year contract in 30 year history is Matthew Pavlich or Nathan Fyfe.

No one else

Said it a few days ago, but will say again. We need to go to the draft and not even think about trading in ‘star’ players.
Our list is not good enough to be thinking about bringing in the ‘cherry on top’.
You're a genius, the longer we spend drafting the longer we can tell the media we're a young team! Would absolutely hate to top up and inject talent in a team built on years of high draft picks!

Said it a few days ago, but will say again. We need to go to the draft and not even think about trading in ‘star’ players.
Our list is not good enough to be thinking about bringing in the ‘cherry on top’.
I think the last month is a brutal reality check for everyone.

Yes we have lost some close games.

But today was no excuse we had more to play for then Port at home and tossed up a meek performance really.

I don’t even know where to start besides young we have no 1 touch players and no one that can hit a target
Brayshaw and Serong are shit compared to butters rozee and jhf been exposed big time. We lack match winners and our bottom 10 players aren’t afl standard we need to be ruthless and need to recruit well or we are going to waste the next 3 years

Handing out 6 year contracts is ridiculous.

Where have they all come from.

Pav never signed one so why the desperation to offer some of these guys atm that.

The only 2 players that should have been offered a 6 year contract in 30 year history is Matthew Pavlich or Nathan Fyfe.

No one else
I guess it was an overreaction to us losing some players. Hard to get continuity if the team keeps changing every year. We need more quality depth, that we actually use, to keep them accountable.

I don’t even know where to start besides young we have no 1 touch players and no one that can hit a target
Brayshaw and Serong are shit compared to butters rozee and jhf been exposed big time. We lack match winners and our bottom 10 players aren’t afl standard we need to be ruthless and need to recruit well or we are going to waste the next 3 years

Massive over reaction

Yep spot on. Gun midfielders need to kick goals when they get the chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back