Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How did Warner do tonight? 2 goals and 33 disposals looks like a good game?
Pretty mediocre like the rest of the Swans for the first 3 quarters, but must have turned it on in the last. I don't know for sure, I switched off in disgust when the Swans went 5 goals down.

How did Warner do tonight? 2 goals and 33 disposals looks like a good game?
In the nicest way possible (and there is no nice way to say this), before tonight I thought he was leaning too far into the "handpass receive" aspect of his game and not demonstrating the toughness and work in the contest that he had shown previously. Kinda become a pattern for him: up until last year he had improved steadily year-on-year in contested possessions, clearances and tackles, this year he's down compared to both 2022 and 2023 on all 3 metrics.

Tonight, especially late on, there was none of that. Played genuine hard footy, got a clutch holding the ball, and still had the offensive impact we know he's capable of. That's the player I want: the superstar who can also be the workhorse when it's needed. We've got a midfield group that are all stars in their own right but when it's their turn to let someone else shine they can do it, and while Warner is a prodigious talent you'd want him to buy into that.

He's probably had better games this season, but idk if he's had more important games. Reflected what he had shown in the 2022 GF: when the chips are down, he's the guy that can lift.

Lol no he didn't

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was part of a group of 4-5 players that massively lifted in the last 10-15 minutes IMO.

Heeney was the biggest star of that last quarter.

He didn’t exactly do a heap but I reckon McDonald going back to where he belongs was massive too.

I do not agree it's elite, if you have something showing it's elite I'd be interested

Probably a good replacement

Ok? Likewise, it's not the first time I've disagreed on something you've said, I think saying it's a long bow is hardly demeaning or aggressive. Dont even understand your point

I would agree we score more but I'm not sure the overall result is positive. Edit: And again, I have from the start of this interaction, said I'm torn as I can see pro's and cons. i dont think this is a big deal and he's not coming here anywayI\

I do not agree it's elite, if you have something showing it's elite I'd be interested

Probably a good replacement

Ok? Likewise, it's not the first time I've disagreed on something you've said, I think saying it's a long bow is hardly demeaning or aggressive. Dont even understand your point

I would agree we score more but I'm not sure the overall result is positive. Edit: And again, I have from the start of this interaction, said I'm torn as I can see pro's and cons. i dont think this is a big deal and he's not coming here anyway
Yeah I pretty much disagree with every point you've made here. So Ill just leave it at that and move on.

Yeah I pretty much disagree with every point you've made here. So Ill just leave it at that and move on.
To be fair you made a few out there propositions and then didn't provide any backing for them.

Would love to see why you think our forward pressure is elite as others asked.

Lukosius certainly has talent, but what makes you think it's all coaching that means he hasn't come on?

Thinking of Warner in purple after tonight gave me a huge stiffy.

Get it done.

Trade stkilda's second and next years f2 to get a f1 from anyone who wants it. 5 first round picks over 2 years.
2 for bolton and 2 for warner and lets us take one to comply with trading rules.

book your flights to melbourne for the next 4 years.

To be fair you made a few out there propositions and then didn't provide any backing for them.

Would love to see why you think our forward pressure is elite as others asked.

Lukosius certainly has talent, but what makes you think it's all coaching that means he hasn't come on?
Im quoting the stats said on telecasts. Ive looked and cant find those stats online as in any forward pressure stats. Lukosius was being referred to as an elite young forward in 2022 and up until when he was moved into the backline in the second half of 2023. Yep playing him in defence was a mistake. He also battled an achilles injury that wiped out his last preseason. He's an elite talent when fully fit just like he showed in 2022.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warner was huge tonight! The Swans may have woke up again. Huge end to the year coming up.

The news seems to be that this is not the year for us getting Warner. If we can I would give them what we need to in order to get it done.

2 firsts and a future second? High cost but adding him to our midfield would be ridiculous.

Warner was huge tonight! The Swans may have woke up again. Huge end to the year coming up.

The news seems to be that this is not the year for us getting Warner. If we can I would give them what we need to in order to get it done.

2 firsts and a future second? High cost but adding him to our midfield would be ridiculous.
Swans got a bit lucky in the last quarter and once again the umpires missed a clear 50 metre penalty in another inept performance that was extremely costly.

Swans got a bit lucky in the last quarter and once again the umpires missed a clear 50 metre penalty in another inept performance that was extremely costly.

The one late BT was going on about? That was never a 50.

Call me naive, but I wouldn't expect 'Baker and pick 12 for Eagles pick 3' from even the nuffiest Tigers supporters on Bigfooty, let alone somebody who's actually paid to give their opinion.

... 8 and 13 for Bolton I'd do in a heartbeat though
8 and 13 for Warner...maybe, with an exchange of later/future picks, yeah I could see that. It's an overpay but one that's worth it IMO.

8 and 13 for Bolton? That's a worse overpay and very much not worth it for his level of inconsistency. As seen last week we need on field leadership and I don't think Bolton fills that need.

The one late BT was going on about? That was never a 50.
That legitimately just felt like watching the game next to a couple of Pies fans: It felt like something a couple of desperate mug punters say in hope when their team is down. There wasn't anything remotely close to 50 in that but they were trying to will it into being.

Atrocious commentary centred on the Victorian team as per usual for Channel 7

That legitimately just felt like watching the game next to a couple of Pies fans: It felt like something a couple of desperate mug punters say in hope when their team is down. There wasn't anything remotely close to 50 in that but they were trying to will it into being.

Atrocious commentary centred on the Victorian team as per usual for Channel 7
Personally I disagree, I thought it should have been called.
But I don't see it much differently to the one Pies avoided against North Melbourne, so swings and roundabouts.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back