Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You know it's not going to last too long. As soon as we get a gun coming through they will fix up the points system and introduce other rules to limit the talent access. They will probably scrap it as soon as we get 2 or 3 in the door and have someone projected to be coming on. Meanwhile the Northern clubs and other big vic have much higher numbers with no changes.

That will happen next year, so expect changes to come into effect for 2026 - but we will already have our three new guns.

So let Warner and Bolton make those same sacrifices if they are coming here for team success and not just as mercenaries.
I don't agree with having players from other clubs come in and be the highest paid but that's just the reality. We always have to overpay to attract them to come here.

It isn't Brayshaw's job to keep everyone. And it's his agent who would negotiate the contract, not Brayshaw.

The best way to keep as many players as possible is to be consistent as you can with your list. If the top tier agree to take a haircut, all good, but lowballing an individual is questionable.
Never said anything about lowballing him. You make it sound as though I said offer him 300k a year. To me it looks like Brayshaw has put off the extension until after trade week and the draft to give the club flexibility to make things happen. Then once that's all done he signs on with a possible small haircut depending on what gets done. These guys are driven by winning so I doubt getting 900k a year instead of 1m is gonna be more important to him.

Liam Ryan has been moping around the field since the Eagles started sucking. He is so far from the type of player we've been investing in recently.
100%. Looks totally disinterested. His form and athletic traits have been going downhill which is flag for mine. Also why are the Eagles shopping him around. I’d rather chase players a club doesn’t want to lose like Baker or Warner.

I think Baker can fit in quite well as forward/mid, even on the wing. Should only cost the value of end first round/ early second (similar value to trade we did for Jordan Clark).

Also why are some posters totally obsessed with flicking off Raz. He is developing. MJ has jumped ahead of him primarily due to body size in my opinion. We have Fyfe around for only 1 more season and JOM not too far behind. He should not be flicked off and certainly not for aging and disinterested Liam Ryan who WC are clearing shopping around.

Mercenaries? Come on man. They are West Australians coming home. And if they are guns, then they need to be paid accordingly.
Andy is a gun, if we bring in guns and pay them accordingly then pay our current guns accordingly too.

I was responding to the narrative that existing players would be prepared to take less money to chase team success - so let's ensure that applies to any guns traded in too.

Is that unreasonable?

100%. Looks totally disinterested. His form and athletic traits have been going downhill which is flag for mine. Also why are the Eagles shopping him around. I’d rather chase players a club doesn’t want to lose like Baker or Warner.

I think Baker can fit in quite well as forward/mid, even on the wing. Should only cost the value of end first round/ early second (similar value to trade we did for Jordan Clark).

Also why are some posters totally obsessed with flicking off Raz. He is developing. MJ has jumped ahead of him primarily due to body size in my opinion. We have Fyfe around for only 1 more season and JOM not too far behind. He should not be flicked off and certainly not for aging and disinterested Liam Ryan who WC are clearing shopping around.

Totally obsessed is an exaggeration lol

I just don't think he's going to make it and he's in one of the easiest positions to fill.

Plenty of average pace inside mids with poor disposal win award after award at state level, but don't cut it at AFL level.

He might end up making it, you never really know at this age, but we are in a window now and can't really afford to be gifting games for development, and Erasmus has proven to be one of the worst subs I have ever seen.

What is best for Erasmus is to go to a developing side that will give him enough game time to hopefully develop in to an AFL player.

Fremantle are tight with list spots, so if we could change one spot from a developing player who likely never makes it and is in an easily filled role anyway, to a player that could immediately fill a hole in our list, it's a win in my book.

Seems from previous posts, Liam Ryan has off field issues? I haven't heard or is it well hidden
Well hidden in plain site that the West Australian lightly touched on. Partner abuse, drink driving.
Was a few years ago, you know the West will drag it up again if he was to cross over.

I don't agree with having players from other clubs come in and be the highest paid but that's just the reality. We always have to overpay to attract them to come here.
This is where I disagree. You say our existing players have to be prepared to make sacrifices then say it's a reality that we have to overpay players coming in from other clubs.

We are building a very capable and connected young squad, I'd hate to see it destabilised fir the sake of one or two "guns" who may or may not fit in.

Look what Crazy Vossy did at Brisbane bringing in Fevola...

Edit: In case anyone has forgotten.

Voss was asked whether he regretted recruiting Fevola, a move that ultimately led to the departures of Daniel Bradshaw, Lachlan Henderson, Michael Rischitelli and Jared Brennan and will also ensure years of salary cap headaches.

"I don't know about regret. You recruit a player hoping that he will make the club better ... clearly we didn't get that (from the Fevola deal)," he said.

This is where I disagree. You say our existing players have to be prepared to make sacrifices then say it's a reality that we have to overpay players coming in from other clubs.

We are building a very capable and connected young squad, I'd hate to see it destabilised fir the sake of one or two "guns" who may or may not fit in.

Look what Crazy Vossy did at Brisbane bringing in Fevola...

Edit: In case anyone has forgotten.

Voss was asked whether he regretted recruiting Fevola, a move that ultimately led to the departures of Daniel Bradshaw, Lachlan Henderson, Michael Rischitelli and Jared Brennan and will also ensure years of salary cap headaches.

"I don't know about regret. You recruit a player hoping that he will make the club better ... clearly we didn't get that (from the Fevola deal)," he said.
Fevola was a known problem. There is no 'problem' with Bolton, Baker or Warner..

Totally agreed. Andrew Brayshaw should not be taking unders.

But I disagree with your characterisation of Bolton and Warner as mercenaries.
Did you actually read my post? I did not characterise them as mercenaries.

Anyway, judging from the responses I didn't make my point well, I'll leave it at that :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never said anything about lowballing him. You make it sound as though I said offer him 300k a year. To me it looks like Brayshaw has put off the extension until after trade week and the draft to give the club flexibility to make things happen. Then once that's all done he signs on with a possible small haircut depending on what gets done. These guys are driven by winning so I doubt getting 900k a year instead of 1m is gonna be more important to him.

Doesn’t even need to be a haircut at the end of the day - even just the added flexibility of structuring his deal after knowing a) how trade period pans out, and b) how any recruits contracts are structured, gives us the best opportunity to give Andy a long term deal while managing the cap

Comparing Ryan to Matera is just being silly.

If you really believe that because of one stat then yeah...

Have you watched them both play?

Have watched them play, which is why I know they are both lazy campaigners I wouldn't want near the team despite their obvious talents.

Career stats

Games ---------103------144
Disposals-------11.3-----14.3
Goals-----------1.32-----1.18
Behinds--------0.81------0.9
Tackles---------1.96-----2.33

One of these sets of stats is a bloke who is apparently worth blowing up the culture for. The other is Brandon Matera.

Is Martin the reason we haven't signed Sturt? If so that's depressing.
I'll be giving the vent thread a thrashing if that happened.

Last edited:
So they would play the same amount of game time as Martin would always be injured.
Might get a few average games from Martin. He'd also cost us absolutely **** all rather than gifting West Coast a decent pick.

Reckon Ryan is probably second round territory if West Coast can downplay his off field issues enough. It's not what I'd pay given the risk.

Martin is DFA territory, maybe a future 4th if Carlton and whoever he goes to want to get it done a few weeks earlier.

Might get a few average games from Martin. He'd also cost us absolutely **** all rather than gifting West Coast a decent pick.

Reckon Ryan is probably second round territory if West Coast can downplay his off field issues enough. It's not what I'd pay given the risk.

Martin is DFA territory, maybe a future 4th if Carlton and whoever he goes to want to get it done a few weeks earlier.
Let me be clear. I don't want either.

Trade radio might actually have a bit to discuss this year. Contracted "stars" that could be moving
  • Bolton
  • Warner
  • Houston
  • Lukoscious
  • Barrass

Seems FA has fully taken over uncontracted status though as most names that seem to be moving while uncontracted are UFAs.

Would be great to have a trade period bombshell that ISNT a Freo player for once as well

Liam Ryan might fade into oblivion or he might recapture his form. In a competitive team that wins more than it loses, I’d imagine he’d do well. If Willy Rioli can transition to Port successfully, Liam Ryan can to us too.

I’d take Ryan, Bolton and Baker. With Warner coming next year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back