Votes: 183 66.3%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 22 8.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a direct replacement for Danger.
Everyone else is a year older, and they're being carried by the older brigade.

Basically I don't expect them to get better.
How is he a direct replacement for Danger? Completely different players...

Having a hard time believing Bolton's girl who is Victorian right? With a young child want's to pick up and move to WA away from her family. Brad Hill's girl didn't even have kids and she didn't last long here before wanting to go back. Risky to throw away a bunch of assets for a guy who might only be here for a season or two before wanting to go back.

Also worries me when guys with off field issues want to come back to WA and be around all their old mates. We know how this goes.

He's a direct replacement for Danger.
Everyone else is a year older, and they're being carried by the older brigade.

Basically I don't expect them to get better.
They finished 12th last year sitting 5th today.

Dangerfield has played 7 games this year. That is, he is less relevant to them than Fyfe is to us.

How is he a direct replacement for Danger? Completely different players...
Wants to play inside. Burst from stoppage mid (like danger at his best).

Not necessarily a direct replacement, things will need to shuffle. Just don't see him making that much difference.

Team, just an opinion, it's not that deep.

The crux was more around, if they rise, it's not that big a difference between pick 14 & pick 18. But if they fall could get good value out of a swap.

And was only there as an example of the sort of team we should be looking at, a finals contender that may provide future value.

Well if we’re throwing out favourable non realistic trades then sure.

I meant not chasing a ‘guaranteed’ top 3 pick for next year.

If we’re moving picks. Target a top 4 team from this year. Play on their thinking their future 1st value is low and hope. So, similar to what we did to get this year’s firsts. We must protect our downside.

IF Warner wants to come next year I don’t understand this belief we MUST find extra capital to satisfy. We’ll have our first and still a future first and he’s OOC. Those deals always get done.

But, yes, move a pick into next year but don’t chase someone’s perceived top 5 pick.
Couldn't agree more. If Sydney trade him this year they can get 3 firsts. If they wait til next year they just have to take what we have.

If we’re talking hypotheticals here’s mine assuming Warner is off the table this year.
Pies (top 10) + ours (15-18) for Bolton + Richmond 2nd rounder.
Saints + Richmond 2nds to Carlton for their F1 so they can match bids for campo twins.
Keep Ports 1st for drafting best small available (Kako or Berry).
Offer our F2 for either Jones, Collard or Motlop.

If we’re going to death ride someone next year, I want it to be the blues, can’t stomach supporting them whenever they play Pies, Port or saints this year, plus I think they could drop with a harder fixture next year.
or essendon

Pick #22, #25 and our F2 for Carlton's F1 and Motlop off your suggestion just a touch further down?
To get Bolton & Motlop this year and still have a 1st round pick this year and Blues 1st next year to offer Sydney on top of our own for Warner, I’d do that, We don’t really care where the blues 1st ends up as we’re giving it to Sydney anyway. It just takes our 2027 1st off the table.

Lets say Collingwood completely shit the bed and finish 12th (pick 7)We finish top 4 (pick 15), and Port finish 9th (pick 11)

West Coast FF and current 2nd for 7 and 11?

We go to the draft with 15 and two seconds/
2025 WC FF and our second for Warner
We keep our own first.
That is a terrible trade. Maybe 7 and 15 but it's still pretty crap imo.

In regards to trading picks two years in advance, I think it'll be pretty much useless for getting Warner at the end of 2025 tbh.

Two years from 2025 is obviously 2027 which happens to be the year before Tasmania is supposed to start. Until the AFL formally advise otherwise it can only be assumed that draft will be heavily compromised. I doubt very much that our 2027 first rounder would be valued by opposition clubs any higher than a second round pick is most years - any pick after that would be more or less useless in terms of trade value.
If we don't have any other picks and Chad is out of contract then the futures 1sts will be fine because they're all we have

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WC in 2022 made this trade in order to get better value from that best pick:

Rioli, Pick #2, Pick #40 for Pick #8, Pick #12, 2023 2nd round, 2023 3rd round

They've already made the trade of the future first for pick #8 and #12 just two years ago.
The eagles surely have learnt their lesson

They could be building around reid and sheezel

Sheezel has not got the credit he deserves around the AFL yet, what this kid is doing is ****en special, it's daicos areas without the praise

Well I'm reasonably sure Hasina's family lives in Perth and she frequented Perth nightclubs when she was younger, so make of that what you will....

So a young homesick mum…..

Xavier was very confident that Rhino is certain the Bolton camp approached Fremantle.

I have no doubt will get done on compassionate grounds for Collingwoods pick and st Kildas.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

WC in 2022 made this trade in order to get better value from that best pick:

Rioli, Pick #2, Pick #40 for Pick #8, Pick #12, 2023 2nd round, 2023 3rd round

They've already made the trade of the future first for pick #8 and #12 just two years ago.
Pretty sure it was pick two that year they traded not a future first.

When you're expecting to make finals trading a future pick is risky enough - when you've just finished bottom four it's borderline stupidity.

Couldn't agree more. If Sydney trade him this year they can get 3 firsts. If they wait til next year they just have to take what we have.

It will still probably be 2 x first rounders next year, so the deal Sydney are essentially coming to terms with is -

1 x first round pick OR a year of Chad (and also depriving a rival contender of Chad)

If I was in Sydney’s shoes, I’d still probably go with the Chad, but it’s almost a 50/50 decision

If we don't have any other picks and Chad is out of contract then the futures 1sts will be fine because they're all we have
We'd likely still have our 2025 first rounder and 2026 first rounder to play with. The 2027 pick will be a long way from all we have and wouldn't be a significant part of any trade for a gun player - it'd be the final sweetener that gets the trade over the line at best.

Last edited:
It will still probably be 2 x first rounders next year, so the deal Sydney are essentially coming to terms with is -

1 x first round pick OR a year of Chad (and also depriving a rival contender of Chad)

If I was in Sydney’s shoes, I’d still probably go with the Chad, but it’s almost a 50/50 decision
But this year we’re a chance to have a couple of early-mid firsts. Next year they’re more likely to be late

Well I'm reasonably sure Hasina's family lives in Perth and she frequented Perth nightclubs when she was younger, so make of that what you will....
I know nothing about her but if she has people over here it makes a bit more sense. Why does everyone keep saying she's from VIC?

Sydney won't care if they get less (even much less) at the end of next year. They'd rather have a better shot at winning the 2025 flag (whether they win it this year or not).

To get the Chad this year, it would require Sydney having some other marquee target lined up that they can replace him with next year and wouldn't be able to get without the Warner picks and/or salary. I'm not sure such a player is out there. Zurharr doesn't count. It would have to be someone much better.

I also think the AFL will do whatever it takes to stop one of their favoured teams from losing a marquee player of the competition to a team the AFL head honchos consider irrelevant. They want the likes of Sydney, Carlton or Essendon winning flags. Not us.

Warner would be coming back partly for family reasons. Does he want to leave his little brother behind in Sydney? They are grown men, so it sounds silly, but it's one more reason for him to stay there another year. It's a complicating factor ... will Corey get delisted next year? Do Sydney try to keep Chad by extending Corey? Do we try to get both of them?

Quite a few obstacles stopping this happening in 2024.

Pretty sure it was pick two that year they traded not a future first.

When you're expecting to make finals trading a future pick is risky enough - when you've just finished bottom four it's borderline stupidity.

There's only one pick worse than the pick #2 they've already traded for a top ten pick and another top fifteen pick.

Sydney won't care if they get less (even much less) at the end of next year. They'd rather have a better shot at winning the 2025 flag (whether they win it this year or not).

To get the Chad this year, it would require Sydney having some other marquee target lined up that they can replace him with next year and wouldn't be able to get without the Warner picks and/or salary. I'm not sure such a player is out there. Zurharr doesn't count. It would have to be someone much better.

I also think the AFL will do whatever it takes to stop one of their favoured teams from losing a marquee player of the competition to a team the AFL head honchos consider irrelevant. They want the likes of Sydney, Carlton or Essendon winning flags. Not us.

Warner would be coming back partly for family reasons. Does he want to leave his little brother behind in Sydney? They are grown men, so it sounds silly, but it's one more reason for him to stay there another year. It's a complicating factor ... will Corey get delisted next year? Do Sydney try to keep Chad by extending Corey? Do we try to get both of them?

Quite a few obstacles stopping this happening in 2024.
I reckon if they win the flag we are some chance. Otherwise I agree we are pretty much no chance*.

* Assuming Chad is definitely leaving at some point, can imagine a scenario where they can get a quality player as a replacement this year who won't be available next year. Reckon that is the only other scenario in play.

We'd likely still have our 2025 first rounder and 2026 first rounder to play with. The 2027 pick will be a long way from all we have and wouldn't be a significant part of any trade for a gun player - it'd be the final sweetener that gets the trade over the line at best.
I think you're agreeing with me

There's enough there with futures that we don't have to trade one of this year's forward

I think you're agreeing with me

There's enough there with futures that we don't have to trade one of this year's forward

Yea probably - people forget the picks that are normally thrown in going the other way when discussing trades of two first rounders.

Two first rounders and a second rounder with nothing coming back is arguably more than we traded for Luke Jackson at the time - at the time I assume both teams thought the first rounders weren’t in the top ten.

Back