Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that's insane but it seems like that's what they want to do. More so with Pickett, at 23, he can be part of the next core. Absolutely no reason to trade him whatsoever

Why would Richmond trade out Bolton with out getting an absolutely egregious offer?

What you makes you think they will be reasonable.

Why would Richmond trade out Bolton with out getting an absolutely egregious offer?

What you makes you think they will be reasonable.
Because he is older (even if only a few years), because he's actually from WA so can play the family card and because they want picks.

The 3 years difference means Pickett is young enough to be around when contending again (if they were resetting, which they aren't anyway, making even more impossible).

Don't think I've seen a contracted player come out during the season and confirm he wants a trade. He's not even injured, he's going to play this week for Melbourne.

Crazy. Refreshing, but crazy.

If a player who wasn't as loved by his own fans tried it, I wonder if this happens, knowing they'd be getting booed.

Also wonder if Bolton does something similar now haha! Doubt it though

Don't think I've seen a contracted player come out during the season and confirm he wants a trade. He's not even injured, he's going to play this week for Melbourne.

Crazy. Refreshing, but crazy.

If a player who wasn't as loved by his own fans tried it, I wonder if this happens, knowing they'd be getting booed.

Also wonder if Bolton does something similar now haha! Doubt it though
Even more so, that Melbourne themselves did a press release on it. Reads like the trade is basically done already.

Richmond seem keen to be silly over Bolton so we'll have to play the stupid games on that one by the looks

They are in full rebuild mode and Melbourne still think they can compete for a flag in 2025.

Make no mistake Richmond getting pick 7 would be massive. They’ll ask for more just because they can but if they want that pick 7 they’re going to have to be reasonable in what else they ask for.

He’s contracted but that doesn’t mean they can double what the trade price is and we’ll just play ball. If it’s unreasonable what Richmond ask for Id expect us to walk away - knowing the right price is as important as knowing the player we need.

Because he is older (even if only a few years), because he's actually from WA so can play the family card and because they want picks.

The 3 years difference means Pickett is young enough to be around when contending again (if they were resetting, which they aren't anyway, making even more impossible).
I think a few of us have talked to variants of this theme. Richmond can't set a fully extortionate price for Bolton if they actually want the picks. Its not like Carlton and Gibbs for instance. Carlton had already finished bottom 4 four seasons in a row to 2017. They could take or leave it. Richmond don't have that luxury, they are really compelled to taking the majority of their picks in the next 2 years. The pressure is particularly on for this year with the near universal predictions of a deep draft.

The idea they're going to be getting a bazillion first round picks from trading Bolton and a couple of other middling players seems like a fantasy aimed at generating clicks for Richmond fans, given the national footy media is in fact just the Melb media, rather than an actual thing. They're not in a particularly strong negotiation position imo.

Make no mistake Richmond getting pick 7 would be massive. They’ll ask for more just because they can but if they want that pick 7 they’re going to have to be reasonable in what else they ask for.

He’s contracted but that doesn’t mean they can double what the trade price is and we won’t walk away.
Yep i dont think this one would get done early IF it was to happen

IMO the recurring injuries to Darcy are due to playing him too soon when he’s underdone, this is 100% on the MC refusing to play Reidy instead and letting Darcy have a decent chance of getting fit, instead they rush him back ASAP because Jackson isn’t a #1 ruck. Playing Voss as second ruck just confirmed that they have some mental block when it comes to playing Reidy and it’s derailed our season.

Agree 100%. Players like Brayshaw can carry a niggle and still play a role. Darcy can't, if he's not right play Reidy it's fairly simple.

I think Darcy is definitely a victim of the club being too keen to bring him back because they're too scared we'll struggle without him, I do think they just need to show some faith in Knobel or Reidy to do the job while he's out, so he can FULLY recover.

Is the club reluctant to play Reidy partly due to if he plays really well on peanuts it puts more focus on the decision to pay our 2 other ruckmen $1.8M?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a few of us have talked to variants of this theme. Richmond can't set a fully extortionate price for Bolton if they actually want the picks. Its not like Carlton and Gibbs for instance. Carlton had already finished bottom 4 four seasons in a row to 2017. They could take or leave it. Richmond don't have that luxury, they are really compelled to taking the majority of their picks in the next 2 years. The pressure is particularly on for this year with the near universal predictions of a deep draft.

The idea they're going to be getting a bazillion first round picks from trading Bolton and a couple of other middling players seems like a fantasy aimed at generating clicks for Richmond fans, given the national footy media is in fact just the Melb media, rather than an actual thing. They're not in a particularly strong negotiation position imo.
100%, it's the same disappointment WC fans are setting themselves up for with Barrass. It's not just a one way street here, we have something they want just like we want Bolton.

Having said that, Walls is a teddy bear when trading for players, it will be more than most on here are comfortable with.

Is it considered a deep draft this year? Cal Twomey saying there are lots of players who could potentially go pick 1 to me suggests it's a mediocre draft that lacks star power?

100%, it's the same disappointment WC fans are setting themselves up for with Barrass. It's not just a one way street here, we have something they want just like we want Bolton.

Having said that, Walls is a teddy bear when trading for players, it will be more than most on here are comfortable with.

The Collingwood and Port picks with a F3 coming back looks fair for Bolton.

There's a lot to play out yet with our draft hand. We could have 7, 10 and 12 or we could have 10, 17 and 18.

If they thought Reidy was going to improve our chances of winning, something that directly affects their careers and livelihoods he would umm be in the side...
When the alternative choice is Taberner, I don't really know if that holds up.

Is the club reluctant to play Reidy partly due to if he plays really well on peanuts it puts more focus on the decision to pay our 2 other ruckmen $1.8M?
I have no idea, I just think they need to be willing to give Reidy a go, stop rushing Darcy back and increasing his likelihood of reinjuring himself, let him get to 100% first.

I will say at least everyone that said we were a better side with Jackson in the full time role without Darcy can eat crow, Jackson has shown he's better being utilised as a secondary, he can't do it on his own.

I have no idea, I just think they need to be willing to give Reidy a go, stop rushing Darcy back and increasing his likelihood of reinjuring himself, let him get to 100% first.

I will say at least everyone that said we were a better side with Jackson in the full time role without Darcy can eat crow, Jackson has shown he's better being utilised as a secondary, he can't do it on his own.

Jackson doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the shed, the lack of clarity warming up as a forward then finding out half an hour before bouncedown that he's carrying the ruck isn't ideal for his focus and preparation.

Jackson doesn't come across as the sharpest tool in the shed, the lack of clarity warming up as a forward then finding out half an hour before bouncedown that he's carrying the ruck isn't ideal for his focus and preparation.
The best way to describe Jackson is a golden retriever I've heard people say, not a lot going on up top, but happy to be there and perform. But I agree, it definitely doesn't help having that uncertainty of what role you're playing up to an hour before the game starts.

Strange the whole Warner scenario seems to completely exist outside of the Twomey / Gettable sphere.

He’s still on the “our first three picks for Bolton and Baker” train - while most sources closer to the club say we are potentially further along with Warner, who is our priority - and Bolton didn’t come into the picture until recently.

Twomey basically said come back next year, which is what most who have an opinion think. It's only Snuffaluphagus and his West Coast mates that think its live this year.

It seems insane that we cooked the ruck call twice in two weeks and lost both games by not much. Lost the ruck battle in both of them so I think the coaching group needs to take the blame. It's not like Darcy wasn't under a cloud all week anyway and he got injured in the warm up.

That meant three changes to the forwardline in a week. That's too many.

Twomey basically said come back next year, which is what most who have an opinion think. It's only Snuffaluphagus and his West Coast mates that think its live this year.
Scuse me Felicia, but I believe WC mates think it's live this year, I think there's no chance unless we hear Barrass or Trac are moving to Sydney.

I say one of Bolton or Warner is in purple next year because I think the only way Bolton isn't in purple is because something has happened with Warner.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back