Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if someone has shown interest (North et al.) and this is just to say he's valued, cough up a fourth rounder.

He was in touch with WAFL clubs earlier in the year.

May also be that Voss, despite agreeing to a 2 year deal (not announced) has had his turned.
Voss is still fine from what I've heard, I think they want Taberner down at Peel Thunder more than anything.

Voss is still fine from what I've heard, I think they want Taberner down at Peel Thunder more than anything.
Likely spells the end for Sebit then :(

Alright I can't keep doing this I'm joking.

Taberner isn't getting a new deal, I just wanted some activity in the thread.
Welsh Corgi Fighting GIF by Lazy Corgi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can afford pick 10 and Bolton's salary, if that's what your asking. And, there should be another 2m+ to spare in coming years. Of course, it's all guess work forme as salaries aren't public info. Basically, the AFLPA have negotiated a deal for TPP at the right time for buyers.
The 2m spare is a red herring. Older players retire every year but younger players get older and better so need more money. Sturt, Voss, Reidy etc will all need a bit more and it adds up. We already have long term contracts for a lot of our stars but often a 7 year contract won't be the same over every year. It will increase and decrease as the planned money becomes available or if someone leaves they might pay them a bit more to bring it forward. The 2m is already planned on leaving and allowances have been made for what we are doing with it including recruiting. More than half is probably just to recruit kids and pay depth.

I recon 2 of the Warner / Pickett / Bolton combo have been getting worked on for a long time and either Bolton or Pickett has come on the radar in the last few months. Getting all three in my be impossible for a cap scenario but maybe if we get creative plus trade out a star a few years later we can do it. It's a much better scenario to be in than our previous ones.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back