Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I call BS on not chasing McDonald. We probably didn’t fully commit past April once Treacy was looking the goods but I doubt we weren’t chasing him.

The point is if Warner doesn’t come we’re probably going to the draft anyway just a year later. The extra year of development possible by selecting said player a year earlier could be the difference between a premiership in 2026/2027 and falling sub-20 points short like we did in 2013.

If Warner wants to play for us in 2026 we’ll find a way to find the capital with or without trading first rounders into the future. You find a way to get those players into the club but you don’t put all the eggs in one basket so you’ve ****ed up when it doesn’t happen.
The idea of moving first rounders into next year for Warner blows my mind. Warner is out of contract and if he chooses us Sydney HAVE TO TAKE WHAT WE HAVE. The more we have the more they'll want. So this is the year to draft a couple of top end talents and get them developing not in 12 months time. Our 2025 and 2026 1sts get it done for Chad.

Wasn't yelling at you with the caps 🤣. Just yelling in general out of frustration at some saying we need to waste these picks by gifting them to Sydney next year.

The idea of moving first rounders into next year for Warner blows my mind. Warner is out of contract and if he chooses us Sydney HAVE TO TAKE WHAT WE HAVE. The more we have the more they'll want. So this is the year to draft a couple of top end talents and get them developing not in 12 months time. Our 2025 and 2026 1sts get it done for Chad.

Wasn't yelling at you with the caps 🤣. Just yelling in general out of frustration at some saying we need to waste these picks by gifting them to Sydney next year.
Moving one, Collingwood style for the right price will help immensely. It would keep the Swans honest and hold WC at bay. Pick 6 would get it done by itself as WC wouldn’t offer anything better & he could go to the draft and we use it on him.

If all we have is pick 18 & our F1 then Swans might be desperate to deal with WC if they are dumb enough to break up pick 1 for him.

Swans will not want him to go to us from a competitive point of view and might even prefer WC getting him in the psd depending how the next few seasons pan out. Having currency is easy from our current position unless we spend all of it.

Moving one, Collingwood style for the right price will help immensely. It would keep the Swans honest and hold WC at bay. Pick 6 would get it done by itself as WC wouldn’t offer anything better & he could go to the draft and we use it on him.

If all we have is pick 18 & our F1 then Swans might be desperate to deal with WC if they are dumb enough to break up pick 1 for him.

Swans will not want him to go to us from a competitive point of view and might even prefer WC getting him in the psd depending how the next few seasons pan out. Having currency is easy from our current position unless we spend all of it.
Players in our league basically have No Trade Clauses. It's not like other sports where the team can trade them anywhere at any time. AFL players hold all the power they have to agree to go to the team before anything happens. If Chad chooses Freo then he gets to Freo. Simple as that. Sydney won't leave two 1sts on the table and let him walk to the PSD for and get nothing.

Pushing a pick into next year just means Sydney will want all 3 instead of the 2 with a second coming back our way.

There’s a bit of excitement with all things Freo!

The Chad - I’m with others. No point moving firsts unless we strike a deal on our favour.

Hypothetical 6, 12, 15 - sure we could trade 6 for a hypothetical late first and future first.

Unsure we need or want more picks.

We could even trade with Swans as a hedge/ gesture. Here, we’ll trade pick 6 for your first and future first BUT IF Chad does leave you’re getting your first back + a second rounder.

Anyway, we have so much leverage in whatever we want to do.

If someone had told me last year our first would end up being 6,12 and 15 I’d have seriously just thought we had a poor year. Pies drop has been sublime!
Hope Port follow!

I reckon it’s to much.. we give them 6, 18 (as we are winning the flag) and a Future second rounder or a second rounder this year…

Still sounds to much maybe other first rounder instead of 6?
Tigers fans saying it's not enough in the comments 🤣. It feels like too much for mine.

Regarding Knobel:

I'm not a big fan of us drafting and developing ruckmen then losing them for small change. With our 2 ruck structure, and both likely to have some unavailability, far better for us to have an AFL capable ruck on the list.

I would like us to give Knobel for 4 years. If we trade him in that time we need a decent trade. At his stage of development getting 6-10 games covering for injuries should work.

Regarding Knobel:

I'm not a big fan of us drafting and developing ruckmen then losing them for small change. With our 2 ruck structure, and both likely to have some unavailability, far better for us to have an AFL capable ruck on the list.

I would like us to give Knobel for 4 years. If we trade him in that time we need a decent trade. At his stage of development getting 6-10 games covering for injuries should work.
Is Knobel any good? He seems to be in the magical land of living off his draft hype while not playing league for a direct comparison.

I would keep both rucks for another 1-2 years as depth. Reidy more important than Knobel considering he is better.

Is Knobel any good? He seems to be in the magical land of living off his draft hype while not playing league for a direct comparison.

I would keep both rucks for another 1-2 years as depth. Reidy more important than Knobel considering he is better.

He’s an excellent ruck. Bit slow, and needs to build a tank.

However I’d love him to play next year when one of the rucks, particularly Darcy, is injured so we don’t lose forward structure

However I’d love him to play next year when one of the rucks, particularly Darcy, is injured so we don’t lose forward structure
From what I've seen of him in the preseasons he appeared to be very mobile. More of an athletic ruck with some good kicking skills. Still green.

Reidy's more a bulldozer type, but older and so further along in his development.

Meek barely played WAFL in his first two years on the list. We drafted him as a 19 year old as well.

That’s what too many of one type of player on the list does yet some geniuses want us to have twice as many KPDs as any other list in the competition, on top of the most rucks.

At least with the ruck they’re the first player to touch the ball once the umpire bounces the ball. It isn’t nearly as bad as any other type of player playing WAFL reserves IMO.

From what I've seen of him in the preseasons he appeared to be very mobile. More of an athletic ruck with some good kicking skills. Still green.

Reidy's more a bulldozer type, but older and so further along in his development.

He’s slow…like slower than Goldstein, but in the same vein.

He’s huge though, so he’s going to win a lot of taps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meek barely played WAFL in his first two years on the list. We drafted him as a 19 year old as well.

That’s what too many of one type of player on the list does yet some geniuses want us to have twice as many KPDs as any other list in the competition, on top of the most rucks.

At least with the ruck they’re the first player to touch the ball once the umpire bounces the ball. It isn’t nearly as bad as any other type of player playing WAFL reserves IMO.

Reidy should be traded out. We know Knobel is going to be good enough.

If anything, in 2025 draft I’d grab another ruck, after Reidy goes, looking more for that Jackson type, more mobile, less stand and deliver

He’s huge, slow, can take a contested grab and has a 55m kicking range. Sean Darcy isn’t fast. There’s massive scope for Knobel. I think he’s at the point of surpassing Reidy right now. I think we delist Reidy and sign Knobel to 2-3 years. He looks 1-2 years away from being AFL ready.

Maybe he's slowed in trying bulk up (or just naturally as he fills out). So maybe that's very plausible. But whenever I've seen them compete 1v1, Knobel seemed to be 2-3x more mobile than Reidy.

He’s huge, slow, can take a contested grab and has a 55m kicking range. Sean Darcy isn’t fast. There’s massive scope for Knobel. I think he’s at the point of surpassing Reidy right now. I think we delist Reidy and sign Knobel to 2-3 years. He looks 1-2 years away from being AFL ready.

Don’t delist Reidy…trade him for an upgrade etc.

I want Knobel playing first ruck in the WAFL next year.

Bearing in mind though we did fight hard to keep Meek. It was him who chose to leave and not accept our competitive offer.

Reidy should be traded out. We know Knobel is going to be good enough.

If anything, in 2025 draft I’d grab another ruck, after Reidy goes, looking more for that Jackson type, more mobile, less stand and deliver
Why bother if Reidy will stay though? Maybe play him in the Jackson role at Peel and let Knobel play WAFL too.

If we are challenging for flags, we want to have good depth, not just turn it over for scraps, unless they want out.

Why bother if Reidy will stay though? Maybe play him in the Jackson role at Peel and let Knobel play WAFL too.

If we are challenging for flags, we want to have good depth, not just turn it over for scraps, unless they want out.

Because I think four rucks is too many when all are mature.

Reidy needs to play but won’t with us, that is plain to see. Longmuir refuses to play him.

And Knobel must play lead ruck in the league

Because I think four rucks is too many when all are mature.

Reidy needs to play but won’t with us, that is plain to see. Longmuir refuses to play him.

And Knobel must play lead ruck in the league
Knobel is still 1-2 years off being AFL ready so not quiet mature yet. We lose Reidy and draft a kid, we don’t have backup that is ready to play. This isn’t the time to risk it.

Odin Jones seem surplus to me, I’d lose him instead if we need a list spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back