Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hehe I reckon Collingwood is locked into 6 and Port could be up to 12 I guess. Still a high high price.
Port could win 2 of their last 4 and still miss on 14 wins if Hawks win one of the next two and belt the snot out of WC and North. As this isnt the deathride thread I will admit, I am more than ok with Hawks not making the 8 for personal vendetta reasons

I reckon Bolton is almost exactly the same value as Brad Hill when we traded him to the saints, that trade was Pick 10, F2, F4, 58 and Blake Acres.
More than happy to offer the Tigers pick 10 (ports pick) F2, F4, Brodie and whatever our last pick is.
Or if they want picks this year it’s 10 & 24 that’s it.
If they really want 2 firsts they can have 10 & 16 (ish) with 21 coming back our way (that 21 will be gold as it’s the first pick of the second round and we can weigh up other teams offers of F1 for it so they can grab whichever slider they still have on their boards)

Edit: if we find out which clubs are keen on which players during the 21 auction, we can put 24 up for auction as well if some of those players are still available, net ourselves 2 future 1sts.

Bolton deal is longer and he’s younger, don’t think will be straight forward
It will be, they don't want to pay him, he doesn't want to be there, they get draft picks and Will Brodie. He'd wallow for the next four years and they both know it.

are they really chasing him? I know that Serong and Brayshaw met with him, but they might have been sent as scouts to see if he fits our brand?
They might have just been asking him about how to win flags, and if Bolton would fit at Freo.

Could have been getting local dirt on Fyfe.

We just don’t know.

I thought Bailey already had a contract offer from Freo.

Out of contract Fremantle forward Bailey Banfield says he’s been comfortable to play the season without having a deal locked away for next year because he’s finally feeling like an important part of the team.
Banfield is the most prominent player at Fremantle who is waiting for a deal beyond this year. He’s played every game and is in career best form, but is still on the list of available free agents.
The 26-year-old has spent his career on the fringe and was the sub 10 times in 2022. But he’s kicked a career-high 20 goals this year, hasn’t been subbed on or off the field, and has also shown an ability to slot into other positions when needed.
Banfield said it was important to prove his worth instead of rushing into asking for a deal.
“My manager is sorting all that out and working through it. I’m pretty happy here at Freo and hopefully, they should be able to sort something out. I’m pretty confident,” he told The West Australian.
“The weekly (selection) thing was probably more immediate stress. There’s more immediate stresses that come with that than the contract stuff.
“With the contract stuff, it’s more if you’re playing good footy and you’re in the team, you’re going to have options and you’re going to get a contract. So just keep playing good footy and then that sort of stuff will look after itself.”
The Dockers have the opportunity to retain their spot in the top four and challenge for a top two finish when they play against Essendon at the MCG on Sunday.
Fremantle have won three of their last four games at the MCG and won’t play at the venue again before the finals. Banfield said the team was approaching the clash with huge anticipation
“What you have to do to perform at your best is see things like this as an opportunity. If you’re scared or you’re playing not to lose, as opposed to playing to win, you’re not going to put your best foot forward,” he said.
“This time of year is so exciting, and to be able to set ourselves up for a big final series, we’ve got to take care of business in games like this. If we can put our best foot forward, we’ll give ourselves our best chance to win. The competition is so tight, I think it is a massive opportunity for us, and that’s that’s really exciting.”
thanks for this! I asked about the article over on the BB thread.

Didn't they read this??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They might have just been asking him about how to win flags, and if Bolton would fit at Freo.

Could have been getting local dirt on Fyfe.

We just don’t know.
I think their opinion is being respected, especially if it is true about Acres "upsetting the younger players". Serong and Brayshaw are future captains and need to be confident that a leader like Baker is going to respect a pair of younger guys, and if he can get fellow Aquinean Chad Warner :)

There was a rumour early in the year that Switta was on the way out…could baker be looked at coverage for him?

I don’t see why the Switta rumour from some random poster continues to be brought up again by everyone else tbh. It hasn’t been brought before or since then by anyone reliable.

Not having a go at that poster if you’re reading this btw. Just seems to be a one off rumour that disappeared outside of people on this board bringing it up again for no reason.

Twomey is usually reliable. I'm not sure how he could claim this on Twitter etc without checking his facts.

A player isn’t going to openly say they have a contract until the club announces it. We’ve seen players say similar things then the club announce a re-signing a day or two later - I call BS on things actually happening that quickly.

A player isn’t going to openly say they have a contract until the club announces it. We’ve seen players say similar things then the club announce a re-signing a day or two later - I call BS on things actually happening that quickly.
I am more worried about Colin Young being his manager after the Lobb debacle where Lobb was being shopped around to other clubs. Unlike Lobb, Banfield is very intelligent. Hopefully he wont be as gullible.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back