Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hate to be a downer, but Warner is unlikely be an option. Bolton will be if we satisfy him $$ wise.

I trust my source, however im sure others here have legitimate sources as well who have heard differently.
Like i mentioned here, we will need Richmond to take on a significant amount of Boltons salary to make this work.

I hate it. The guys has been over rated since he was drafted, and always injured.

It’s a shit idea.
Check his stats for the finals last year.

Big reason the blues went as well as they did imo.

For a cheap contract, if we have the space, you take the punt that you can have him right when it matters.

Check his stats for the finals last year.

Big reason the blues went as well as they did imo.

For a cheap contract, if we have the space, you take the punt that you can have him right when it matters.
With another preseason I think Cooper Simpson can play his role, but if he wants to come for peanuts & costs nothing then I don’t see the issue in bringing him in as he can play when fit.

Think fans on here need to get their heads around Martin being a target, they have been saying all year freo are into him, I don’t hate the idea if he’s cheap
I hate the idea of using a list spot on him tbh.

I want to use those four picks to bring in four new players (if we trade two picks for a player I'd still use three selections btw). By the time you delist five players to make room for even that to happen I'm not sure I'd rather have Martin on our list than any of the remaining out of contract players tbh.

Outside of SSPs, Wagner and perhaps Colyer none of the genuinely cheap recycled players (i.e. third or fourth round picks) have been worth the time and effort from an on field perspective.

Last edited:
Ugh.

It’s SSP. Supplemental Selection Period.

Not Sam Powell-Pepper.

For frells sake

2025 List Management Thread will look pretty threadbare considering this is our list of players coming out of contract:
Fyfe
Brayshaw (I expect to be signed before the date even says 2025)
Walters
Aish
Sharp (I'd hope he too is extended prior to end of the season)
McDonald
Worner
Pearce
Erasmus
Delean

2025 List Management Thread will look pretty threadbare considering this is our list of players coming out of contract:
Fyfe
Walters
Aish
McDonald
Worner
Pearce
Erasmus
Delean
That list looks extremely grim for Worner, Delean, McDonald, Aish and Ras (good for freo_leo29 though).

That list looks extremely grim for Worner, Delean, McDonald, Aish and Ras (good for freo_leo29 though).

Early assessment would have me thinking we have room on the primary list for one of Alex Pearce or Oscar McDonald and the process for deciding which would be that Alex Pearce is signed to an extension right now and McDonald needs to play significant games in 2025 to be retained.

I think the spot for a small forward and Erasmus with Walters and Fyfe phasing out next year - assuming Fyfe's impact in games begins to fade.

But this doesn't include the list of players out of contract this year who sign a single year extension:
Emmett, Corbett, O'Driscoll, Voss, etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe
Walters
Aish
McDonald
Worner
Pearce
Erasmus
Delean

Fyfe and Walters will be very close to retiring at this point.

McDonald will probably be in trouble, with Draper and Davies going past him.

Dealan and Worner will depend on what we draft this year.

But now for something a little different.

St Kilda list manager James Gallagher signed Josh Battle to a two year extension in 2022, taking him to end of this year where he became a free agent. Gallagher left St Kilda end of that season.

A restricted free agent needs to have their salary in the last year of the contract place them in the top 25% of the playing list. Roughly the top nine to ten players at the club.

Josh Battle does not sit within the top 25% of the list at St Kilda and as a result is an unrestricted free agent. He can go to any club he wants without St Kilda having any opportunity to counter an offer outside of regular negotiations.

End of 2023 St Kilda brought across Liam Henry. It is the standard that players are paid to move, they have their contract front loaded to incentivise the movement and attract the player to that specific club.

I put it to you that the buying of Liam Henry last year, with his front loaded contract in 2024, pushed Josh Battle out of the top 25% of players in his free agency year and stuffed St Kilda on matching offers.

St Kilda list manager James Gallagher signed Josh Battle to a two year extension in 2022, taking him to end of this year where he became a free agent. Gallagher left St Kilda end of that season.

A restricted free agent needs to have their salary in the last year of the contract place them in the top 25% of the playing list. Roughly the top nine to ten players at the club.

Josh Battle does not sit within the top 25% of the list at St Kilda and as a result is an unrestricted free agent. He can go to any club he wants without St Kilda having any opportunity to counter an offer outside of regular negotiations.

End of 2023 St Kilda brought across Liam Henry. It is the standard that players are paid to move, they have their contract front loaded to incentivise the movement and attract the player to that specific club.

I put it to you that the buying of Liam Henry last year, with his front loaded contract in 2024, pushed Josh Battle out of the top 25% of players in his free agency year and stuffed St Kilda on matching offers.
Battle is only on 400k so probably not 25% anyway

I have always wondered why clubs can't manipulate it though?

Renegotiate other players deals to push battle into the top 25%

Eg drop someone who was 8th down to 12th and push someone who was 4th upto 1st (but then it's reversed the next year)

Might just be too annoying for players, I suppose noone really wants their pay to shift down even if only for a year

How does this apply to us?

if can get him fit, can never have enough talent in the front half

We don't have the list space to take an over paid, injury prone player who does not deliver.

He plays about 50% of games each year.
Averages about 1 goal a game, 2 to 2.5 tackles per game and 10 possessions.

He is not an upgrade on Sturt or Banfield.

We don't have the list space to take an over paid, injury prone player who does not deliver.

He plays about 50% of games each year.
Averages about 1 goal a game, 2 to 2.5 tackles per game and 10 possessions.

He is not an upgrade on Sturt or Banfield.

Not sure he offers much more than Emmett even before you consider availability.

Sure Martin looks better when watching a game but I don’t think I’ve ever seen Martin dominate a game.

Quite a few of our 2024 guys probably join that list tbh. Maybe not as grim for the names you’ve listed once that happens.
Realistically I'd think it's just Noddy and Emmett getting 1 year deals though right? Voss, Sturt and Banners definitely need at least two.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back