Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans not usually in the business of letting their best players leave in contract when in the window.

Next year he is OOC.
That just adds to the case we get him this year, Swans have less leverage next year.

Makes sense they trade him this year while we have the biggest hand of picks.

There's also rumours of Richmond selling Tom Lynch to go along with Baker, Rioli, Bolton and Graham.

They are going to have four million bucks in spare cap in 2025.

If the remaining contract for Bolton is worth 5.2 million and we buy their entire spare cap with our draft picks we could be paying Bolton $300k a season and Shai gets a massive up front payment to encourage the move.

I don't think I have a problem adding a top level talent for the price of a depth player on the salary cap if it means we trade some potential mystery box magic beans.

It will mean we can buy another known quantity later and not sell anyone.

That just adds to the case we get him this year, Swans have less leverage next year.

Makes sense they trade him this year while we have the biggest hand of picks.
No it doesn't. They value the extra year of Chad over the extra trade collateral. They've done this in the past at least twice (keep a player who asked to go).

No it doesn't. They value the extra year of Chad over the extra trade collateral. They've done this in the past at least twice (keep a player who asked to go).

And they back their culture for those players to then stay when out of contract, both Papley and O'Keefe asked for trades and ended up signing past the initial contract. I can't see a world where the Swans give up Warner this year.

John Meeson on Sam Sturt on Gettable "I'm pretty sure they're pretty close on a 2 year extension with Sam", mentioned freo have a fair bit to do this trade period but reiterated he thinks its pretty close to locking him into a 2 year deal.

John must not directly cover Sturt by the way he said this, but he must be managed by someone else in the same agency he works for

Yep, he'd be in their best 22 easy.

I'm not sure he would be. They have Taranto, Hopper, Ross as big bodied inside mids who aren't particularly fast nor skilled. How many would they want to play? Erasmus might be better long term than Taranto and Hopper (and that's the sort of player I hope he can turn into), but he's not pushing them out now. Can't feel too sorry for Taranto and Hopper considering the money they will make, but geez they were sold an almighty lemon.

If Richmond act like their Bigfooty board they’ll have a disgruntled Petracca version in Bolton.

His Mrs has wanted back from as early as 2021 from what I’ve been told. They always planned to come back..f knows why he signed long term.
Probably around the dollars they felt he was owed, so get that locked in, and then look at a move.

He was expecting to stay for at least next year, probably the year after, but Richmond’s circumstances changed quick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John Meeson on Sam Sturt on Gettable "I'm pretty sure they're pretty close on a 2 year extension with Sam", mentioned freo have a fair bit to do this trade period but reiterated he thinks its pretty close to locking him into a 2 year deal.

John must not directly cover Sturt by the way he said this, but he must be managed by someone else in the same agency he works for

Can we calm the farm on the player leaving stuff now? We are clearly focusing on getting players in, for the first time in years we have not had any contract distractions this year

If Richmond act like their Bigfooty board they’ll have a disgruntled Petracca version in Bolton.

His Mrs has wanted back from as early as 2021 from what I’ve been told. They always planned to come back..f knows why he signed long term.
That kind of money is hard to turn down I'd imagine.

Sounds like 3+ moves to me. Could still be Baker and we'll know that today you'd think.

Can't wait to hear which best 22 player is leaving this year.

There's got to be a pressure forward stuck in the 2s somewhere that might interest us.
It's rather ironic that we have, for years, lamented small forwards who apply heaps of pressure, but don't impact the scoreboard too much...but here we are.

"Freo have a bit to do"

Bolton and.....?

I took that to mean we have 3 first round picks and we want to use them to bring people in. I think we can lock in Bolton and I assume we're having a big crack at Warner. The Gettable guys have been running with the line that we'll be very active this trade period for a while now

Probably explains why he's inexplicably on 1.2 mil a year at the Tigers

I took that to mean we have 3 first round picks and we want to use them to bring people in. I think we can lock in Bolton and I assume we're having a big crack at Warner. The Gettable guys have been running with the line that we'll be very active this trade period for a while now
Let's just hope it's not a bunch of 30+ year old JOM types. This whole thing is starting to reek of desperation from Garlick and JL to save their jobs. Not much thought given beyond that and the big picture long term.

Yeah, but a lot of the noisy targets we were linked to are now off the table.

All signs are pointing to Warner staying this time around.

Cumming likely SA.

McDonald, Errol, all signed up.

Garcia & Richards aren't exactly big moves, likely to be 4th rounders.

Expect Baker to nominate West Coast later today.

There's a surprise somewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back