Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is one where you can believe me or not, but I'm not going to out my source for this. Moose was very team oriented when he signed his last contract extension.
600k is very team orientated, 400k is insulting to him and I hope he didn't do that

Jack Martin a possibility to come to Freo?
A one year contract to Taberner?

giphy.webp

This is such an advanced level of stupidity, it is indistinguishable from malice. Are there any adults down at Cockburn ARC or is it just one giant creche?

So the way I see it, we're preparing for if Warner is coming this year. Hence holding out on Koz & Baker.

As soon Warner categorically rules out a move this year, we'll switch to asset management for next year, and other targets this year.

No source. Just feels.

Would Martin want to be doing a medical while he is still recovering from a hamstring strain? Would Freo? I can see pros and cons from a club perspective, but not sure about the player. I would have thought he'd want to present at full fitness to enhance his chances.
Would they bother? His history is there for all to know.

We take on Martin knowing the injury risks... but also if that swing at cow corner pays off we get a player who can hugely transform our attacking transitions.

He's a free agent, so the only cost is salary cap %.

We take on Martin knowing the injury risks... but also if that swing at cow corner pays off we get a player who can hugely transform our attacking transitions.

He won't be offered much.

The medical would be to see if his hammies are recoverable (like chapman) due to poor management from carlton, or toast (like harley).

Blues have had a lot of soft tissue injuries this year, so it's either bad luck and just clustered, or they're not doing something right.

He won't be offered much.

The medical would be to see if his hammies are recoverable (like chapman) due to poor management from carlton, or toast (like harley).

Blues have had a lot of soft tissue injuries this year, so it's either bad luck and just clustered, or they're not doing something right.
Cerra's done his hammy like 3 or 4 times this year alone

Cerra's done his hammy like 3 or 4 times this year alone
Yeah, it's odd. Was pretty durable here wasn't he? Maybe 1x long stint?

They either have a lot of injury prone players, or poor management.

The fact they're looking at a new head of fitness probably speaks to the latter.

That said, Martin seems like he's always had bad strings.

So the way I see it, we're preparing for if Warner is coming this year. Hence holding out on Koz & Baker.

As soon Warner categorically rules out a move this year, we'll switch to asset management for next year, and other targets this year.

No source. Just feels.
I see no way we can trade for both Warner and Bolton while both are contracted in one year short of pushing someone good out. Sydney are not taking less than 9 and 10 at minimum (he was just AA) and Richmond are demanding at least one of those picks. We also arent getting Richmond chucking in any salary if getting both.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Salary cap and list space. Even if he is not a free agent, he won't cost much.

I just don't value his output that highly, and it doesn't make up for the fact he is only available half the time.

The last 3 years, he is only average 10 possession a game, 1 to 1.3 goals a game, and 2 tackles.

If you bring in players like him, you can't complain if we miss out on very good 2nd tier players.

I would prefer to have a crack at the next Luke Ryan, Schultz or Tim Kelly than trade for him.

No source. Just feels.

Still holding out hope for Kozzy this year.

Will be tough in 12 months having to decide between Pickett or Warner

Oh God, just Beveridge on Gettable again and he starts off with a banger about how WC are still in the hunt for Bolton. Ughghh
He’s absolutely clueless.

Could take up race calling though.

Salary cap and list space. Even if he is not a free agent, he won't cost much.

I just don't value his output that highly, and it doesn't make up for the fact he is only available half the time.

The last 3 years, he is only average 10 possession a game, 1 to 1.3 goals a game, and 2 tackles.

If you bring in players like him, you can't complain if we miss out on very good 2nd tier players.

I would prefer to have a crack at the next Luke Ryan, Schultz or Tim Kelly than trade for him.
His output is surprisingly effective. Top shelf even. It's just very rare, mainly due to being made of lacky bands left out in the sun too long.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back