Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ryan would be a better get than Martin for what we need in the 22, but would also cost more as he's contracted, and Martin would essentially be free. Given his issues and injury history I wouldn't want to give any more than a future third for Ryan which the Eagles wouldn't accept anyway. Can see someone like Essendon potentially throwing a second rounder for him

If WC will buy picks with salary dumped players, does it change calculations?

If Liam Ryan costs nothing for two years, is he worth a primary list spot?

Why does it get held back and by whom? The media? Thought they like a good salacious story..

Didn't think he was an angel but ..

There are some stories that they won't run with for certain players from the eagles that will run with for other players. I wouldn't have thought anyone in Perth would be surprised after the West didn't report on the Eagles goings on until it was so out of hand everyone knew anyway.

Ryan would be a better get than Martin for what we need in the 22, but would also cost more as he's contracted, and Martin would essentially be free. Given his issues and injury history I wouldn't want to give any more than a future third for Ryan which the Eagles wouldn't accept anyway. Can see someone like Essendon potentially throwing a second rounder for him
You can't trust Ryan and he's not good enough to take the risk. Max 30 goals. We're not talking about an Eddie Betts level here, we're talking Brandon Matera level (who's best season haul is also 30).

I'd eat my hat if JL likes him given what he said about Sturt's defensive efforts in the past.

The thing with Kanes take is, he would at least be able to make a case if he said we should have kept Meek, cashed in on Darcy and still got Jackson in as the unicorn (I’m still very happy with how it panned out before any Darcy defenders jump on)

The fact that he thinks Jackson should be our sole ruck proves he has NFI
Agree with all except that he has NFI.

His job is media provocateur, and he has found a point he can return to over and over again. Will get lots of traction. Nailed it.

Liam Ryan was the number one non tall player at bringing scores to team mates when I ran the numbers a year or so ago.

If we handed over a draft pick for Liam Ryan I’d be very worried. The WA media could easily see that he is sacked by Christmas in the first off season.

I don’t want him at the club. End of story. We’re better than having these types on our list now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't trust Ryan and he's not good enough to take the risk. Max 30 goals. We're not talking about an Eddie Betts level here, we're talking Brandon Matera level (who's best season haul is also 30).

I'd eat my hat if JL likes him given what he said about Sturt's defensive efforts in the past.

Comparing Ryan to Matera is just being silly.

If you really believe that because of one stat then yeah...

Have you watched them both play?

"Hey Bae, maaate, great season. By the way, we're going to lowball you, but hey, success right?"
He's still getting close to a million a year. But I'm sure won't mind taking a small discount to help land a Warner or Bolton. Hard to keep everyone if their main objective is taking as much money as possible. Small sacrifices need to be made.

Comparing Ryan to Matera is just being silly.

If you really believe that because of one stat then yeah...

Have you watched them both play?

Speaking of Matera we recruited him in 2017. The eagles drafted Ryan the same year. Freo wasn’t going to draft Ryan under any circumstances or at any pick due mainly to off field stuff.

We recruited Hogan a year later…

He's still getting close to a million a year. But I'm sure won't mind taking a small discount to help land a Warner or Bolton. Hard to keep everyone if their main objective is taking as much money as possible. Small sacrifices need to be made.
So let Warner and Bolton make those same sacrifices if they are coming here for team success and not just as mercenaries.

Isn't it amazing that, by spectacular coincidence, changes the AFL is bringing in this year to NGA & F/S rules just happen to provide a massive benefit to (otherwise largely irrelevant) big Vic clubs in Carlton and Essendon. Just amazing.
The bit I find a little unbelievable is they bowed to the pressure from Brisbane and Carlton of not doing it this year, but still chose to change the NGA eligibility to anywhere in the draft without the other changes around points.

It's moves like that which make me understand why some people are obsessed with all the conspiracy theories on the AFL.
It's shocking decision making.

The bit I find a little unbelievable is they bowed to the pressure from Brisbane and Carlton of not doing it this year, but still chose to change the NGA eligibility to anywhere in the draft without the other changes around points.

It's moves like that which make me understand why some people are obsessed with all the conspiracy theories on the AFL.
It makes the weight of 10 Victorian clubs and their AFL/power networks pretty transparent I reckon.

You know it's not going to last too long. As soon as we get a gun coming through they will fix up the points system and introduce other rules to limit the talent access. They will probably scrap it as soon as we get 2 or 3 in the door and have someone projected to be coming on. Meanwhile the Northern clubs and other big vic have much higher numbers with no changes.

It isn't Brayshaw's job to keep everyone. And it's his agent who would negotiate the contract, not Brayshaw.

The best way to keep as many players as possible is to be consistent as you can with your list. If the top tier agree to take a haircut, all good, but lowballing an individual is questionable.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back