List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.8%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 82 49.4%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 20 12.0%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just think of it like 9 +10 for shai and 16 for baker mate you will sleep better

Baker is extremely under rated by supporters until you have him in your team
i still thinking if Mini is appointed coach he selects the eagles but freo are starting to look a little too eager to get him.
Nope, it's the principal and it's ridiculous. Under rating Baker is having him at like pick 30. Pick 10 is absurd

Nope, it's the principal and it's ridiculous. Under rating Baker is having him at like pick 30. Pick 10 is absurd
I have said it before i believe he is a pick #15 value
also cannot see Richmond giving up #21 (first pick on day 2)
if anything goes back it will likely be #29 which kind of gets it to around 15 ;)

I sometimes think Walls looks at what he can get for the picks we have and if he is happy just does deals. Trouble with that is clubs will know they can always underpay or ask for too much.

Twomey doesn’t actually know what Freo are offering Richmond for Baker, it’s just baseless worth inflation from Victorian media, I wouldn’t read much into it
Doesn't seem like much has got out at all.

Twomey doesn’t actually know what Freo are offering Richmond for Baker, it’s just baseless worth inflation from Victorian media, I wouldn’t read much into it
If it wasnt us, I'd 100% agree but we do stupid things and it's as much the stupid difference in reporting between him and Smith that is annoying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Devil's advocate: trading out of 9 and 10 may be beneficial (as long as the trade itself isn't a rip off, which obviously there's concerns about when you hear pick 10 and Liam Baker in the same sentence).

From what I've read, those 2 picks seem to be just past the border point of the first drop-off in this draft cohort. Especially with Battle compensation and the fact that a couple of that top echelon are academy/father-son. Having first choice of "the best of the next tier" isn't the worst thing in the world, but ideally seems like you'd either want to trade up or down from those 2 picks.

The way I understand is pick 10 is involved and on the table if Bolton and Baker combo comes to Freo. We will retain 16. If just Bolton then 10 is being shopped around for a Future pick but I don’t think we’ll get the deal we’re looking for involving 10 and future picks so will likely hold. Richmond fans have been dancing in the street confident of getting all three but I’m certain this will not be the case. We’re not sure which WA club Baker is going to.

So yes 10 is on the table for Baker but as a combo with Bolton.

The word for word quote from Cal is "Fremantle has pick 10 on the table, I expect West Coast to have pick 13"
I only think that will happen if Richmond is paying part of Bakers new contract. If we get Bolton at 500k off his contract and Baker at 200K off per year of his contract I don't mind trading all 3 picks. I know plenty will disagree.. Which is fine.

Cerra re-signed for two extra years at one point.

Yeah but his demeanour never changed.

Murphy looked distraught last November whereas he looked genuinely happy to have signed today. No guarantees of course.

Not sure you've listened to what Cal said
100% I did and there is no way you could possibly take anything other than 10 is on the table from what he said. Snuff literally quoted it above for you.

I only think that will happen if Richmond is paying part of Bakers new contract. If we get Bolton at 500k off his contract and Baker at 200K off per year of his contract I don't mind trading all 3 picks. I know plenty will disagree.. Which is fine.
Richmond cant pay any of Bakers contract that totally on his new club

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back