Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Says he is still waiting for a deal.. so the talk of having a deal on table was just speculation then šŸ¤”
This is where the English language shows its beauty in how utterly ambiguous it is. Coz in "offered a multi-year deal" (the talk you mention), "deal" means "the contract offer". But in that article, "deal" seems to mean its traditional meaning - agreement (offer and acceptance). So they're not mutually exclusive.

Fwiw Banners mentions his manager's working it out, so I guess that report and this article can both be true, with the meaning basically being "Freo have a multi-year offer, and Banners/his manager isn't completely satisfied with it, negotiations ongoing".

This is where the English language shows its beauty in how utterly ambiguous it is. Coz in "offered a multi-year deal" (the talk you mention), "deal" means "the contract offer". But in that article, "deal" seems to mean its traditional meaning - agreement (offer and acceptance). So they're not mutually exclusive.

Fwiw Banners mentions his manager's working it out, so I guess that report and this article can both be true, with the meaning basically being "Freo have a multi-year offer, and Banners/his manager isn't completely satisfied with it, negotiations ongoing".
True. There is probably a deal, but not a done deal šŸ¤

I don't think it's fair tbh but if the club doesn't start negotiations with second rounder for Baker they're pretty silly tbh.

I'm not sure Richmond can ask for the highest first rounder for Baker and be taken seriously either.

The answer is somewhere in between.

Bolton is probably worth two first rounders. Which ones and what Freo gets back is the discussion point.

If we were to get both Bolton and Baker, I'm reasonably happy to give up all three first rounders subject to Richmond also making sure we still have a draft hand (i.e. they throw in some second rounder/s).

Plus Iā€™d be wanting Richmond to take on a decent portion of Shaiā€™s salary if weā€™re paying that much.

Plus Iā€™d be wanting Richmond to take on a decent portion of Shaiā€™s salary if weā€™re paying that much.
I don't think them doing so for the first two years or so would be that hard to negotiate. They'll prefer the picks prior to Tasmania ****ing up the draft and won't need to the salary imo. There's also the option of extending Bolton's contract - I don't think an extra year is that risky tbh.

Last edited:
I donā€™t see why the Switta rumour from some random poster continues to be brought up again by everyone else tbh. It hasnā€™t been brought before or since then by anyone reliable.

Not having a go at that poster if youā€™re reading this btw. Just seems to be a one off rumour that disappeared outside of people on this board bringing it up again for no reason.
Yeah this. I literally only saw 1 post about Switta potentially heading home and everyone has gone off that single post without any substance. Switta has always looked like he loved his time with Freo and was heading no where else so without any basis, it seems silly to continue that line of thinking. He's going no where.

Harvey Langford would be best 22 in every club already and how the **** he isn't pick 1-5 is beyond me.

Langford is my pick having watched all of his games this season despite most Freo fans liking the look of Travaglia and Lindsay. He has all the hallmarks of a big bodied Hayden Young although slightly slower off the mark at this stage. I think his disposal is very, very good and the only time it looks off is when he tries to kick around corners too far but that is easily sorted at AFL level.

If we picked him up, I'd be happy with our draft regardless of who else we grabbed. He probably solves the issue of who replaces Fyfe too.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has been put forward on our board -

Club looking to package Baker and Bolton to Freo for all 3 of their first rounds.

Out: Baker, Bolton.

In: 7, 12, 16.

I initially baulked at this, but perhaps it's fair.

I would swap out 12 for our F1 next year with your F2 and F3 coming back as we will need points next year plus you paying some Bolton salary

Last edited:
Has English re-signed at the Bullies yet?
You gotta think that Wet Toast are up to their eyeballs on him - that will cost a motsa as well - a bit similar to us if we are both chasing the ā€˜Chadā€™ ā€¦.
Except have a bounty of picks to get Bolton and Warner - potentially in the same year.

I hope the Freo brains trust think like you do, because I want them to stay.
Best draft in years to fast track a rebuild. I think your club will be very tempted to bring in a couple of players like Langford and Whitlock. So many great options.

No point hanging onto past glory.

Last edited:
then how to Johnson,Serong,Brayshaw,Young and Warner all fit in the midfield post fyfe retireing 2025?
Think Bolton is slighlty better if we had to choose. I know the main ITK Warner is out of Sydney this year or next but if he stays this year a change of heart is possible with success/ a huge offer

Most teams play 7 mids, including wings. Add Sharp. Thatā€™s still only 6.

Has English re-signed at the Bullies yet?
You gotta think that Wet Toast are up to their eyeballs on him - that will cost a motsa as well - a bit similar to us if we are both chasing the ā€˜Chad
He hasn't yet, and the Eagles are keen, but the difference to Warner is that English is out of contract at the end of this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back