List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane and Buckley here on Logan to freo in 2024 - first 3 min

I listened to that this morning. I'll paraphrase Kane's thoughts to save everyone the 3 minutes.

I know they were missing Amiss and Jackson (i.e. our two key targets) but Freo really need a key target.

That's right, he got paid for that.

Last edited:

The McDonald rumours are starting to head the same way as the Jackson ones for what it's worth. Media peeps off the record think it's a likely thing and family members are starting to chat a bit
Are you as confident as you were with Jackson though ;)

Some point I might go back to 2016 and try to understand how I feel like we’ve drafted really well but somehow came out of the rebuild with only Jackson and Amiss who I would consider potential top 10 players. Port just smashed it with Rozee and Butters and they got lucky with JHF like we did with Jackson.

That 2018 draft / trade will go down in infamy for us
Interesting that you omitted Serong and Young, I personally would say they have the potential to be top 10 players, not to mention Brayshaw who has already been a top 10 player in 2022 (players MVP and AA).

Interesting that you omitted Serong and Young, I personally would say they have the potential to be top 10 players, not to mention Brayshaw who has already been a top 10 player in 2022 (players MVP and AA).
I think a fair assessment is that none of them are or will be top 10 players but will be happy to be proven wrong. It's a very high bar. AA does make someone a top 10 player though AFL MVP is a good argument. Personally, even from 2022 I could have listed 10 players across the AFL I'd have before Brayshaw and I go into bat for him being a onball mid an increasing amount on here

I think a fair assessment is that none of them are or will be top 10 players but will be happy to be proven wrong. It's a very high bar. AA does make someone a top 10 player though AFL MVP is a good argument. Personally, even from 2022 I could have listed 10 players across the AFL I'd have before Brayshaw and I go into bat for him being a onball mid an increasing amount on here
In that case I would say only Rozee might have a claim to top 10 Butters not yet. But still neither of them have been or are top 10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not wrong though

Let’s face it none of the negative stuff said about Freo so far is wrong outside of baseless ladder predictions, assuming we play like we did on Saturday when the real stuff starts.

Let’s also admit that if we do better than someone like Cornes or King expects us improving exactly we they’re saying we need to improve will more than likely be part of the reason.

He's not wrong though

It’s pretty asinine, but that’s Cornes.

I think McDonald is clearly better than Treacy and will get better, and that’s why we should get him but if Cornes is going to be like that I look forward to such crackers as “Geelong are without Hawkins and Cameron due to injury so they should trade in Charlie Curnow”

As a matter of interest, I wonder what kind of $$ would Kane be earning from Hutchy at SEN? I believe whateley is the highly paid A grader in the SEN stable but I wonder if Kane would be earning a comparative salary to his afl career from his combined media work with SEN, nine and AFL. He’s bloody everywhere during the season!

Fair call. I’m glad they went with the F1. That selection in 2023 was pick 25. Even if they win the whole thing again I doubt it will drop to 25 again.

The draft is looking like it will be heavily compromised again. A number of F/S and northern academy players who are top 10/20 material at this stage. Plus there are several free agents {English, McCluggage, McGrath, even Zurharr if someone goes crazy) who might get their clubs a first round compo if no trade is forced. Don't be surprised if it is indeed 25, or even worse.

Is the chat back to WA, or specifically to Freo?
The motivation would be to get back to WA but like Jackson, it’d be Freo or stay where he is - no lack of motivation on Freo part to get him per CTD and others

Last edited:
Is the chat back to WA, or specifically to Freo?
Haven't heard anything about WCE, it would be bizarre to pick WCE over us tbh

Eagles have far more pressing needs in the midfield, they're going hard for Warner

As good as Logan will be, Eagles will likely have pick 1 and I couldn't see them giving that up for McDonald anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back