Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If we could only bring in one this year who would you rather? Let’s assume we can bring in the other the following year.

I’d have to go Bolton myself.

Then grab an out of contract Warner next year.

But I think the club would rather grab Warner and just let the Bolton thing play out.
If we can get Warner this year, then we can pick up Bolton next year..

I dont see how we get Bolton next year to be honest. There is a reason he's pushing it this year, we have the picks that would interest Richmond. He would need to spit the dummy next year and plummet his value for Richmond to consider trading him. There is 4 years left, they'll tell him tuff shit

I think the opposite makes more sense given Bolton’s reasons for coming home and Warner’s contract?
The key to all of this is that Warner must come out and say he is either not re signing with the Swans or he wants to come back to Perth. Without this we may well need to just go for Bolton or we risk going all in on Warner and then re signs halfway during next season.

That’s my read, but if they’ve committed verbally to Warner and he’s done everything Freo want to hear, then it’s a tough sell to ask Warner to stick out his final year so that they can grab Bolton first.

IF FFC have committed to Warner and he's planning to publicly request a trade this year that will be our priority. Get that deal done then see what's left for Bolton.

Warner is a younger and far better player who will impact our side more. He is the priority if he's available and everything is pointing towards him wanting to be at Freo next year. You don't turn that down if you can get it done.

Bolton's interest is recent and comes at a huge cost that we don't need to pay. If the cost changes to something realistic then the club can consider it but until then, it's Warner all the way.

I thought we all agreed to use common sense and realise that we're not going to get a proper look at Darcy/Jackson this year when Darcy is coming from so far back. Surgery, then injury interrupted pre-season, the another surgery, misses a chunk of time, another injury, few concussions, and whatever tf he's carrying now. How the **** is he supposed to be in peak physical condition when he's been off legs for such an extended period of time.

Sean Darcy was still fat when he won our b&f in 2021, and was still fat in every single good game he's played since them (and there's been a lot of them).

How dare we let Meek leave the year after Darcy won our b&f and we just traded in one of the best young ruck prospects in the league. **** me some of you just love to sook about everything without using an ounce of common sense to think about what you're saying.

I missed the part where I said anything about Meek. I also said I’m a staunch Darcy and Jackson works guy. It’s completely fair to question it sometimes though.

It’s also fair to expect more out of Darcy. As soon as he’s selected he’s expected to perform. He hasn’t been. As I said, 19’marks in 12 games is really brutal.

If you want to accept mediocrity and defend Darcy, then go for it. But it’s fair for us to have a bit of doubt over whether it’s working better with him or the extra FWD in Voss sometimes. I have a lot of hope that Darcy and Jackson will be fine.

Weight loss is 90% diet
You can't outwork a bad diet. The S&C team can give him all the plans and directions but they aren't with him 24 hours a day. I think he can go to another level if he sorts this out. Sacrifice a little enjoyment while he's playing and when he retires a 3 time premiership player he can be fat and happy for the rest of his days.

I still think we have zero chance of Warner this year. I think Warner saying he wants out is still in play, but Sydney simply will not trade him. They won't care if they get less next year. Their time is now, as they have 5 or 6 guys over 30 who are still an important part of their side. They will keep Warner to maximise their chance of a flag next year (which includes not making us stronger).
They will trade him if they can use that currency to get another player (or two) that plugs a hole in their list.

If Bolton and Warner are ins. And they both play forward/mid.

There are 2x spots from
The weekend that they will take.

1 is Emmett.
Who’s the second? Banners? Switta? Sturt?

No contract in front of 2x of those players.

be prepared the lion king GIF
Neither, Banfield will move up the field and there is a reshuffle elsewhere.

Sydney having major issues is a positive in the Warner chase, they have depth in his role.

If they can identify a player they think will push them over, it will help grease the wheels.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weight loss is 90% diet
I disagree, it's 100% diet ;).

I'm on a near 1000 calorie deficit right now, fun times! :rolleyes:

They are somewhat limited in what they can do in season though. Priority in season is fueling for performance. The off-season is where a pro-athlete has to have the discipline to change their body shape.

It makes sense because he's still out of contract. I dont think we are pushing anyone out but these are the type of players I expect to lose to better offers by getting both of those names.
We may be doing similar to Logue. We have a contract ready for them at a price below what they want. Wait and see how things pan out.

Very disappointed if we don't value Sturt as best 22.

Emmett, Worner, Aish, O'Meara should all go out before Switta and Sturt.

If I had to choose, here it is

Warner for Aish
O'Meara for Bolton

Omeara is contracted and I doubt anyone will pay him the money he is currently on. Ideally it would be those two but its not realistic. Both players would struggle to make the best 22 of contending sides, and both players are too old for most rebuilding sides.

I agree though ideally it would be those two.

IF FFC have committed to Warner and he's planning to publicly request a trade this year that will be our priority. Get that deal done then see what's left for Bolton.
One difference between those two is Bolton is on a massive contract and I have no expectations he would negotiate that downwards. Irrelevant seeing what's left if we can't match it.

Warner enter his final year next year with a blank slate after that.

Omeara is contracted and I doubt anyone will pay him the money he is currently on. Ideally it would be those two but its not realistic. Both players would struggle to make the best 22 of contending sides, and both players are too old for most rebuilding sides.

I agree though ideally it would be those two.

Out of the 22, not off the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back