Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers board reporting Baker will choose us.

Not sure how I feel. Can play and makes us better, but hard not to think that takes us out of the running for one of the big guns.

dont think we are giving them a r1 pick for baker. hes out of contract so the stk second will have to do.

picking over eagles carcass could be interesting, any decent experienced depth we could give them a pick around 30 for if they also picked up the wages? mcgovern comes to mind, though not sure whos playing FB with TB gone? Allen?

If Baker does chose is it won't be a 1st it will be saints 2nd and a swap if late round picks such as saints 4th (not going to use it) and our f3 for richmonds f4

If Baker does chose is it won't be a 1st it will be saints 2nd and a swap if late round picks such as saints 4th (not going to use it) and our f3 for richmonds f4
Richmond won’t need late picks in next years draft.

Could end up being our third first (which after some F/S and academy picks will prob be around 18) and then we upgrade Saints 2nd to Richmond 2nd.

I don’t mind the Saints 2nd and a swap of F3 > F4 but not sure they gets the deal done.

Imagine a forward line with Bolton and Liam Ryan in it

Cornes is dead silent when Darcy towelled up Witts and Gawn but only pipes up when he has a quiet one.
Darcy was clearly not fit. Was silly to play him in hindsight. Probably still the head knock so hard to tell. Kornes is a nonce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The possibility of a Reidy extension has me thinking some of our own must want out for some reason, maybe big Max is sick of playing in the twos at Peel, the Switta rumours are true, Murphy and or Stanley has gotten homesick while being injured most of this year, there’s just no way with our list positions being so tight we decide to extend a back up ruckman we don’t play even when Darcy is unavailable while Knobel looks like overtaking him this year or next.
Out: Tabs, Hughes, Corbett, Murphy, Switta, Kuek, Williams
In: Voss, Warner, Baker, Bolton, Klem, 2 draft picks?
With Switta we play the required player card until any of the Bolton, Baker or Warner deals are done, then we entertain offers for him.

I think having to play Jackson in the ruck has given him a niggle that hobbled him the rest of the year.
Jackson is a pinch hit ruck player, and offers more down the whole spine.
I reckon he could replace Fyfes position even as soon as next year.
Absolute madness that we cannot play another ruckman if Darcy is missing or
injured
Same issue with Meek and now it is proven that a coach who took the risk of developing him in the seniors, fast tracked is reaping the rewards.
Pretty obvious that the talent is here, getting a game is another issue.
Short term this year will be a success, you could argue the same for the Connelly
era, but still under achieved.

The possibility of a Reidy extension has me thinking some of our own must want out for some reason, maybe big Max is sick of playing in the twos at Peel, the Switta rumours are true, Murphy and or Stanley has gotten homesick while being injured most of this year, there’s just no way with our list positions being so tight we decide to extend a back up ruckman we don’t play even when Darcy is unavailable while Knobel looks like overtaking him this year or next.
Out: Tabs, Hughes, Corbett, Murphy, Switta, Kuek, Williams
In: Voss, Warner, Baker, Bolton, Klem, 2 draft picks?
With Switta we play the required player card until any of the Bolton, Baker or Warner deals are done, then we entertain offers for him.
If the Switta rumours were true, the media would be all over it

The media didn't report on the Schultz trade request until it was announced.
Schultz come up late because of his family news was worst then first though, he was going to see out his contract before moving home but things changed that's why freo were happy to do the trade

The media didn't report on the Schultz trade request until it was announced.

The club didn’t even know about the Schultz trade request. Not sure Victorian clubs other than Collingwood were actively pursuing him.

If I said that Michael Frederick was going to request a trade with nothing to back it up would people still be talking about it 3-4 months later? There’s no reason whatsoever to give the one off Switta rumour any weight.

I’ve got the feeling the club is just going cut one or two players that won’t be popular decisions on here tbh.

Last edited:
Said it before, but I reckon the switta rumour started at the time he had that concussion

Obviously, while going through the effects of concussion he was contemplating maybe he wished he had more family support around that time. Probably said to a friend, I miss home and it became I want a trade lol

Schultz come up late because of his family news was worst then first though, he was going to see out his contract before moving home but things changed that's why freo were happy to do the trade

It seemed very quick to decide to move back to Melbourne, discuss with clubs gauging interest in Schultz, negotiating contract, deciding on Collingwood, completing physicals, considering new living arrangements etc. Schultz joining Collingwood was months if not the whole year in the making and included many people player managers, coaches, recruiting teams, medical staff .... and the media was totally unaware. Swita could be the same situation.

Hawthorn was well down the track with shoota.

They were equally as annoyed as us, that he picked the pies.

Looks like they ended up alright out of it too with Ginny though.

It seemed very quick to decide to move back to Melbourne, discuss with clubs gauging interest in Schultz, negotiating contract, deciding on Collingwood, completing physicals, considering new living arrangements etc. Schultz joining Collingwood was months if not the whole year in the making and included many people player managers, coaches, recruiting teams, medical staff .... and the media was totally unaware. Swita could be the same situation.
his plan was along to get home at end of this year, got fast tracked 12 months late in trade because of family reason

Think it even caught Collingwood off guard.

His analysis is so shallow & he has so many of these little digs floating around I’m surprised he can remember them all.

Basically it works when we win & doesn't work when we lose. It was working when we were 25 points up with 7 minutes to go & it wasn’t the Darcy/Jackson combination that cost that game.

Jackson is not a full time ruck at AFL level, he’s an impact player. That’s the bottom line as to why Darcy plays.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back