Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't know where to post this but we have had 3 of the worst and most painful losses(Carlton, Port and Essendon.) I can remember in all the time I've supported this club. Absolute heartbreakers and 3 in one season to boot. It's not easy being purple.
The 3 games I've seen live this year.

The 3 games I've seen live this year.
Eric Cartman Lol GIF by South Park

Didn't know where to post this but we have had 3 of the worst and most painful losses(Carlton, Port and Essendon.) I can remember in all the time I've supported this club. Absolute heartbreakers and 3 in one season to boot. It's not easy being purple.
Carlton and Essendon definitely. Port was an average close loss exacerbated because it was the week after the Carlton loss.
Hawks loss similar to Port loss.

I have my doubts about Bolton. Nice player to have but the danger I see is if we are paying superstar salary and not getting superstar performance. And then the knock on effects on team morale and salary cap.

Warner on the other hand, I think you just have to throw everything at him.
Warner’s worst is arguably worse than Bolton’s

You can at least hide a small forward on an off day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From JL press conference he says

Hurt himself late in the 1st quarter, collision injury, not significant. Touch and go for this week, we are getting some more info.

Not sure if it costs him a week or not. (No talk about multiple weeks)

Does that mean we've lost Knobel? I dont understand this unless KNobel is gone

I don’t really know why we’ve all written off Reidy? The only weird thing amongst all this is our reluctance to play him when Darcy is out.

Yes, we need to get Peel to play both Reidy and Knobel next year.

But I’m not sure why we wouldn’t have signed him up for another year. He’s on the rookie list. We clearly want 4 rucks on the list, and there wouldn’t be many better performing state league rucks than Reidy to replace him with.

Surely the club would have locked Knobel down for 3 years. Looks very promising and we need insurance for Darcy. Crazy to lose him.
If you are going to lock Knobel in for 3 years then locking Reidy in for 1 year before you do that is a good move.

If you do it the other way round Reidy could up and leave for more opportunity, and unless Knobel is ready next season, we could be in trouble.

We need both for next year.

I would imagine the club has done everything they can to try and lock him down.

Put yourself in Knobel's shoes.. Darcy is contracted to 2030 and Jackson is contracted to 2029, would you sign an extension? or would you go home with a chance to become a 1st choice ruckman in the future? We do not have that pathway here and it is going to be very tough for us to keep good depth ruckman

I don’t really know why we’ve all written off Reidy? The only weird thing amongst all this is our reluctance to play him when Darcy is out.

Yes, we need to get Peel to play both Reidy and Knobel next year.

But I’m not sure why we wouldn’t have signed him up for another year. He’s on the rookie list. We clearly want 4 rucks on the list, and there wouldn’t be many better performing state league rucks than Reidy to replace him with.
Both need to be the number 1 ruck at Peel. Knobel is very good every time he plays league and looks a significantly better prospect. Why are we keeping Reidy if he never comes in as emergency? I also think Knobel goes past him comfortably with another preseason.

They are even forcing Jones into the Peel side as a ruck/forward/defender.

I don't understand the point of keeping Reidy

I would imagine the club has done everything they can to try and lock him down.

Put yourself in Knobel's shoes.. Darcy is contracted to 2030 and Jackson is contracted to 2029, would you sign an extension? or would you go home with a chance to become a 1st choice ruckman in the future? We do not have that pathway here and it is going to be very tough for us to keep good depth ruckman
I disagree, Darcy gives plenty of opportunities every year for another ruck to play, they just don't let Reidy have a go because they don't rate him as worth it. It is a perfect situation for a young ruck to develop.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back