Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's rather ironic that we have, for years, lamented small forwards who apply heaps of pressure, but don't impact the scoreboard too much...but here we are.

Both would be nice but feels like there aren't many of those.

Bolton and Sturt can kick goals, the others have to pressure like madmen.

how much would freddy fetch? bolton replaces him, keep switta in the forward line and bring in another pressure forward

Bolton isn't a replacement for Freddy. Freddy is that super fast dude with a massive tank that does heaps of running, often for no rewards, like a winger.

Players like Freddy are rare, especially given he can mark and kick. If he was slightly cleaner he'd be an AA contender.

Would Macrae be an option for a Fyfe replacement if Warner is not happening?
I think it makes more sense to increase the responsibility for Johnson and Erasmus. Macrae seems to have been frozen out of the system by "the modern game". Not exactly sure why, he can run and kick but yeah not young and clearly not that highly rated anymore.

Bolton isn't a replacement for Freddy. Freddy is that super fast dude with a massive tank that does heaps of running, often for no rewards, like a winger.

Players like Freddy are rare, especially given he can mark and kick. If he was slightly cleaner he'd be an AA contender.

What is Fredericks best role?

If the forward line is
Sturt, Bolton, Richards, Treacy, Jackson, Amiss where does he fit?

What is Fredericks best role?

If the forward line is
Sturt, Bolton, Richards, Treacy, Jackson, Amiss where does he fit?
I'm comfortable pretending that Richards isn't part of our forwardline.

And come on dude, you literally replied to a post where I said what Freddy's role was asking me what Freddy's role was.

Both would be nice but feels like there aren't many of those.

Bolton and Sturt can kick goals, the others have to pressure like madmen.

I think it makes more sense to increase the responsibility for Johnson and Erasmus. Macrae seems to have been frozen out of the system by "the modern game". Not exactly sure why, he can run and kick but yeah not young and clearly not that highly rated anymore.
freddy doesnt get reward because he fumbles. i expect bolton to be able to run the same patterns and probably better than freddy tbh just more reliably can pick the ball up. in our forward line currently they are the most like for like imo

I'm comfortable pretending that Richards isn't part of our forwardline.

And come on dude, you literally replied to a post where I said what Freddy's role was asking me what Freddy's role was.
You just said does a lot if running for no reward.

Are you saying he is our 3rd winger?

I don't see it on tv

I think he is danger of losing his spot if a few players come in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

freddy doesnt get reward because he fumbles. i expect bolton to be able to run the same patterns and probably better than freddy tbh just more reliably can pick the ball up. in our forward line currently they are the most like for like imo

That's partially correct. One of the reasons he doesn't get rewarded is that is the role. The other is he fumbles, which is why I said if he was cleaner he'd be AA. He can do literally everything else required really well.

I don't know if Bolton has the tank for it, but even if he does it is absolute lunacy to put a player like that in a role where they could feasibly get ignored for half the game.

You want Bolton involved as much as possible.

You just said does a lot if running for no reward.

Are you saying he is our 3rd winger?

I don't see it on tv

I think he is danger of losing his spot if a few players come in.

Yes, It's literally the role. The same reason Sharp can have 30 touches one week and 5 the next. Those roles are dependent on how the other team play. Whether they allow them the space to get the ball often.

I think he is in precisely no danger of losing his spot unless Daniels, Dylan Moore, Toby Greene etc request a trade to Freo.

Maybe in a year or two if we got Berry and he is as advertised, but even then, they'll find another role for Freddy.

Freddie played wing in the SANFL. We are seriously slow in the midfield, could he rotate through there?
I think that Brayshaw is great around the ground but his centre work is good but not elite.

If we started Brayshaw on a wing and then goes into the midfield. Freddy starts high forward and when the ball is in D50, he sets himself on the flat side on the ground. Acting like a winger.

That's partially correct. One of the reasons he doesn't get rewarded is that is the role. The other is he fumbles, which is why I said if he was cleaner he'd be AA. He can do literally everything else required really well.

I don't know if Bolton has the tank for it, but even if he does it is absolute lunacy to put a player like that in a role where they could feasibly get ignored for half the game.

You want Bolton involved as much as possible.

Yes, It's literally the role. The same reason Sharp can have 30 touches one week and 5 the next. Those roles are dependent on how the other team play. Whether they allow them the space to get the ball often.

I think he is in precisely no danger of losing his spot unless Daniels, Dylan Moore, Toby Greene etc request a trade to Freo.

Maybe in a year or two if we got Berry and he is as advertised, but even then, they'll find another role for Freddy.
tbf as a small forward that just comes with the territory. i expect him to be injected in centre bounces as a means of balancing this though. should help further enhance our mid/fwd connection and rotations as well. hes a really flexible player bolton imo, can play that high half forward role, mid/fwd rotation and can even park him as the deepest forward with pretty good results.

all those times weve bombed it long on top of walters might actually start to work out if we kick it to bolton instead lmao

I think that Brayshaw is great around the ground but his centre work is good but not elite.

If we started Brayshaw on a wing and then goes into the midfield. Freddy starts high forward and when the ball is in D50, he sets himself on the flat side on the ground. Acting like a winger.
brayshaw was worse to start the year when he was placed on a wing, hes best as a starting square mid, his connection with serong is also top notch and adds some needed defensive efforts in there

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back