• Chad Warner

Votes: 180 65.9%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 22 8.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, there’s something a lot sexier about picks inside 10 than in the teens. All eyes on the Death Ride.

The word going around that Bolton recently (as in last 12 months) asked for a trade to us is legit right?

If so, assuming Warner stays at Syd for 25 - I can’t see how a deal for Bolton doesn’t get done this year? We’ll be paying overs, and they need picks before Tassie join.
Thing with any Bolton trade is it's entirely up to Richmond if it got done. They are within rights to flat out say no. Now, do I think they would have to be incredibly stupid and/or naive to keep him? Yes, but it's still their right.

I could see us not wanting to play some absolutely ridiculous price if Richmond are set on extorting rather than having it be a trade win for everyone

In all seriousness though, the more I think about it the less I want Bolton to come here. At he's best and on paper he seems like the perfect player for our list, but I get the vibe that everything he does is for himself. Even just watching him the other day, burnt a few teammates on multiple occassions to try and get his 5th.

He's got his flags now, so money would be the key motivator in him coming over. Seems to me like he'd come here for the same reason Lobb did, to make some cash and then leave when it suits. Even more so that he has a young family and his partner is from Vic.
I dont see how cash is a motivator, he's on a mill a year. No way we give him a payrise on that. If he wanted to just coast on his guaranteed millions, he'd stay at Richmond

I dont see how cash is a motivator, he's on a mill a year. No way we give him a payrise on that. If he wanted to just coast on his guaranteed millions, he'd stay at Richmond
I just don't see what other motivators there are for him to move back to WA

• Doenst want to be in a team getting belted for another 5 years?
  • Likes playing at Optus in front of friends and family?
  • Wants the glory of winning a Norm Smith?
  • Play for the club the old man played at, even if it was only really briefly

I dont know if it's any or all of those things, but he's got his big contract, dont see how it's money related

Last edited:
Once you get 2 flags you don't just pack it up and not want anymore, he will be chasing that high for the rest of his career

He was 20 and 21 for his 2x GF appearances, thats really young for a footballer.

Once you get 2 flags you don't just pack it up and not want anymore, he will be chasing that high for the rest of his career

He was 20 and 21 for his 2x GF appearances, thats really young for a footballer.
  • Doenst want to be in a team getting belted for another 5 years?
  • Likes playing at Optus in front of friends and family?
  • Wants the glory of winning a Norm Smith?
  • Play for the club the old man played, even if it was only really briefly

I dont know if it's any or all of those things, but he's got his big contract, dont see how it's money related
Fair enough. I just think you start to look at things differently when you have a family to support. Easy for a single 25 year old to head back home to try and win another flag. A lot different when it involves moving your partner and son away from their family and friends and their home and support network.

Most compelling reason to do so is if it comes with extra cash.

Please don’t put that out into the universe.

We had money put aside for LMac, and then guys like Schultz and Henry im sure we would’ve budgeted a bit in for them. Surely that’s where it’s coming from. I hope.

I don’t think I can handle losing another player.
You have nothing to worry about. People who post about getting both Waner and Bolton are either trolling or delusional.

I thought maybe Bolton was putting himself in the shop window with his performance on the weekend, at home, against the team he’d like to join, if rumours are true
In a year where he's clearly only given a crap when he felt like it, arguably his best two games were against us. Read into that what you will...

This is what I’d like our priorities to be.

1. all out for Warner if he wants in. Use the picks we need to, don’t let the deal fall over to next year.
2. If Warner said no, go for Shai. Same as above.
3. No trades that aren’t walking in a top 10 player for us.
4. If neither of the above want in, and there’s no top 10 players want in, go to the draft. Get savvy and trade one of our picks into next years draft and hope for a team to slide.
I approve this message.

Yeah, almost always, if something sounds too good to be to true, it would be. Even getting one this year and one next would surely be easier. I dont see how we dont lose AT LEAST one best 22 player to get both really. It might be "only" someone like Switta or Sturt but there's just no way.
Imo if we are to land both Warner and Bolton we would lose one of Brayshaw or Treacy as they are the only A grade players without long term contracts. There is no other way we can afford to pay both of Warner and Boltom unless Richmond pay half of Bolton's salary. Very unlikely any of the above happens.

Imo if we are to land both Warner and Bolton we would lose one of Brayshaw or Treacy as they are the only A grade players without long term contracts. There is no other way we can afford to pay both of Warner and Boltom unless Richmond pay half of Bolton's salary. Very unlikely any of the above happens.
Nah, Brayshaw is seen as part of the fabric. Maybe Treacy but I dont think they are that stupid. I'm approaching personal vendetta levels here but if it's not a couple of "bottom 5" players like Switta and/or Sturt, it's obviously Darcy.

I expect Cornes is going to be all over it when Jackson gets BOG this weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, Brayshaw is seen as part of the fabric. Maybe Treacy but I dont think they are that stupid. I'm approaching personal vendetta levels here but if it's not a couple of "bottom 5" players like Switta and/or Sturt, it's obviously Darcy.

I expect Cornes is going to be all over it when Jackson gets BOG this weekend
Remember when contracts used to mean something.

No need to worry about Cornes though. Meek will give Jackson a bath.

The problem with the NRL model is you get players like Jerome Luai announcing 15 months ahead of time they're going elsewhere, in this case from the best teams to one of the worst.
Which is shit for clubs who have a player at high risk of mentally checking out, and possibly shit for players if they jump before assessing all options.
Luai obviously got a huge payday and already has the flags but we see NRL players forcing their way out of contracts all the time when they get unhappy.

Different sport but Lewis Hamilton signed with Ferrari before the F1 season started, he's now winning races with Mercedes and Ferrari are going backwards.

Have heard on good authority that Chad is very keen to pull on the Purple jumper asap. Obviously the main stumbling block will be Sydney’s reluctance to trade contracted players.
We may not get him this year but looks like the mob up the road won’t get a look in next year, we’ll be in the box seat.
#Chadl#Chadlocknt from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He’s got mates at the club

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we pick up Bolton with our haul. Looking at how a team with our demographics is performing. Holy ****ing shit people.

If we then pick up Warner as well. Well. Just fold the comp. That’s dynastic shit. 4x in a row shit. *

*I may have had a few rosés in the sun.

In all seriousness though, the more I think about it the less I want Bolton to come here. At he's best and on paper he seems like the perfect player for our list, but I get the vibe that everything he does is for himself. Even just watching him the other day, burnt a few teammates on multiple occassions to try and get his 5th.

He's got his flags now, so money would be the key motivator in him coming over. Seems to me like he'd come here for the same reason Lobb did, to make some cash and then leave when it suits. Even more so that he has a young family and his partner is from Vic.

With 4 years on his contract Rich are gonna ask a lot for him, and I don't know its worth it taking on his massive salary and spending all our capital on him.
I think we put our offer on the table, give them a few days, then move on.

Will be overs, but not ludicrous.

Jackson was 2x 1sts, one high, one low. We can potentially (death ride pending) offer that for both players this year.

$100 bucks (to charity) says this isn't happening unless we lose a big time player. People are kidding themselves if they believe we can afford both.
You need to share the clubs books because I don't know how you can be definitive with statements like this.

Sounding implausible isn't the same thing is being actually impossible. We just don't know.
Hate to be a downer, but Warner is unlikely be an option. Bolton will be if we satisfy him $$ wise.

I trust my source, however im sure others here have legitimate sources as well who have heard differently.
Everyone else that has something on this seems to be the opposite. I think the stumbling block is Sydney, not Chad.
You have nothing to worry about. People who post about getting both Waner and Bolton are either trolling or delusional.

Share the books!

Can we get both? Yes. It’s possible.

Will we? Doubtful.

I think we’re 50/50 to get one of them this year. And if we don’t get either, the same next year.

But there’s a small chance that they both get done this year, we’ll never have more currency.

If we pick up Bolton with our haul. Looking at how a team with our demographics is performing. Holy ****ing shit people.

If we then pick up Warner as well. Well. Just fold the comp. That’s dynastic shit. 4x in a row shit. *

*I may have had a few rosés in the sun.
Well, it’s not entirely impossible, and we are already half way there if they both want this as much as you (cue the explosions!!)*

*Hows the head?

Last edited:
Back