Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

WC people are very adamant (including reliable posters) that Freo are WC are planning on a pick swap. Essentially our firsts for 3 and 23. The idea between the 2 clubs being the latest of our firsts help WC get Baker while they draft with the other two while we would use pick 3 and change on Warner.

It seems WC peeps are hearing Warner is still absolutely in play this year. Thoughts on the possible price if it comes through?
He’s absolutely not worth a pick 3.
Has been so poor the last 8 weeks. He’s not all that

Yes, im not super keen on Bolton or Warner

3 first round picks we should absolutely be using them in the draft as wisely as possible.

Small forward, big bodied mid (move Brodie on), outside player

Whatever picks we don’t use trade them for futures.

Tassie is coming and we need to be stocked.

I think there is enough talent on the list as it is to go close… Bolton isn’t going to help - Warner maybe .. but not at the cost, wait a year

WC people are very adamant (including reliable posters) that Freo are WC are planning on a pick swap. Essentially our firsts for 3 and 23. The idea between the 2 clubs being the latest of our firsts help WC get Baker while they draft with the other two while we would use pick 3 and change on Warner.

It seems WC peeps are hearing Warner is still absolutely in play this year. Thoughts on the possible price if it comes through?
I think this flies in a normal year where there is a clear top 5 players but all the mail to date says it is a very even and solid top 20 or so and the best player could be taken anywhere.

I think there is enough talent on the list as it is to go close… Bolton isn’t going to help - Warner maybe .. but not at the cost, wait a year

I can understand the perspective of not wanting to trade a fortune for players but Bolton isn’t going to help?? Chad Warner maybe?! We’d unquestionably be top 2 if we had either.

Anyway - what what I wanted to say is I hope don’t faff around re-signing Sturt. He has earned a decent contract and I would love to see him develop around Amiss and JT for years. He was talking in an interview about not being in a position to buy a house over here because of constant uncertainty with his contract. Let’s get our boy into the real estate market asap

Anyone really concerned about midfield depth the more it gets closer to the end of the season ?

Fyfe is 33.
Jom is 31.

Erasmus may well look elsewhere
Brodie is done.

Going to use multiple first rounders to combat the problem

No confidence at all in the list management.

Should keep Fyfe for as long as possible. Pendlebury hit 400 games and next season. Should push Fyfe to maximum effect. He deserves 250 games at least

3 first round picks we should absolutely be using them in the draft as wisely as possible.

If we dont get the experience in like Bolton or Baker of the talent like Warner we will keep repeating what happened yesterday. We have been doing it for most of our 30 year history.

Anyone really concerned about midfield depth the more it gets closer to the end of the season ?

Fyfe is 33.
Jom is 31.

Brodie is done.

Should keep Fyfe for as long as possible. Pendlebury hit 400 games and next season. Should push Fyfe to maximum effect. He deserves 250 games at least
Both Brodie and Erasmus under contract. Don’t have to trade them, Erasmus was ok yesterday surprise he got subbed

Not super keen on being a better team? Ok cool.

Possible, but if we ended with 8, 12 & 15 we aren’t trading all 3 for 3 and 23. I get it’s a top pick, but it’s over paying. 8 & 12 alone probably gets Warner done, then Sydney can trade themselves for 3

Surely would only be 8 & 12 for 3.

I get you have to pay overs, but 3 on its own is about right for Chad OOC. Has fallen off a cliff in the 2nd half of the year.

Fyfe is 33.
Jom is 31.

Brodie is done.

Zero concern. JoM doesn't play much inside anyway.

Erasmus building (hopefully) to be at least depth for Fyfe and sounds like Warner is live. NoD was also a inside midfielder at times as a junior. Aish can play there as well.

We can also take midfielders outside the first round.

If we dont get the experience in like Bolton or Baker of the talent like Warner we will keep repeating what happened yesterday. We have been doing it for most of our 30 year history.

What happened yesterday isn't getting fixed by either of those two. That improves by all the players getting more experience and training it more.

Baker would probably help more with that stuff than those two if you wanted to trade for it (which I don't). He's pretty clutch.

I get you have to pay overs, but 3 on its own is about right for Chad OOC. Has fallen off a cliff in the 2nd half of the year.

Zero concern. JoM doesn't play much inside anyway.

Erasmus building (hopefully) to be at least depth for Fyfe and sounds like Warner is live. NoD was also a inside midfielder at times as a junior. Aish can play there as well.

We can also take midfielders outside the first round.

What happened yesterday isn't getting fixed by either of those two. That improves by all the players getting more experience and training it more.

Baker would probably help more with that stuff than those two if you wanted to trade for it (which I don't). He's pretty clutch.

Swap Bolton and Baker for Emmett and Frederick and we don’t lose by 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swap Bolton and Baker for Emmett and Frederick and we don’t lose by 1.
You only have to swap out Emmett for 1 of them (preferably Bolton).

What would have made much more of a difference would be the midfield not getting pantsed though. If we broke even there we win by 5 goals.

Gosh that game was crying out for a player like Liam Baker yesterday in a freo guernsey. Just to steady the ship with a cool calm experienced head.
It was alarming how many players lacked leadership when the tide was out.
You can pick out talent in the draft but you can’t pick experience under pressure. We HAVE to trade these picks this year and nail the trades. We won’t win a flag if we draft three kids. By the time they are consistently good enough it will be 2030 and that’s too late for players like Ryan and Pearce.

Gosh that game was crying out for a player like Liam Baker yesterday in a freo guernsey. Just to steady the ship with a cool calm experienced head.
It was alarming how many players lacked leadership when the tide was out.
You can pick out talent in the draft but you can’t pick experience under pressure. We HAVE to trade these picks this year and nail the trades. We won’t win a flag if we draft three kids. By the time they are consistently good enough it will be 2030 and that’s too late for players like Ryan and Pearce.
Toughness
Leadership
One touch
Good skills

I think he fills a big need than Bolton. I am concerned how many easy goals Bolton misses

Fyfe is 33.
Jom is 31.

Brodie is done.

Not in the slightest.

Johnson clearly coming on. Erasmus and Brodie dominating Peel. No way Erasmus at 20 is looking elsewhere that's bigfooty wringing our hands.

I actually genuinely think we should drop JOM and or Fyfe for this guys and in 20 games we'll be a better team for it.

We were missing two of our first choice stoppage mids and it showed, I'm not sure shuffling small forwards would have mattered.
Considering Fyfe is 33, is everyone still saying recruiting another mid with one of those first rounders is a silly idea?

I am not for one second saying small forward isn't our biggest need but from where I'm sitting if we use four top 30 picks one of them should be a midfielder capable of playing inside. Ideally they'd be capable of playing outside too but seriously we've got too many talls and no enough mids on our list.

Possible, but if we ended with 8, 12 & 15 we aren’t trading all 3 for 3 and 23. I get it’s a top pick, but it’s over paying. 8 & 12 alone probably gets Warner done, then Sydney can trade themselves for 3

Surely would only be 8 & 12 for 3.
Yeah this is all coming from WC people, Freo doesn't leak these things from my experience. Obviously everything would just be being spitballed without knowing where our picks are.

Agree that all three feels pretty gross. There wpuld be better offers than that for the picks I'd think.

Main thing to me is if true then it means Warner really is in play because we dont even look at a trade like that unless it's what Sydney specifically want.

Last edited:

Fyfe is 33.
Jom is 31.

Brodie is done.

We have Erasmus and Johnson and Nathan o’driscoll who looks good again as well

Yeah this is all coming from WC people, Freo doesn't leek these things from my experience. Obviously everything would just be being spitballed without knowing where our picks are.

Agree that all three feels pretty gross. There wpuld be better offers than that for the picks I'd think.

Main thing to me is if true then it means Warner really is in play because we dont even look at a trade like that unless it's what Sydney specifically want.

Yeah I have the trust in Freo now that a trade like this wouldn’t happen.

We’d deal directly with Sydney, no reason to get eagles involved.

Sydney have a few later round 1 picks too, so let them trade up themselves.

Think the weekend proved that Bolton and Warner would both be huge gets and fills weaknesses

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back