Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

People still looking for Sturt to be gritty. That’s not him and we already have a fair bit of that. We just need him to do his thing.

He’s added defensive elements and can kick a goal.

Emmett who I like will never be able to kick goals like Sturt. Different players, but if it’s between the 2 Sturt has him covered for what we need.

I don’t think you can repeatedly say that this is our best forward line and it’s performing better than it has in ages and then get rid of a guy who’s adding two goals a game to it. Had the strapping off his knee today which I’m hoping was the reason he was poor the past two weeks. Aside from those games it’s been 3,2,3,3 goals.

Plenty to work on for him but right now I’m firmly in the mindset of don’t **** with what’s working.

Yeah I thought Sturt did some good things up the ground today, and was generally more present throughout the game - whereas he’s had a tendancy to go completely AWOL in his poorer games.

Still only 26 games to his name. The moments where he looks a bit out of touch with the level / lacking in composure are not unusual for someone with that level of experience, and should be ironed out soon. The problem is the poor bloke should be closer to 100 games at this point, but there’s a lot of bad luck, injuries and lack of continuity in there

Sturt works really high up the ground nowadays and has the speed, good skills and kicking depth to be damaging on the way back. He was in pretty much the defensive goal square on more than 1 occassion today
Some of his handballs on the halfback line were elite. Especially the one to Fyfe to set up a chain down the ground. He does more than some people give him credit for on here

If we add Warner to Young, Brayshaw, Serong , Darcy and Jackson with Johnson as an extra…

We’re seriously in Cox, Judd, Cousins and Kerr, Fletcher territory.

Come at me Eagles fans 😂

Don’t think we have two players who will end up in jail or worse, dancing with the stars.

Don’t forget Flatline Fletcher’s efforts in Vegas.

They really were out of control. We keep hearing about what a well oiled machine the WC juggernaut was.

If they hadn’t been gifted the best WA under-18s side of all time and then bumbledicked their way to a two-flag priority pick, they really would be a complete shambles.

Oh wait.

If we add Warner to Young, Brayshaw, Serong , Darcy and Jackson with Johnson as an extra…

Come at me Eagles fans 😂
I think they have the potential, but none of them have yet touched a Judd or Cousins level.
But the midfield is certainly cooking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure Sturt gets alot of credit for his singular plays on here than others would
Not sure about that. His defensive side is just as good as Freddie and Banfield and probably Walters and yet is still singled out as the one who is weak defensively. Plus he is a regular goal kicker, when fit, and does a lot of good (and sometimes bad) stuff up the ground to assist in scoring chains. Not sure Banfield or Freddie are ever required to play on kpd's either.

Come at me Eagles fans 😂
You're comparing our midfield to one flag wonders who got over the line with luck and drugs. We will be better than them and write our own story.

How would we feel about trading up for the Eagles' pick 3?

If Liam Baker decides on the Eagles, they're going to need a late first to get the deal done. As things stand we have picks 6, 12 and 15. Would 6 and 15 for 3 be a fair trade? I can't imagine the Eagles would fight too hard to improve the compensation for Richmond.

There's a clear top 3 in the open draft this year. I'm enamored with Jagga Smith, but you can't really go wrong with Smillie or O'Sullivan either. We are short on list spots and salary cap, not depth of talent. It might make sense to consolidate assets to bring in another genuine A grader.

How would we feel about trading up for the Eagles' pick 3?

If Liam Baker decides on the Eagles, they're going to need a late first to get the deal done. As things stand we have picks 6, 12 and 15. Would 6 and 15 for 3 be a fair trade? I can't imagine the Eagles would fight too hard to improve the compensation for Richmond.

There's a clear top 3 in the open draft this year. I'm enamored with Jagga Smith, but you can't really go wrong with Smillie or O'Sullivan either. We are short on list spots and salary cap, not depth of talent. It might make sense to consolidate assets to bring in another genuine A grader.
Is there a clear top 3? Draft boards are all over the place. I'd trust Walls but feels like the value in this draft is what we have. Gold Coast I think look to move up then we'll have every club banging down the door with deals to get what we have

Last edited:
You would think Eagles would be a bit traumatised from last time they split pick 2 and picked up Ginbey and Hewett. If I was them, I'd probably just take the best available at pick 3.

It really depends what Walls has up his sleeve as to whether we'd do it. My feeling is we have more flexibility keeping the picks, but who knows.

6 + 15 for 3 is at least a little fair, but I think you'd want their second back in this more even draft, especially if it's only 3 spots. I'm quite sick of seeing people have the opinion we should trade 6 + 12 + 15 for 3 and how it benefits both clubs.. Absolute madness that trade.

If we did trade up it would be for Lalor or FOS imo, don't see Jagga or Smilie as good options for us

6 + 15 for 3 is at least a little fair, but I think you'd want their second back in this more even draft, especially if it's only 3 spots. I'm quite sick of seeing people have the opinion we should trade 6 + 12 + 15 for 3 and how it benefits both clubs.. Absolute madness that trade.

If we did trade up it would be for Lalor or FOS imo, don't see Jagga or Smilie as good options for us
100% The price is what the market dictates and I see no reason for us to need to move up but I do see every bottom 5 club supporter trying to think of ways to get multiple picks. It should cost a Kings ransom to get what we have and that to me involves a future first.

Not necessarily just for Warner but points for Whan (who looks pretty damn good from what I've seen) and Hart

You would think Eagles would be a bit traumatised from last time they split pick 2 and picked up Ginbey and Hewett. If I was them, I'd probably just take the best available at pick 3.

It really depends what Walls has up his sleeve as to whether we'd do it. My feeling is we have more flexibility keeping the picks, but who knows.
Missing Sheezel is a massive sliding doors moment

It's one of the biggest blunders in trade history tbh

I've heard some eagles fans say "flight risk, we had to make the trade" which is a load of shit when you realise they took Harley reid the very next year

People aren't giving Sheezel the credit he deserves, what he's doing at 19 in a bottom 3 team is nothing short of incredible.

100% The price is what the market dictates and I see no reason for us to need to move up but I do see every bottom 5 club supporter trying to think of ways to get multiple picks. It should cost a Kings ransom to get what we have and that to me involves a future first.

Not necessarily just for Warner but points for Whan (who looks pretty damn good from what I've seen) and Hart
I don't think we'd get what's needed for us to make the trade tbh.

What we could consider it's West Coast's second rounders (both this year's and next) for our first rounder. It's basically what we did with Port last year but the value of the first rounder is fixed. Short of West Coast rising up the ladder which would be beyond a miracle imo we can't lose that trade. The second rounder would still be valuable points but wouldn't help us out as much in a potential Warner trade.

I don't think we'd get what's needed for us to make the trade tbh.

What we could consider it's West Coast's second rounders (both this year's and next) for our first rounder. It's basically what we did with Port last year but the value of the first rounder is fixed. Short of West Coast rising up the ladder which would be beyond a miracle imo we can't lose that trade. The second rounder would still be valuable points but wouldn't help us out as much in a potential Warner trade.
I think we could. Cal has already spoken about teams wanting to trade their future 1st to get into this years draft.

Draft boards could be wildly different this year. Eg someone could have a player like Sid Draper at 1. If hes there at 6 when we are on the clock I could see a club desparate enough to move up a handful of spots and trade their F1 for our F2. Especially if multiple clubs want the pick

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back