• Chad Warner

Votes: 168 67.7%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 3.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle star Andrew Brayshaw says there’s no lure back to Victoria despite being out of contract in 2025

Mitchell Woodcock
The West Australian
Mon, 1 July 2024

Victorian raised Fremantle star Andrew Brayshaw has declared Perth home as the Dockers prepare to fight to keep their vice-captain who is out of contract at the end of next year.
Brayshaw, 24, will be a restricted free agent at the end of 2025 and has already been linked to several Victorian clubs including St Kilda who are believed to be flush with cash to bring in talent.
Fremantle have been on a roll in locking away key talent to long contracts, with Brennan Cox, Sean Darcy (2030), Caleb Serong, Brandon Walker, Hayden Young, Heath Chapman, Luke Ryan (2027), Jordan Clark (2028), Jye Amiss and Luke Jackson (2029) all contracted well beyond this year.
Drafted out of Sandringham Dragons with pick No.2 in 2017, Brayshaw is one of the key pieces in the Dockers’ push for a maiden premiership and said he will look at his contract at the end of the season.
“I haven’t really been listening to too much noise about it. My main focus is finishing the season as strong as I can, hopefully us pushing deep into September and then probably analyse contract talks at the end of the season,” Brayshaw said.
“Our main focus is really playing good footy at the moment.”
Brayshaw is settled in Perth, but both the midfielder and his fiancé Lizzie Stock are from Melbourne and still have ties to the state.
Asked if there’s a strong pull back to Victoria, Brayshaw said: “No, I wouldn’t say so.
“I consider Perth my home now. Me and my fiancé own a house in East Fremantle and we love it here. We’ve got a little dog, got our own little family going here.
“While we both still have family in Victoria we definitely call Perth home.”

Saints means Lyon's pitch?

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fremantle star Andrew Brayshaw says there’s no lure back to Victoria despite being out of contract in 2025

Mitchell Woodcock
The West Australian
Mon, 1 July 2024

Victorian raised Fremantle star Andrew Brayshaw has declared Perth home as the Dockers prepare to fight to keep their vice-captain who is out of contract at the end of next year.
Brayshaw, 24, will be a restricted free agent at the end of 2025 and has already been linked to several Victorian clubs including St Kilda who are believed to be flush with cash to bring in talent.
Fremantle have been on a roll in locking away key talent to long contracts, with Brennan Cox, Sean Darcy (2030), Caleb Serong, Brandon Walker, Hayden Young, Heath Chapman, Luke Ryan (2027), Jordan Clark (2028), Jye Amiss and Luke Jackson (2029) all contracted well beyond this year.
Drafted out of Sandringham Dragons with pick No.2 in 2017, Brayshaw is one of the key pieces in the Dockers’ push for a maiden premiership and said he will look at his contract at the end of the season.
“I haven’t really been listening to too much noise about it. My main focus is finishing the season as strong as I can, hopefully us pushing deep into September and then probably analyse contract talks at the end of the season,” Brayshaw said.
“Our main focus is really playing good footy at the moment.”
Brayshaw is settled in Perth, but both the midfielder and his fiancé Lizzie Stock are from Melbourne and still have ties to the state.
Asked if there’s a strong pull back to Victoria, Brayshaw said: “No, I wouldn’t say so.
“I consider Perth my home now. Me and my fiancé own a house in East Fremantle and we love it here. We’ve got a little dog, got our own little family going here.
“While we both still have family in Victoria we definitely call Perth home.”

Some idiot journo asked about his contract today and stated he’s always being linked to Victoria.

I’ve seen Brayshaw named as a pre-agent by some journos but that’s literally looking at a list of players and picking out the gun players. He won’t be mentioned in October and if he hasn’t signed by then he’ll re-sign by round one.

I’m pretty sure his commitment to the club literally belongs in the same conversation as Matthew Pavlich tbh.

Bolton is 100% on a mill a year- from effectively one of the only people who would know 100% what he is on.

That is a Large number, and considering they had some other big names on the list when he would have sighed surprising!

So unless Richmond smooth some of those dollars out he becomes our highest paid player?

Not ideal for a guy who goes missing at times. Plus the team is so tight knit this is the kinda thing that ostracizes players.

But it’s also a very Freo thing so I suspect he will be here next season and I’ll be stoked

Bolton was discussed on Footy Classified. Can't take McClure seriously with the two inside top 15 picks, but I think a reply in the comments of a single Top 10 pick is about right - even though we won't have that, (although it depends on how far Port or the Pies drop)

Last edited:

An article in late 2023. Says Freo had interest in Xavier Duursma and his girlfriend lives in perth.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton was discussed on Footy Classified. Can't take McClure seriously with the two inside top 15 picks, but I think a reply in the comments of a single Top 10 pick is about right - even though we won't have that, (although it depends on how far Port or the Pies drop)

Surely we're going much harder at Bobby Hill than Bolton.

Well it's for that reason that they are more likely to give her overs to have her here.

Unless the AFL has put its foot down regarding employing family members as a player retention strategy. They kicked up a stink when Scully's dad joined the GWS football department, adding his salary to the total player payments.

Important to note that if the club seeks to reward the player by sending money via someone else already present on the total player payments the AFL have zero issue with it.

So a brother, boyfriend, husband playing on the Eagles list would be fine. But a girlfriend or sister on the AFLW list would/could be seen as rewarding Reid outside of the AFL WC salary cap.

Geelong couldn't even provide a nanny for Tim Kelly.

Back