• Chad Warner

Votes: 195 58.9%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 65 19.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Teams just shouldn't get freebies. Having access to NGA and northern academies is fine if they pay fair value. But being able to trade away high picks into the future and still get 4 top 30 players like GC did last year is a joke.
They are expected to change that as well. Lower picks will now have no value. And there may be other tweaks.

Not o

Taj Hotton​

Sandringham.jpg
SANDRINGHAM DRAGONS| FORWARD-MIDFIELDER
Height:182cm
D.O.B:17-06-2006
THE GREAT UNKNOWN
Hotton’s place in the rankings is largely out of his hands given he will take no further part in the season after suffering an ACL tear. The dynamic midfielder-forward made a magnificent start to the year, producing games like his 32-disposal, 10-mark and four-goal effort against Oakleigh in Round 2, along with a scintillating display for the National Academy as a top-up player. After injuring himself at training, those performances will be the measure of his talent. Hotton is ultra athletic, offering terrific agility and spring in his leap to compliment his ability to rack up possessions and hit the scoreboard. He’ll be well guided off-field as the son of former Blue and Pie, Trent, and brother of St Kilda’s Olli.
JUNE RANKING: #9
LAST MONTH:
Hotton will be out of action for the remainder of the year after his ACL tear but is still very much in the minds of recruiters as a genuine top 10 prospect.
VIEW PROFILE
nly Berry

• VIEW PROFILE
  • #22​

Tobie Travaglia​

BENDIGO PIONEERS| MIDFIELDER-DEFENDER
    Height:187cm
    D.O.B:26-10-2006
    GUTSY UTILITY
    Travaglia has all the makings of a promising draft prospect, and has pushed himself into first round considerations. Having plied his trade on the wing as a bottom-ager, he has thrived with a move to defence this season to average 25 disposals, five marks and five tackles in his eight Coates Talent League games. Travaglia’s versatility is boundless, having also spent time in midfield with a rotation to the forwardline. He featured in defence for Vic Country, showcasing his gutsy intercept marking and aerial range to go with a high work rate and terrific turn of speed on the rebound. At 187cm with dynamism and the ability to play several roles, Travaglia is one to keep an eye on.
    JUNE RANKING: #22
    LAST MONTH:
    While it ended on a sour note, Travaglia’s representative campaign was nothing short of outstanding. The Vic Country co-captain provided dash and dare in a variety of roles, and bookended his carnival strongly. The utility was prolific in games one (24 disposals, seven marks) and four (25 disposals, nine marks), and is perhaps slightly unlucky not to feature higher on this list given his array of traits.

• VIEW PROFILE
  • #22​

Tobie Travaglia​

BENDIGO PIONEERS| MIDFIELDER-DEFENDER
    Height:187cm
    D.O.B:26-10-2006
    GUTSY UTILITY
    Travaglia has all the makings of a promising draft prospect, and has pushed himself into first round considerations. Having plied his trade on the wing as a bottom-ager, he has thrived with a move to defence this season to average 25 disposals, five marks and five tackles in his eight Coates Talent League games. Travaglia’s versatility is boundless, having also spent time in midfield with a rotation to the forwardline. He featured in defence for Vic Country, showcasing his gutsy intercept marking and aerial range to go with a high work rate and terrific turn of speed on the rebound. At 187cm with dynamism and the ability to play several roles, Travaglia is one to keep an eye on.
    JUNE RANKING: #22
    LAST MONTH:
    While it ended on a sour note, Travaglia’s representative campaign was nothing short of outstanding. The Vic Country co-captain provided dash and dare in a variety of roles, and bookended his carnival strongly. The utility was prolific in games one (24 disposals, seven marks) and four (25 disposals, nine marks), and is perhaps slightly unlucky not to feature higher on this list given his array of traits.
Vic country Co Captain, you just know Walls will be all over him!

Not sold freo will go a small forward, they drafted 2 last year. Simpson & Delean
Simpson is a mid we are playing forward, Delean is still miles off it as a speculative pick in the 60’s, room for 1 more small forward you’d think, I just hope we make Essendon pay for Kako by bidding on him before their pick.

**** Champion is an Eagles NGA so we can't land him ffs. I'm really happy with Draper and Walker, but I feel like the Eagle's NGA have been elite at identifying developing talent over the past few years. They've just lost them all to Vic clubs.
They didn't identify Humphries.

**** Champion is an Eagles NGA so we can't land him ffs. I'm really happy with Draper and Walker, but I feel like the Eagle's NGA have been elite at identifying developing talent over the past few years. They've just lost them all to Vic clubs.
He has a horrible attitude when things don’t go his way he sooks hard and doesn’t respect coaches when they give him feedback. Hes one I’m happy to miss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sold freo will go a small forward, they drafted 2 last year. Simpson & Delean

Would be worried if I were Emmett, out of contract and potentially looking at first round draft picked small forwards coming into the squad.

First round draft picks tend to walk into the spot of the existing effort players

They didn't identify Humphries.
No club picked Humphries in his draft year of 2021 as he wasn’t considered professional enough.
He apparently stopped taking footy seriously for a season after that and wasn’t really trying too hard, then came back last year to WAFL level and knuckled down.
They were talking about it on HBG podcast yesterday. Apparently If he’d been drafted by eagles in 2021 he probably would be delisted by now as he wasn’t ready.

The place the eagles missed him was at the back end of last years draft. Then again, so did every other club apart from the cats. We could have taken him at 40 or 59 instead of murphy or Delean as an example. Would have been nice to have a young local indigenous Kid with his skills on the team.

No club picked Humphries in his draft year of 2021 as he wasn’t considered professional enough.
He apparently stopped taking footy seriously for a season after that and wasn’t really trying too hard, then came back last year to WAFL level and knuckled down.
They were talking about it on HBG podcast yesterday. Apparently If he’d been drafted by eagles in 2021 he probably would be delisted by now as he wasn’t ready.

The place the eagles missed him was at the back end of last years draft. Then again, so did every other club apart from the cats. We could have taken him at 40 or 59 instead of murphy or Delean as an example. Would have been nice to have a young local indigenous Kid with his skills on the team.
Also may have been good for him to get out of the state.

Eagles still get extra flak because they should have surely been tracking him though...

How did Whan end up in our NGA?

There is a Flying Boomerangs (Aboriginal and TSI) v World Team match, and he has played for the World Team. Meaning he has a parent born overseas. Whan is a Scottish name according to Google. But no idea where his parents were born. My surname is German and you have to go back to 1850 to find someone born in Germany in the family tree.

There is a Flying Boomerangs (Aboriginal and TSI) v World Team match, and he has played for the World Team. Meaning he has a parent born overseas. Whan is a Scottish name according to Google. But no idea where his parents were born. My surname is German and you have to go back to 1850 to find someone born in Germany in the family tree.
I'll ask SFFC on the weekend.

Good ol WAFL website, I went from "jeez, must be a lotta growth to get to top 20" to "holy shit, 6 goals a game" to "stupid WAFL" very quickly

View attachment 2050373
Ah fantastic, another Roleystone lad. Following on from myself, Josh Head, and Daniel Gilmore!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back