Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s contracted forever. Would you give up your best player for that even in a rebuild?

Well no, but he’s not at the level of peak Nat Fyfe or Serong or Brayshaw.

He’s not even Lachie Neale when Neale left, so why would we give up more?

Well no, but he’s not at the level of peak Nat Fyfe or Serong or Brayshaw.

He’s not even Lachie Neale when Neale left, so why would we give up more?
Similar value to Neale when he left really. In more compromised drafts, the Pies and Port pick is pretty similar to what we got for Lachie. I think it will be those picks with something after 40 coming back we can use

If and it’s a massive IF.

If Bolton and Baker go to Freo will Switta’s name be raised in part of the trade?

Has his name already been brought up in previous discussions and may have been why there was a very small rumour?

Do we do that trade? Say 2x1sts + Switkowski. Possibly through them a Brodie?

If and it’s a massive IF.

If Bolton and Baker go to Freo will Switta’s name be raised in part of the trade?

Has his name already been brought up in previous discussions and may have been why there was a very small rumour?

Do we do that trade? Say 2x1sts + Switkowski. Possibly through them a Brodie?
Said before the pettiness in me doesnt want WC getting Baker but like, surely we are actually out of the Baker race. It just doesnt make sense really. I know we lose a fair few players but losing Switta would be an even bigger head scratcher than Schultz really

Similar value to Neale when he left really. In more compromised drafts, the Pies and Port pick is pretty similar to what we got for Lachie. I think it will be those picks with something after 40 coming back we can use

Really don’t want to give up both.

Want a Joe Berry etc.

While on the topic, maybe we can give one of our players that Carl's Jr that's about to open up in Piara Waters, I've been waiting for it since getting back from America/Canada earlier this year.

Only 750k for the franchise rights on Seek

Surely being the first Carl's in WA is more attractive than wce offer of tired old HJs

Maybe hold off on that idea I saw this article they were going in administration in Australia 😱

Similar value than it was for Neale is probably our best first rounder and worst first rounder for Bolton and change.

Richmond do have a lot of second and third rounders from memory so them finding change shouldn’t be too hard - the issue will be deciding which pick they give back which probably results in this trade taking all trade period.

I reckon we’re three picks at the draft and done this year (plus whatever rookie spots are left over) so a late second rounder for example might give us the last pick we want.

Barrass and Bolton.

If Tom Barrass goes to Hawthorn for a first and a second while contracted for three years, what value does that put on Bolton?

What would that same value on Bolton make Liam Baker's value??

Barrass and Bolton.

If Tom Barrass goes to Hawthorn for a first and a second while contracted for three years, what value does that put on Bolton?

What would that same value on Bolton make Liam Baker's value??
Baker isn’t contracted so surely he’s the least valuable of the lot. Personally would rate him at WC 2nd pick this year.
If Richard really wanted a 1st for him, reckon their 2nd or a fairly early second would have to go back. It really depends on where that hawks 1st ends up being.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton if available is just a do without question, a lot like how I felt about the Jackson trade. A player of that talent wanting to come to your club? Just pay a good price.

I would be happy giving Pies 1st, Our 1st and a swap of our F2s to increase our points for the next seasons NGAs.
This keeps the Port pick for some list needs (Berry) or even still more bargaining power to trade further into next year and having our first pick at the Saints 2nd which could have some gems fall through at that range.

For Warner in 2025 we will still have our 1st and 2026 1st (potentially even our 2027 one as well) which is more then enough to make a trade happen.

Bolton if available is just a do without question, a lot like how I felt about the Jackson trade. A player of that talent wanting to come to your club? Just pay a good price.

I would be happy giving Pies 1st, Our 1st and a swap of our F2s to increase our points for the next seasons NGAs.
This keeps the Port pick for some list needs (Berry) or even still more bargaining power to trade further into next year and having our first pick at the Saints 2nd which could have some gems fall through at that range.

For Warner in 2025 we will still have our 1st and 2026 1st (potentially even our 2027 one as well) which is more then enough to make a trade happen.
that wouldn't be enough for Warner

Has the “clubs must take 2 first round picks within a four year period” rule been relaxed yet? If not we need to use 2 this year or 1 this year and 1 next year, Amiss and Erasmus are our last first round picks and next year is their fourth year in the league.
We've only missed 2 drafts, 2022 and 2023. Ras, Johnno and Amiss drafted in 2021, but their first year is 2022. So this is their 3rd season.

I don't know the actual rules and I can't be bothered looking them up, but I suspect if they are going to allow trading of 2xF1s those rules might change.

I'd expect us to use 1 of the firsts this year either way.

We've only missed 2 drafts, 2022 and 2023. Ras, Johnno and Amiss drafted in 2021, but their first year is 2022. So this is their 3rd season.

I don't know the actual rules and I can't be bothered looking them up, but I suspect if they are going to allow trading of 2xF1s those rules might change.

More worried for next year targeting Warner, if we only use 1 this year the AFL may try to stop us trading out our first next year

Edit: Johnson was a second round pick as well

2 first round picks every 4 years.

If you have a young list, or are bringing in youngish players then the AFL will allow it.

No one here thinks we can afford both Bolton and Worner?

Even if we unload fyfe, Walters and a few fringe players in the next two drafts

We have a fridge full of top end talent signed on with Brayshaw still to extend, Treacy to re-negotiate...

I just don't see how we are paying them their market value (or just under) and bring in both big fish

For me, it's one or the other

Maybe it's a Bolton / Baker, or Worner/ Baker

But surely we can't afford 2 mil for 2 players.

Unless Darcy is shipped off

So for me, maybe this talk encourages Sydney to think about the trade this year - as I'd rather Warner

Bolton doesn't seem like a team player, recency memories of him against us earlier this year selfishly loading up from outside 50 burning his team mates padding his stats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bolton was playing “pick me!” Against us this year, that’s all. Probably not the best thing do for a team focused squad, but can’t blame him.

And we just don’t know what the team is happy to take as far as pay goes.
If the majority of the team is set up already, the may not need a bump from $700k to $900k. An extra $50k may be enough if it means the team can be successful.

We just have to wait and see.

(And Fyfe and walters are on just below the league average, they’re not earning a lot).

No one here thinks we can afford both Bolton and Worner?

Even if we unload fyfe, Walters and a few fringe players in the next two drafts

We have a fridge full of top end talent signed on with Brayshaw still to extend, Treacy to re-negotiate...

I just don't see how we are paying them their market value (or just under) and bring in both big fish

For me, it's one or the other

Maybe it's a Bolton / Baker, or Worner/ Baker

But surely we can't afford 2 mil for 2 players.

Unless Darcy is shipped off

So for me, maybe this talk encourages Sydney to think about the trade this year - as I'd rather Warner

Bolton doesn't seem like a team player, recency memories of him against us earlier this year selfishly loading up from outside 50 burning his team mates padding his stats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Bolton comes in for 800 to 900k, maybe we can.

If Bolton comes in for 1.2 to 1.3 million, then we can't.

Same with Warner. I don't want anyone who is not willing to give up some cash for team success.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back