• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy this one didn't progress

Maybe if there was a way to get the Erasmus pick up but it would've been the Amiss pick to get us high enough

We didn't want to trade out the Johnson pick as it had the start of 2nd bargaining power

If we somehow could’ve moved up the Erasmus pick to get Callaghan and kept access to Amiss and Johnson I would’ve be ecstatic with our draft haul tbh.

Callaghan is an absolute gun but isn’t worth the cost of Amiss. 50/50 on who’ll be better out of him and Johnson but given we got an extra player out of I’m pretty happy to have Johnson.

If we somehow could’ve moved up the Erasmus pick to get Callaghan and kept access to Amiss and Johnson I would’ve be ecstatic with our draft haul tbh.

Callaghan is an absolute gun but isn’t worth the cost of Amiss. 50/50 on who’ll be better out of him and Johnson but given we got an extra player out of I’m pretty happy to have Johnson.
Yeah doubt we could've even got the Erasmus pick up with Johnson's pick tbh

If we used our future pick then no idea how we get Jackson, would've been a good year to trade out the future for once though (as we returned to finals in 22)

We might not have even had access to trading F1 anyway, can't be bothered checking which futures where flicked around for Clark, acres trades etc

I'm not going to write off Ras because he is young but at this stage I don't rate him at all. Just a very bland player with no weapons. I would trade him because he might thrive in another environment.
That’s true, I’m not saying he won’t leave I’m saying that if he stays I believe the team will use him for like a Fyfe replacement.

Yeah doubt we could've even got the Erasmus pick up with Johnson's pick tbh

If we used our future pick then no idea how we get Jackson, would've been a good year to trade out the future for once though (as we returned to finals in 22)

We might not have even had access to trading F1 anyway, can't be bothered checking which futures where flicked around for Clark, acres trades etc

Agree entirely btw - just pointing out Callaghan is a bloody good prospect in his own right.

The top ten of that draft looks amazing so far btw along with a few absolute jets taken outside pick 20. How the **** did West Coast select Chesser?

What was perhaps possible between Freo and GWS was a swap of future firsts, which would’ve been a disaster for them in hindsight but probably would’ve looked okay at the time.

When is the season going to **** off so we can get to trade week?

Top 4, top 2 bla bla bla. I want to hear about our play for Chad and Bolton and things coming on steady, hot and strong.

I hope I’m a position where I don’t give a **** about it at all.

I’m basically obsessed with Freo’s list management but if we somehow won the flag I might just care far less.

Although winning the flag and bringing in Warner and Bolton with first rounders gifted to us by lopsided trades would be hilarious - might actually need to venture to West Coast board if that happened.

I’m basically obsessed with Freo’s list management but if we somehow won the flag I might just care far less.

Although winning the flag and bringing in Warner and Bolton with first rounders gifted to us by lopsided trades would be hilarious - might actually need to venture to West Coast board if that happened.
I mean, it's literally all down hill from there right? Supporting a footy team could literally not get any better then having your team win its first flag after 30 years AND taking 2 high picks to trade week following massive trade wins from the year before.

I mean, it's literally all down hill from there right? Supporting a footy team could literally not get any better then having your team win its first flag after 30 years AND taking 2 high picks to trade week following massive trade wins from the year before.

Lololol.

Can you imagine…

The cup in the avatar, taking 6,10 18 and 23 the draft?

Must be what Sydney feels like with academy kids and a few cups

That would be one massive hard on -
Win the GF, blow me beans…
End up with picks 5, 7 and 18 - trade in ‘The Chad’ and Bolton - oooh my nuts - I’ll need a ‘bolt on’. Pfffttt… I have become flaccid from over stimulation 🥜🍆

Lololol.

Can you imagine…

The cup in the avatar, taking 6,10 18 and 23 the draft?

Must be what Sydney feels like with academy kids and a few cups
For Freo, one of the greatest trade periods of all time, for Northern clubs, it was a Tuesday...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my hypothetical trade was not them trading both

we trade:
pick 6
Future 2nd

we receive:
pick 10-12
Future 1st

Or just for shits & gigs we trade our F1 knowing it’ll be 18 to GC for this years pick and take 6,7,12&15 into a super deep draft.
We couldn’t miss !

If we add Warner to Young, Brayshaw, Serong , Darcy and Jackson with Johnson as an extra…

We’re seriously in Cox, Judd, Cousins and Kerr, Fletcher territory.

Come at me Eagles fans

I would add Embley and Chick to make 7 on 7

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The top ten of that draft looks amazing so far btw along with a few absolute jets taken outside pick 20. How the **** did West Coast select Chesser?
i genuinely think you'd rather anyone else taken in the 10 picks after except butler. given the circumstances of 2021 as well and what was coming up, really just made no sense for them to not get johnson or jvr etc

i genuinely think you'd rather anyone else taken in the 10 picks after except butler. given the circumstances of 2021 as well and what was coming up, really just made no sense for them to not get johnson or jvr etc

It’s not even close for any of them.

Give Butler time too - he’s still on Hawthorn’s list I’m pretty sure.

It’s not even close for any of them.

Give Butler time too - he’s still on Hawthorn’s list I’m pretty sure.
we're now having this chat over two threads, but 1000%. thanks to covid and injury he got drafted on his under 16 work really and missing 2020, most of 2021 and 2022 is not good. almost at the point he needs a new home if anyone wants a reclamation project

Sturt is worth persevering with easily. Slotted that first goal from outside 50m. Need that sort of stuff. Just needs continuity, but he does have so much more potential.
Exactly. Not all just about pressure in the forward line. Need guys who just kick goals and Sturt does that. Again he is another young player who is inexperienced at the level. Just needs time and continuity.

In general when this whole thing clicks and comes together this team will be dominant. We see glimpses and bursts of what they are capable of and it's great to watch. This squad has dynasty potential once they start regularly putting it on show for 4 quarters every week.

Have said this before but midfield depth is going to be Fremantle’s issue soon.
Will Erasmus be happy to wait?
Brodie almost certainly looking at another trade.

Fyfe has one more year after this
Can see Chapman creeping up into the midfield.
Should play very well.
Simpson, Brodie and Ras will get a chance too.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back