• Chad Warner

Votes: 180 65.9%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 22 8.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In regards to trading picks two years in advance, I think it'll be pretty much useless for getting Warner at the end of 2025 tbh.

Two years from 2025 is obviously 2027 which happens to be the year before Tasmania is supposed to start. Until the AFL formally advise otherwise it can only be assumed that draft will be heavily compromised. I doubt very much that our 2027 first rounder would be valued by opposition clubs any higher than a second round pick is most years - any pick after that would be more or less useless in terms of trade value.

I can't see them trading their future first except if a top five pick is involved tbh. It could easily be pick one next year and surely they aren't that dumb that they can't recognise that.

WC in 2022 made this trade in order to get better value from that best pick:

Rioli, Pick #2, Pick #40 for Pick #8, Pick #12, 2023 2nd round, 2023 3rd round

They've already made the trade of the future first for pick #8 and #12 just two years ago.

In regards to trading picks two years in advance, I think it'll be pretty much useless for getting Warner at the end of 2025 tbh.

Two years from 2025 is obviously 2027 which happens to be the year before Tasmania is supposed to start. Until the AFL formally advise otherwise it can only be assumed that draft will be heavily compromised. I doubt very much that our 2027 first rounder would be valued by opposition clubs any higher than a second round pick is most years - any pick after that would be more or less useless in terms of trade value.

Fantastic point.

2011 when GWS entered the draft Sydney finished the season 6th. Should have had pick #12. Ended up with pick #21 to match the Tom Mitchell bid which at the time was the next pick you had to match.

First round, with a single father son, ran into the late 20s.

Lets say Collingwood completely shit the bed and finish 12th (pick 7)We finish top 4 (pick 15), and Port finish 9th (pick 11)

West Coast FF and current 2nd for 7 and 11?

We go to the draft with 15 and two seconds/
2025 WC FF and our second for Warner
We keep our own first.
Pipe Organ Movie GIF by Raven Banner Entertainment

Unfortunately, im reliably informed because all our first will be around pick 30 after bids, all 4 1sts we have access to aren't enough for Bolton who is actually the best player in the AFL
Thats what my mate from Tigerland said!
And that goes for Baker too he said...
also... Warners overrated he said...

You know what’s good for a culture?
A premiership.

Hawks drafted their list build before their dynasty then added guys like Gunston, Lake, McEvoy, Frawley etc.

No one is saying we need to give up a Brayshaw or a Darcy, but we’ve gone to the draft. The list is mostly there, let’s add a key piece
And you know whats good for a threepeat?
Culture, Culture, Culture!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we’re talking hypotheticals here’s mine assuming Warner is off the table this year.
Pies (top 10) + ours (15-18) for Bolton + Richmond 2nd rounder.
Saints + Richmond 2nds to Carlton for their F1 so they can match bids for campo twins.
Keep Ports 1st for drafting best small available (Kako or Berry).
Offer our F2 for either Jones, Collard or Motlop.

If we’re going to death ride someone next year, I want it to be the blues, can’t stomach supporting them whenever they play Pies, Port or saints this year, plus I think they could drop with a harder fixture next year.

If we’re talking hypotheticals here’s mine assuming Warner is off the table this year.
Saints + Richmond 2nds to Carlton for their F1 so they can match bids for campo twins.

If we’re going to death ride someone next year, I want it to be the blues, can’t stomach supporting them whenever they play Pies, Port or saints this year, plus I think they could drop with a harder fixture next year.
Taylor assuming Bolton is on $1m a year, what picks would it take to land Bolton but for Richmond to pay half his salary until 2028?

I Can Dig It GIF by Soul Train

Taylor assuming Bolton is on $1m a year, what picks would it take to land Bolton but for Richmond to pay half his salary until 2028?
That would probably be the third first.

I see it as:
Bolton - Pick inside top 10
Contracted - Teens Pick
Richmond pay salary - additional teens pick.

We'd get some good seconds back though

That would probably be the third first.

I see it as:
Bolton - Pick inside top 10
Contracted - Teens Pick
Richmond pay salary - additional teens pick.

We'd get some good seconds back though
If we get a deal done like that where Richmond pay half of Bolton's salary, we could afford to pay Warner as well. We would probably need to move on Brodie, Switta, Fyfe and Walters by 2025 to accommodate this though.

If we get a deal done like that where Richmond pay half of Bolton's salary, we could afford to pay Warner as well. We would probably need to move on Brodie, Switta, Fyfe and Walters by 2025 to accommodate this though.
well, 3x of those likely.
1x this year, the other 2 heading for retirement.

I get your sentiment, but let's say Geelong finish about 5th, and hold pick 14. The want Bailey Smith, but that won't do it. We have a pick 8 this year, which will get it done for them, and Warner and Bolton are off the table.

Would you send them pick 8 for the future first and pick 14? I would. You'd expect it to be 2x pick 14's, but it could be much, much better.
Geelong add Bailey Smith and you expect them to decline?

Please explain.

Geelong add Bailey Smith and you expect them to decline?

Please explain.
He's a direct replacement for Danger.
Everyone else is a year older, and they're being carried by the older brigade.

Basically I don't expect them to get better.

Back