Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd give all 3 firsts to Richmond if they pay salary.

Then we can still throw the sink at Chad next year and Swans just take what we've got in trade.
I think we will need to use one anyway with the rules, especially if we’re waiting for Chad and going to miss the next 2 drafts afterwards. 2 lowest plus Saints 2nd will work.

I'd be very careful sitting out 5 drafts. That's exactly why Eagles are historically bad.

They sat out of drafts with an old team. We'd be sitting out of drafts with a young team. As long as we hit the draft consistently from 2027 onwards we'd be ok.

I think we will need to use one anyway with the rules, especially if we’re waiting for Chad and going to miss the next 2 drafts afterwards. 2 lowest plus Saints 2nd will work.

Yes, you're probably right. We might need to use on this year or next.

Couple things;
  • if we move value to next year I imagine it's to make sure we have enough value for Whan, Hart AND Warner. That's a lot of currency required if the6 are fixing the points system. Whan looks like a possible top 10 talent from the limited vision I saw.
  • that Twomey trade proposal has both sides upset, tells you it's closeish
  • Pretty sure that 1st round pick rule is all but redundant

Couple things;
  • if we move value to next year I imagine it's to make sure we have enough value for Whan, Hart AND Warner. That's a lot of currency required if the6 are fixing the points system. Whan looks like a possible top 10 talent from the limited vision I saw.
We might not have enough list turnover to use the picks we have unless we trade.

I'm all for trading out of 2024 a bit if we have decent picks we're unable to use. I'd even try and move St Kilda's fourth rounder if we're not going to use it - never know what's happening in 12 months and a 4th rounder might be more handy then.

Whan and Hart should be planned for imo but I think we should be trying to stay in the 2024 draft unless there's an opportunity worth sacrificing two firsts for - Jackson was, Warner is and Bolton probably is.

We might not have enough list turnover to use the picks we have unless we trade.

I'm all for trading out of 2024 a bit if we have decent picks we're unable to use. I'd even try and move St Kilda's fourth rounder if we're not going to use it - never know what's happening in 12 months and a 4th rounder might be more handy then.

Whan and Hart should be planned for imo but I think we should be trying to stay in the 2024 draft unless there's an opportunity worth sacrificing two firsts for - Jackson was, Warner is and Bolton probably is.
I think my ideal off-season is now getting Baker on that 600k talked about by Daniels, passing on Bolton, taking two top picks to the draft and setting up next year with points for the NGA and hopefully Warner.

No way we can fit both Bolton and Warner in so if it is Bolton pushing the trade I'd do a token effort this off-season and go next year if Warner falls through.

The idea of moving first rounders into next year for Warner blows my mind. Warner is out of contract and if he chooses us Sydney HAVE TO TAKE WHAT WE HAVE. The more we have the more they'll want. So this is the year to draft a couple of top end talents and get them developing not in 12 months time. Our 2025 and 2026 1sts get it done for Chad.

Wasn't yelling at you with the caps 🤣. Just yelling in general out of frustration at some saying we need to waste these picks by gifting them to Sydney next year.
We are competing with the Eagles, the team with the better draft hand will definitely be taken into consideration at the trade table.

We are competing with the Eagles, the team with the better draft hand will definitely be taken into consideration at the trade table.

No it won't. Warner either decides Sydney, Freo or WC. Then if it is a trade, the details are worked out with his destination club. Sydney won't be able to make Warner choose the club with the best hand. Nor will Warner care who has the best hand, he will go where he thinks it is best for his career.

I'd rather draft best available with any pick in the top 10 (pick up some more Serong / Young types) and then use anything outside of that as trade currency. Keeps fresh talent coming through and developing, that with our hit rate on talent holds value if they ever choose to leave

In the next few years we shouldn't have any top 10-14 picks available to us short of a good player requesting a trade (touch wood) - so may as well use them while we can to maximise the young talent on deck and keep building the foundations for the long term

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has there been any more rumours regarding Switta leaving ?

I hope he stays but I felt the same way about Shultz..if he wants out there's not much we can do

Switta for Baker?

Sent from my SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
there's been nothing following on from the original rumours. I hope he stays, he looks really settled and he's been playing some great football for the team. But I thought the same of Schultz...Acres etc.

No it won't. Warner either decides Sydney, Freo or WC. Then if it is a trade, the details are worked out with his destination club. Sydney won't be able to make Warner choose the club with the best hand. Nor will Warner care who has the best hand, he will go where he thinks it is best for his career.
Yeah but what if Warner doesn't want to screw over Sydney so he picks the club with the best picks? I suppose you are correct though.

I think my ideal off-season is now getting Baker on that 600k talked about by Daniels, passing on Bolton, taking two top picks to the draft and setting up next year with points for the NGA and hopefully Warner.

No way we can fit both Bolton and Warner in so if it is Bolton pushing the trade I'd do a token effort this off-season and go next year if Warner falls through.
and THIS is how I have felt all along

I am not that keen on Baker, but if we can get him for a reasonable price he works

this is like trying to utilise a Christmas Myer voucher the best way possible

Some wrongly believe I hate Bolton. I loved him years ago and wished we had him. Now his value is way too high, and I don't want to give all of our credits to Richmond.

Yeah but what if Warner doesn't want to screw over Sydney so he picks the club with the best picks? I suppose you are correct though.
I understand the concern mate, but there is no way in the world a competitive beast like Warner selects West Coast over us.

He'll want to go from one winning team to another. I guarantee it.

there's been nothing following on from the original rumours. I hope he stays, he looks really settled and he's been playing some great football for the team. But I thought the same of Schultz...Acres etc.
I really hope Switta stays - there's only been those early whispers, but maybe his bromance with the rest of the team will help him decide to stay.

I feel like Freo might be turning into a destination club, more than it was before. When Clark joined us he said he wanted to join Freo because he could see something growing.

Couple things;

Two bonus top 30 picks nice

Top 30 update 2025

1. Archie Ludowyke - Sand - 195cm
2. Dyson Sharp - Cent Dist - 188cm
3. Oliver Greeves - Eastern - 191cm
4. Fred Rodriguez - Sth Freo - 185cm
5. Blake Kelly - Swan Dist - 182cm
6. Riley Onley - Murray - 194cm
7. Louis Emmett - Oakleigh - 198cm
8. Lachlan Dovaston - Eastern - 176cm
9. Blake Oudshoorn-Bennier - Nth Adel - 182cm
10. Noah Hibbins-Hargreaves - Dand - 185cm
11. Basil Hart - Peel - 185cm
12. Zeke Uwland - Gold Coast A - 177cm
13. Cody Curtin - Clarem - 197cm
14. Daniel Annable - Brisbane A - 183cm
15. Thomas McGuane - Western - 177cm
16. Noah Roberts-Thompson - Sturt - 180cm
17. Jack Dalton - Sand - 177cm
18. Cooper Duff-Tytler - Cald - 199cm
19. Tairon Ah-Mu - Dand - 198cm
20. Willem Duursma - Gipps - 191cm
21. Marcus Cassidy - East Perth - 187cm
22. Xavier Bamert - Sand - 184cm
23. Dylan Patterson - Gold Coast A - 183cm
24. Jadd Hill - Perth - 178cm
25. Jobe Scapin - Gipps - 186cm
26. Sam Grij - Oakleigh - 182cm
27. Toby Whan - Sth Freo - 182cm
28. Zach O'Keefe - Gipps - 177cm
29. Raphael Geesu - Bris A - 175cm
30. Harry Morphett - Geel - 180cm

With out knowing the new point system is hard to tell.

I think we need at least two 2nds next year, and if they do the point system fair and hart stays a top 10 pick we need another first.

Warner for 2 first round picks. 1 is our future.
Hart uses the other, Whan takes our 2nd

Hopefully they sort it out soon

With out knowing the new point system is hard to tell.

I think we need at least two 2nds next year, and if they do the point system fair and hart stays a top 10 pick we need another first.

Warner for 2 first round picks. 1 is our future.
Hart uses the other, Whan takes our 2nd

Hopefully they sort it out soon
Where did you pull those rankings from out of interest? I think Hart has had an average year from all reports but Whan looks incredible (refer futoblista comments from the other day). Probably swap them at the moment but it's the same thing anyway.

Club will have enough forewarning I imagine to plan appropriately. I think if they fix it properly we'll probably need at least a first for one of them to march the bid.

That trade is basically saying Bolton for 6 + 12, and Baker for 15. Both are way too much.

Maybe do the Bolton part if Richmond pay a significant chunk of his salary until his contract runs out (end of 2028).

We shouldn't be giving up more than the Saints 2nd for Baker.
And if Richmond are smart they should be hungry for our picks. Long rebuild ahead and this draft is a great platform before Tassie comes in.

Two bonus top 30 picks nice

Top 30 update 2025

1. Archie Ludowyke - Sand - 195cm
2. Dyson Sharp - Cent Dist - 188cm
3. Oliver Greeves - Eastern - 191cm
4. Fred Rodriguez - Sth Freo - 185cm
5. Blake Kelly - Swan Dist - 182cm
6. Riley Onley - Murray - 194cm
7. Louis Emmett - Oakleigh - 198cm
8. Lachlan Dovaston - Eastern - 176cm
9. Blake Oudshoorn-Bennier - Nth Adel - 182cm
10. Noah Hibbins-Hargreaves - Dand - 185cm
11. Basil Hart - Peel - 185cm
12. Zeke Uwland - Gold Coast A - 177cm
13. Cody Curtin - Clarem - 197cm
14. Daniel Annable - Brisbane A - 183cm
15. Thomas McGuane - Western - 177cm
16. Noah Roberts-Thompson - Sturt - 180cm
17. Jack Dalton - Sand - 177cm
18. Cooper Duff-Tytler - Cald - 199cm
19. Tairon Ah-Mu - Dand - 198cm
20. Willem Duursma - Gipps - 191cm
21. Marcus Cassidy - East Perth - 187cm
22. Xavier Bamert - Sand - 184cm
23. Dylan Patterson - Gold Coast A - 183cm
24. Jadd Hill - Perth - 178cm
25. Jobe Scapin - Gipps - 186cm
26. Sam Grij - Oakleigh - 182cm
27. Toby Whan - Sth Freo - 182cm
28. Zach O'Keefe - Gipps - 177cm
29. Raphael Geesu - Bris A - 175cm
30. Harry Morphett - Geel - 180cm
We should take a Duursma and use him as future trade bait :)

Where did you pull those rankings from out of interest? I think Hart has had an average year from all reports but Whan looks incredible (refer futoblista comments from the other day). Probably swap them at the moment but it's the same thing anyway.

Club will have enough forewarning I imagine to plan appropriately. I think if they fix it properly we'll probably need at least a first for one of them to march the bid.
he is related to Rick?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back