Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Schultz did not come out of nowhere, there were rumblings for a few years.

Literally no single media outlet has ever reported that Sam Switkowski might leave
Rumours from two years prior do not hold any weight. It's like saying Neale in 2018 had rumblings because Port were trying to get him over in 2016.

Pretty sure that's how they've always done it. It's why Meek's trade request came a lot later than the other guys who left that year.

Itā€™d either be like this or just do everyone now. Itā€™s already been confirmed itā€™s not the latter.

Still wouldnā€™t be surprised if we hear nothing official until Peel are done though - if we can keep all the trade requests (if any) quiet that is.

Schultz did not come out of nowhere, there were rumblings for a few years.

Literally no single media outlet has ever reported that Sam Switkowski might leave
I do remember hawks offered him a deal. But he stayed for our 2+1

Our deal mustā€™ve been better

Can we look to get Gold Coast involved with Rioli and Bolton deal?

Pick 6 is ludicrously too high for Rioli.

Havenā€™t run the maths, but would Gold Coast benefit from downgrading through us?

Somehow Tigers end up with 6, 9, 10.

We keep 17.

All sorts of later round or future picks swaps, upgrades etc in favour of whoever.

I hope we don't give up both 9+10 for Bolton

Ideally 9 + 17 and steak knives

Need to continue bringing in young talent

Happy to give one of seconds for baker also

And go to the draft with the other - or collard if there's any merit to that rumour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be realistic guys. It's more likely than not that Sturt leaves. We've offered him a contract, but he's probably getting an extra 200k+/year from another club that has worse forward stocks than us. Doesn't mean we've underpaid or undervalued him, it's likely just a Logue situation where keeping him would mean overpaying a ton.

Switta I don't really see him leaving, especially with Baker choosing WC, Schultz leaving last year, Walters done. Don't think we'd get enough value from that to justify letting him go with 2 years left. If there's a genuine family situation then it probably gets done.
Sturt hurts way worse than Logue because he's basically the only AFL quality medium forward we have on the list.

6 is overs but suns donā€™t need kids.
Rioli will probably win the BnF

If freo give up 9 & 10 for Bolton fans will riot even 9 & 17 youā€™d want something back

I still think a third club gets involved with this one tbh whether itā€™s directly or indirectly.

Baker, Graham and Rioli all going out could open up opportunities. Unless West Coast are absolute campaigners with Baker (they should be btw) I canā€™t see how Bolton isnā€™t the last one of these done.

I'd prefer if we didn't lose him, but we can't be paying him more than he's worth.
I agree but like Logue we would have had the chance to extend him before the season started on much less coin.

He deserved a multi year extension after the second half of last season in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There has been a bit scuttlebutt around Switta for a bit now.

Nothing at all on Sturt. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if they are haggling over the length of contract and dollars. For Sturt the grass isnā€™t necessarily greener on the other side. He has found a niche in the side and it is his to lose. He also doesnā€™t have d*ckh**d manager persuading him to head off to St Kilda.

I guess time will tell.

Last edited:
I agree but like Logue we would have had the chance to extend him before the season started on much less coin.

He deserved a multi year extension after the second half of last season in my opinion.
And like Logue, he hadn't shown enough in terms of fitness/availability and form to warrant an extension yet.

Again, second half of last year was very average if you take out a two week block (which included the eagles demolition). A one year extension was appropriate then. He deserves a multi year after his form this year, but if a cashed up club comes swooping in then he'd be stupid not to take it given his knee issues.

We tend to pay more than they are worth when we bring them in from somewhere else but not when we have to keep our own. We just love what everyone else.
Think you'll find just about every club in the league does that. They just phrase it differently. "Look how much our players love to be here they're even accepting so much less than they would at other clubs so they can stay!"

wakojako your time has come
i think not coincidence GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back