• Chad Warner

Votes: 168 68.0%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 3.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

But he’s not OOC which is why you wouldn’t reward Richmond like WCE had to do for Kelly. The Richmond board are screaming for Richmond to get rid of him, so there’s no guarantees he would be better at Freo.
After the weekend I’ve even been a bit cold on Chad, but still attracted by his age and the friendships he already has.
If we secure Chad this trade period we won’t be left with much in our hand to use at the draft.
Cap concerns me more than the draft. We have ridiculous talent under 25, happy to skip another draft or two basically if it means another a-grade player.

Club boards are full of nuffies, meh on whatever Richmond board is saying about him.

I'm cold paying Chad $1.5m as has been thrown around. $1.1m plus incentives because he WANTS to join us, not just for money, I'm comfortable with.

Genuine question, if Bolton was out of contract, would a fair price for him be. He's a gun but there is a fair bit of mayo that goes with him from Tigers fans (who think all their players are incredible and not fairly rated). I'd be comfortable giving up a top 10 pick, not much more though.

I think if Richmond were open to letting him go this year (and honestly, with how he's playing...), I'd need a very firm commitment from Warner for next year to turn down slotting Baker into Switta's role. That is a massive upgrade and can easily be the difference in a flag or not...
Have you got any development from your itks about Switta wanting out then? Seem pretty confident about it despite it only coming from one guy.

Have you got any development from your itks about Switta wanting out then? Seem pretty confident about it despite it only coming from one guy.
Seems to be suggesting Baker is a better player to me. On the careers they've had so far that's the case but tbh when Switta has his best games the team plays amazing - Tbh I think there's a bit chicken or the egg with that. When the team plays well Switta goes to another level but the team doesn't reach that level without Switta bring involved because we don't have anyone else like him.

Seems to be suggesting Baker is a better player to me. On the careers they've had so far that's the case but tbh when Switta has his best games the team plays amazing - Tbh I think there's a bit chicken or the egg with that. When the team plays well Switta goes to another level but the team doesn't reach that level without Switta bring involved because we don't have anyone else like him.
I think Baker has more consistent good games, but I’m not sure I’ve seen the desperation and one percenters that Switta gives during his best games.

Baker isn't enough of an upgrade for me to chase over Switta so I'd only be going for him if Switta was indeed leaving, pretty good like for like I think and Baker is definitely the better player.

Bolton for mine is just so much exactly what we lack that I'd still pursue him even if it meant Switta was now sub or just outside best 23. Bonus with Bolton is the rumours (not mine, Daniels and DragoDelph ) are that HE actively asked about going us. That makes a big difference to me

Bolton is interesting because besides his skills he is at his best when there are others to take attention away from him. We are able to put that around him and the Tigers cannot.

Nah, disclaimer required that this is all spit balling.
I've heard a similar rumour about trent Rivers at Melbourne wanting to come home and play with his East Freo junior mates Sharp and Jackson. Rivers is contracted for 3 more years and I expect he won't be traded. Same as Switta as he has another 2 years on his current contract. I'd expect the club to knock back his trade request at least until he's in the final year of his contract if the rumours are even true.Swutta is so important to how we structure up in recent times.

Last edited:
Bolton is interesting because besides his skills he is at his best when there are others to take attention away from him. We are able to put that around him and the Tigers cannot.
Yeah, I see his negatives (not an every game player) as something we can easily cover. We need icing, not cake, we have A LOT of cake

I've herad a similar rumour about trent Rivers at Melbourne wanting to come home and play with his East Freo juniour mates Sharp and Jackson. Rivers is contracted for 3 more years and I expect he won't be traded. Same as Switta as he has another 2 years on his current contract. I'd expect the club to knock back his trade request at least until he's in the final year of his contract if the rumours are even true.Swutta is so important to how we structure up in recent times.
If he genuinely wants to leave, like Schultz, it will be an overpay, unlike Schultz, I think we'd need the overpay AND a player coming in from somewhere else

A whole lot of people will want to join Fremantle now that the side is surging and there's a clear opening for a forward. If they'll take a pay cut to play for Freo then we should look at them.

There's also a whole lot of people who want to join Fremantle because we have a big chunk of salary cap to spend. I don't think we should entertain as many of those.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he genuinely wants to leave, like Schultz, it will be an overpay, unlike Schultz, I think we'd need the overpay AND a player coming in from somewhere else

Hopefully Richmond so that we can suggest pick #2 for Switta for a week and a half before it settles out after Baker is traded to West Coast for pick #2 for Switta and pick #14

Then we put the offer to Sydney.

Hopefully Richmond so that we can suggest pick #2 for Switta for a week and a half before it settles out after Baker is traded to West Coast for pick #2 for Switta and pick #14

Sure, but more realtically (because they aren't Gold Coast), Switta and something minor for Baker

I think Baker is slightly better as well, but do we really need him? maybe if the Switta rumours are true

Zurhaar for cheap? yeah? nah?

Sure, but more realtically (because they aren't Gold Coast), Switta and something minor for Baker

I think Switta with two years contracted is worth more than an uncontracted Liam Baker, and I think the list management team will agree.

Switta with two years on contract is borderline untradable as it is.

A whole lot of people will want to join Fremantle now that the side is surging and there's a clear opening for a forward. If they'll take a pay cut to play for Freo then we should look at them.

There's also a whole lot of people who want to join Fremantle because we have a big chunk of salary cap to spend. I don't think we should entertain as many of those.
No one is taking a pay cut to start flying every second week and multiple extra short turn arounds off said flights. There is a much better chance though, with us surging, that we can get people to sign on without the usual premium.

Last edited:

that's my fear too, as well as it being a good thing

BUT we also have to reward those who have us in this position - it's not a bunch of super stars, it's a TEAM who plays for each other and supports each other, their coach and their club

I think Switta with two years contracted is worth more than an uncontracted Liam Baker, and I think the list management team will agree.

Switta with two years on contract is borderline untradable as it is.
I think thay leverage decreases a lot when it's directly between clubs. I would think it's more beneficial for it to be to a third club - someone who thinks they are in contention and willing to overpay

Cap concerns me more than the draft. We have ridiculous talent under 25, happy to skip another draft or two basically if it means another a-grade player.

Club boards are full of nuffies, meh on whatever Richmond board is saying about him.

I'm cold paying Chad $1.5m as has been thrown around. $1.1m plus incentives because he WANTS to join us, not just for money, I'm comfortable with.
but are they? they watch their own games more intensely than we do

That's just not happening and saying it just looks silly though I appreciate the look you must be putting on Richmond supporters faces as they run back to their board reading this

Yeah but they are just coming out of the denial stage of grief (for their list), they need time to heal
2 points yesterday, 1 goal the week before

I know Richmond needs to get it into their forward line, but Baker seems to be contributing more. I guess this weekend's game is an audition for both of them.

That's just not happening and saying it just looks silly though I appreciate the look you must be putting on Richmond supporters faces as they run back to their board reading this

That was the point, but I said the same thing when Gold Coast chased Weller and that turned out okay.

Back