• Chad Warner

Votes: 163 67.4%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 13 5.4%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 3.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez he’s had injury after injury how do you expect him to do anything with no continuity. Just look at Treacy in 2022 vs now after getting a good run.
My comments include his body not being able to hold up. It's not criticism against him, it's just so disappointing all round based upon what he showed in 2022.

Primary List (free agents):
Banfield, Sturt, Wagner, O'Driscoll, Hughes, Emmett, Corbett, Taberner, Knobel

Rookie List:
Voss, Jones, Reidy, Kuek, Williams, Stanley

Voss can be signed to a two year extension on the rookie list.
Jones can be signed to a two year extension on the rookie list.

Reidy can spend one more year on the rookie list but if offered a primary list position at an opposition club he will be declared a free agent and move to them as such. If Freo offer a primary list spot for him it negates the free agency.

Kuek has spent half of 2022, 2023 and 2024 on the rookie list. If the AFL allows mid season draftees to spend three FULL years on the rookie list then Kuek can be signed to a one year extension on the rookie list but will be considered a free agent if another club offers him a primary list position.

Williams can be signed to a one year extension as a category B rookie.

Stanley has spent half of 2023 and 2024 on the rookie list. If the AFL allows mid season draftees to spend three FULL years on the rookie list then Stanley can be signed to a two year extension on the rookie list.

How many picks will we have?

With 4 picks inside the 30, plus Matt Carr's son not nominating for mid season draft, despite interest suggests we will look at him at the end of the year. I would be keen to open up one spot for Winder as well, which means we want 6 spots available.
Maybe we should trade one pick into next year?

Resign ASAP
Bailey Banfield
Sam Sturt

Extend
Ethan Hughes
Corey Wagner
Patrick Voss

Likely to be extended.
Sebit Kuek - I think they will extend him for 1 year.
Ethan Stanley - was best 22 for some of the season, should get 1 more year.

Playing for there future.
Tom Emmett
Max Knobel
Odin Jones
Nathan O'Driscoll
Liam Reidy
Conrad Williams

Likely Delist

Matt Taberner
Josh Corbett

Other players contract who may be traded.
Brodie
I'd think Hughes is good as gone given he'll be 30 before next season starts and isn't best 22.

Not sure what's gained from delisting Knobel either. Belongs in the likely to extend category IMO.

I hope NOD is extended tbh. Looked like he was almost ready to rediscover 2022 form in the pre season. Even if he gets some of the way there he's great depth in at least two roles.

Kind of agree on the rest but we will likely need to make space for four or five players to come in somehow.

How many picks will we have?

With 4 picks inside the 30, plus Matt Carr's son not nominating for mid season draft, despite interest suggests we will look at him at the end of the year. I would be keen to open up one spot for Winder as well, which means we want 6 spots available.
Maybe we should trade one pick into next year?

Resign ASAP
Bailey Banfield
Sam Sturt

Extend
Ethan Hughes
Corey Wagner
Patrick Voss

Likely to be extended.
Sebit Kuek - I think they will extend him for 1 year.
Ethan Stanley - was best 22 for some of the season, should get 1 more year.

Playing for there future.
Tom Emmett
Max Knobel
Odin Jones
Nathan O'Driscoll
Liam Reidy
Conrad Williams

Likely Delist

Matt Taberner
Josh Corbett

Other players contract who may be traded.
Brodie
Surely Emmett isn't on the block. He hasn't set the world on fire with ball in hand but his intensity and work rate is there and he is playing in the position that has the least amount of depth on our list. He's young so could always improve when someone like Hughes is only going to get worse with age being 30.

At least another year contract as depth I recon unless we are trading in two small forward types.

As we do this again, there will be minimum 5 desisted and Corbett doesn't count as we've used his list already.

Tabs and Hughes have their retirement plans in order and a big mad Monday planned. I think Reidy will be pushed out or delisted as well as one of Jones and Kuek. Then at least one of Stanley, Drizz and Wagner (older and not best 22).

Williams as Cat B also likely doesn't count as a delisting unless there's some hidden NGA we haven't heard of this year.

Normally we start to see a few signings after the bye. Since we are linked with multiple big fish we probably won't hear anything until late in the season. Treacy and Brayshaw should be priority number one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As we do this again, there will be minimum 5 desisted and Corbett doesn't count as we've used his list already.

Tabs and Hughes have their retirement plans in order and a big mad Monday planned. I think Reidy will be pushed out or delisted as well as one of Jones and Kuek. Then at least one of Stanley, Drizz and Wagner (older and not best 22).

Williams as Cat B also likely doesn't count as a delisting unless there's some hidden NGA we haven't heard of this year.

Doesn't he have another year on cntract?

Own GIF by OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network

Surely Emmett isn't on the block. He hasn't set the world on fire with ball in hand but his intensity and work rate is there and he is playing in the position that has the least amount of depth on our list. He's young so could always improve when someone like Hughes is only going to get worse with age being 30.

At least another year contract as depth I recon unless we are trading in two small forward types.

I am not sure about Hughes, I don't think he is too far away from playing this week and has played 3 or 4 games this year. I guess we draper developing, plus Wagner and co his is not really needed.

Emmett is iffy, but if he is not in the best 22 at the moment and we plan on getting 2 or 3 players that play in the forward half (I want 3), he won't be near it next year.

In reality, both probably should get 1 year contract as depth as they both played this year, but will have a few unlucky players this year.

Hughes should be kept tbh.
Draper and Davies are still young. Chapman is injury prone. McDonald is coming off a major knee injury.
Don’t trust Worner. He doesn’t play tall and is pretty untried at AFL level

Draper and Davies are still young. Chapman is injury prone. McDonald is coming off a major knee injury.
Since when did Hughes become a key defender though? He’s a flanker and medium defender.
We have enough of them and we will probably draft a top 25 HBF top that should pretty quickly move ahead of Hughes.
Next year we will have Pearce, OMac, Cox, Davies and Draper and Murphy as KPDs with Ryan also a chop out option there.
Hughes will be delisted.

Since when did Hughes become a key defender though? He’s a flanker and medium defender.
We have enough of them and we will probably draft a top 25 HBF top that should pretty quickly move ahead of Hughes.
Next year we will have Pearce, OMac, Cox, Davies and Draper and Murphy as KPDs with Ryan also a chop out option there.
Hughes will be delisted.

He is a 3rd or 4th tall, but can play a bit taller.

In our current situation, with 3 key defenders out he may be forced to play tall but more than likely Ryan would take that role.

The pecking order of defenders is roughly below.

KPD: Pearce, Cox, McDonald, Draper, Davies
3rd\4th tall: Ryan, Chapman, Worner, Draper, Hughes
Back pocket: Clark, Walker , Wagner, Worner, Hughes

Assuming Hughes is or will be behind all of Worner, Wagner, Draper then he should be delisted.

I think I would pick Draper as 3rd tall ahead of him.

I'm adding you to the list of player parents / family members on here. Your support of Hughesy is admirable

Hughes will get delisted. He is a solid senior guy that can step in but many have overtaken him on the list. Even Draper has the ability/traits to provide coverage for a more medium sized role. If you think about all the small/medium defenders he is probably last in the depth chart right now, a known quantity turning 30 this year with no more upside. I'm no Hughes hater but I think he will get squeezed out

Back