Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I have the trust in Freo now that a trade like this wouldn’t happen.

We’d deal directly with Sydney, no reason to get eagles involved.

Sydney have a few later round 1 picks too, so let them trade up themselves.

Think the weekend proved that Bolton and Warner would both be huge gets and fills weaknesses
As contracted, they could easily say go get a top 5 pick and we'll do it. Contracted so they set the rules.

Yeah this is all coming from WC people, Freo doesn't leek these things from my experience. Obviously everything would just be being spitballed without knowing where our picks are.

Agree that all three feels pretty gross. There wpuld be better offers than that for the picks I'd think.

Main thing to me is if true then it means Warner really is in play because we dont even look at a trade like that unless it's what Sydney specifically want.
Bro what is the point of doing this trade. Why not just get Bolton this year with what we have and Warner next year? Bolton is more of a need to us at this stage. Another year without a proper small forward will kill us.

Possible, but if we ended with 8, 12 & 15 we aren’t trading all 3 for 3 and 23. I get it’s a top pick, but it’s over paying. 8 & 12 alone probably gets Warner done, then Sydney can trade themselves for 3

Surely would only be 8 & 12 for 3.

It just so happens that WC have already done that trade of 3 for 8 & 12 (close enough anyway) when they essentially traded Sheezel for Ginbey and Hewett. Whoops. This time the two later picks would have more value, as in 2022 there was a standout top 4 and then it dropped off rapidly.

Considering Fyfe is 33, is everyone still saying recruiting another mid with one of those first rounders is a silly idea?

I am not for one second saying small forward isn't our biggest need but from where I'm sitting if we use four top 30 picks one of them should be a midfielder capable of playing inside. Ideally they'd be capable of playing outside too but seriously we've got too many talls and no enough mids on our list.

An inside mid with elite kick that we can play at half back for two years would be spot on.

Or a speedy outside mid with elite kick we can play forward for two years.

It just so happens that WC have already done that trade of 3 for 8 & 12 (close enough anyway) when they essentially traded Sheezel for Ginbey and Hewett. Whoops. This time the two later picks would have more value, as in 2022 there was a standout top 4 and then it dropped off rapidly.

We could have all three picks in that 8-12 range. I don’t think Port continues this good form. One more loss should finish off Collingwood.

Could see something like one of the picks and a future second or so for Bolton. He’s good but he’s not two firsts good imo.
3 and change for Warner

Yeah this is all coming from WC people, Freo doesn't leek these things from my experience. Obviously everything would just be being spitballed without knowing where our picks are.

Agree that all three feels pretty gross. There wpuld be better offers than that for the picks I'd think.

Main thing to me is if true then it means Warner really is in play because we dont even look at a trade like that unless it's what Sydney specifically want.
Fwiw (might not be much given the club mouthpiece war), Ryan Daniels did say re Bolton that Freo are in the market for other players as an impediment to a Bolton deal. It'd make sense for Warner to be in play based on that. Everything else we've been linked with should not interfere with a Bolton deal, whereas you'd be having to scrounge up everything available to try to make a Warner and Bolton combo work.

Fwiw (might not be much given the club mouthpiece war), Ryan Daniels did say re Bolton that Freo are in the market for other players as an impediment to a Bolton deal. It'd make sense for Warner to be in play based on that. Everything else we've been linked with should not interfere with a Bolton deal, whereas you'd be having to scrounge up everything available to try to make a Warner and Bolton combo work.

I guess the other interesting thing Daniels said is he thinks Bolton will end up here (and by implication, here being Freo) next year.

So, is it a fair interpretation that we were deep into the Warner deal, using most of our hand this year (as per Snuffs hypothetical) when Boltons name entered the screen, now we're frantically trying to orchestrate a scenario where we can land both - whether both this year, or Bolton this year/Warner next, etc? Also Baker thrown into the mix as a chaos ball

If we are to get 3 and 23 from eagles what’s the chance we trade 23 and saints 2nd for a first from Gold Coast to match points
Draft with 3
And trade Gold Coast first and future 1 and 2 for Warner/bolton?

I’ve been a staunch Darcy & Jackson together works guy…

Had my First waver of doubt yesterday. Not ready to jump off yet, and I think Darcy looks unfit, but man.. need a lot more.

19 marks from Darcy in 12 games is brutal. Giving us minimum around the ground atm.

Both Brodie and Erasmus under contract. Don’t have to trade them, Erasmus was ok yesterday surprise he got subbed
Was pretty obvious as soon as about 10 minutes later we didn't have enough midfield depth once Erasmus was subbed.

I don't consider Brodie depth anymore tbh - he's a list clogger. No more, no less.

Erasmus looks like he could be a decent depth mid but I'm not sure we can just rely on him.

I honestly believe small forward is quite an immediate need. That isn't ideal. Most of time though you should be looking at three years into the future and asking yourself what you need then. I think we'll require extra depth in HBFs and both inside and outside mids within three years tbh. It's better to recruit those players sooner rather than later so when you need said player they aren't 18 years old.

Had my First waver of doubt yesterday. Not ready to jump off yet, and I think Darcy looks unfit, but man.. need a lot more.

19 marks from Darcy in 12 games is brutal. Giving us minimum around the ground atm.
Exactly the same. Anathema for me to say this, but yesterday and its aftermath got me thinking about what Cornes said and the amount of money and deals these 2 are on. Darcy said he's basically "put down the beers", after what 8 seasons....I don't know, but what...it took this long?! Plenty of beers to be had post-career especially if you retire a multi-Premiership winning player! I know they're not robots, and I don't want them to be but I just wonder because these 2 are mates if they're taking their 'talent' for granted a bit, it takes some serious hard work to make it to the top. We know the standards around the club are higher now, but is everyone on board..?! Darce still looks a bit too unfit and easily gassed for mine. I know he's a strong upper-body type of ruck, less the mobile-move-around-the ground Tim English type and he's had a VERY injury-interrupted season and pre-season but he just looked ordinary yesterday, and it's not the first game I've thought like that. And Jackson too, just isn't quite at the level I'd hope to see after 2 seasons at the club. Where is the "break the game apart" Jacko? I don't think either of them take enough contested marks for their size. Sometimes Jacko gets ragdolled in the ruck, like against Meek in the Hawks game.

Like you, I suspect it's a blip in the road, and not worthy of panic stations yet, but I also worry it's not. I need to be convinced it's nothing more than the former. Of course, neither of them are going to worry what I think and so I may as well just go off and play tiddlywinks than write this tripe. Live and let live

Exactly the same. Anathema for me to say this, but yesterday and its aftermath got me thinking about what Cornes said and the amount of money and deals these 2 are on. Darcy said he's basically "put down the beers", after what 8 seasons....I don't know, but what...it took this long?! Plenty of beers to be had post-career especially if you retire a multi-Premiership winning player! I know they're not robots, and I don't want them to be but I just wonder because these 2 are mates if they're taking their 'talent' for granted a bit, it takes some serious hard work to make it to the top. We know the standards around the club are higher now, but is everyone on board..?! Darce still looks a bit too unfit and easily gassed for mine. I know he's a strong upper-body type of ruck, less the mobile-move-around-the ground Tim English type and he's had a VERY injury-interrupted season and pre-season but he just looked ordinary yesterday, and it's not the first game I've thought like that. And Jackson too, just isn't quite at the level I'd hope to see after 2 seasons at the club. Where is the "break the game apart" Jacko? I don't think either of them take enough contested marks for their size. Sometimes Jacko gets ragdolled in the ruck, like against Meek in the Hawks game.

Like you, I suspect it's a blip in the road, and not worthy of panic stations yet, but I also worry it's not. I need to be convinced it's nothing more than the former. Of course, neither of them are going to worry what I think and so I may as well just go off and play tiddlywinks than write this tripe. Live and let live
I feel we would of been better to trade Darcy for a first rounder and keep Meek to partner with Jackson. Would of cost us less and given some extra draft capital.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we will need to be prepared to let a player/s go to take the next step and it will have all of us going WTF !!!
To get quality you’ve gotta give up players and picks - and now is the time to do both by shifting talent that we may not want to lose to get a ‘better’ list fit and need.

Who knows, but as the Rock says ‘ can you smell what the Rock has cooking’…
Insert David Walls wrestling??!!!! 😬

I feel we would of been better to trade Darcy for a first rounder and keep Meek to partner with Jackson. Would of cost us less and given some extra draft capital.
Maybe. In hindsight, I can see the merit in that, but I think we all felt (and many probably still do..) that Darcy was an A Grade ruckman and a partnership with Jackson was going to be lethal, and as much as probably the club wanted to keep Meeky and the fans too, it wasn't viable or fair for him to not go and be a first ruckman elsewhere. Just my opinions of course, but I feel like it's been underwhelming and I don't want to go through formulative years saying "yeah, nah...it's good.....this will be the year they pull that trigger!". Not that withstanding, we signed Sean to a lengthy and expensive contract and Jackson too. They need to deliver MORE!! Of course getting injured doesn't help, all AFL players are prone to the potential mishap of that happening. Gah!!!

Yep, we're a young team but we can't fall back on that excuse forever. Things need to improve and quickly.

Maybe. In hindsight, I can see the merit in that, but I think we all felt (and many probably still do..) that Darcy was an A Grade ruckman and a partnership with Jackson was going to be lethal, and as much as probably the club wanted to keep Meeky and the fans too, it wasn't viable or fair for him to not go and be a first ruckman elsewhere. Just my opinions of course, but I feel like it's been underwhelming and I don't want to go through formulative years saying "yeah, nah...it's good.....this will be the year they pull that trigger!". Not that withstanding, we signed Sean to a lengthy and expensive contract and Jackson too. They need to deliver MORE!! Of course getting injured doesn't help, all AFL players are prone to the potential mishap of that happening. Gah!!!

Yep, we're a young team but we can't fall back on that excuse forever. Things need to improve and quickly.
Darcy would be better if he got himself fit. Carrying about 10kgs too much puppy fat. He can carry that much weight if it is muscle but his fitness levels are very underwhelming at present.

I think if Isiah Winder was on our list now, we would be calling for him to come into the 22. I would happily swap him for Emmett at the moment.

Surely, we should be looking at him if his off field stuff is under control.

I think if Isiah Winder was on our list now, we would be calling for him to come into the 22. I would happily swap him for Emmett at the moment.

Surely, we should be looking at him if his off field stuff is under control.
He certainly performs better at WAFL level than Emmett and is a natural goal scorer. We cant have all pressure forwards (Banfield, Switta, Emmett) we need goal scoring avenues

He's been off all year. Both in marks and consistency at centre bounce.

Some of it is clearly injuries (deadset can't jump right now). Some interrupted season and fitness. Darcy has that McGovern build where he could run marathons and he's never going to look like other afl players.

It's not they can't work together though. See Jackson v Hawthorn. It's just our best actual ruck is carrying niggles, a bit down on fitness and in a form slump.

Darcy is a guy that needs to do a pre season we’ve seen how good he can be when he’s half fit. right now he’s got the fitness of a 70 year old and his performance has been average with no pre season this year is a write off for him and I’m not gonna judge the 2 until next year because Jackson got screwed over trained fwd all pre season to then be a ruck then go forward for 2 weeks back to ruck back to fwd back to ruck back to fwd. he has had no continuity in the role

I refuse to believe Darcy is not carrying an injury. Came off with a shoulder knock against eagles + they flew Reidy over. I don't think Reidy is at an age where they fly them home to see family like Cooper.

The 6 weeks or so before that and excluding the concussion he has been playing extremely well in specifically ruckwork which has been very impactful for us. Champion Data had him as the equal 3rd best ruck this year behind Gawn and Xerri. His marking has not been good this year though.

Yesterday he was disgracefully bad in everything but even in what he has been good at (ruckwork). Was monstered in the ruck which just doesn't usually happen to him. Looked like he had no will to compete. If he's not injured then the coaches need to fire a rocket up his ass

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back