Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not saying he was an amazing superstar, but please, name me one key forward since Pav that made the All Australian squad.

I honestly don't care if he made a squad of 40 once as he wasn't even close to that 40 in any other of the 11 seasons he played for us. Put it this way, he's about 50% as good as Tim Membrey imo who is solid.

I honestly don't care if he made a squad of 40 once as he wasn't even close to that 40 in any other of the 11 seasons he played for us. Put it this way, he's about 50% as good as Tim Membrey imo who is solid.
He had some good seasons with us, but you're too close minded to even acknowledge it. It's a shame really, because you've decided any covid season doesn't count, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

He would have had a better career than 82% of players drafted.

Not the best, not the worst player. A good journey man career.

1723613300879.png

I can think of two players in the last ten years who weren't picked for the All Australian side but won a brownlow medal.

But Taberner is clearly and obviously the best tall forward we have had since Pavlich, until Amiss and now Treacy.

He had some good seasons with us, but you're too close minded to even acknowledge it. It's a shame really, because you've decided any covid season doesn't count, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever

Caleb Serong never won the rising star because 2020 didn’t count. Same logic but if I was posting this seriously suddenly 2020 does actually count.

I’m a bit late to this conversation but I cannot understand how anyone is actually disagreeing with you.

Taberner was AFL standard, especially from 2019 to early 2022, and anyone that says otherwise is a moron like you said.

He shouldn’t be playing for us in 2024 but that’s not a reason to go and post inaccurate statements regarding Taberner on this board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had A good season when the conditions were nothing like a normal season. I can admit he had a good season, but he has been on the list for 12, so I am also pretty comfortable saying he was poor to average for his career.

Is it considered a deep draft this year? Cal Twomey saying there are lots of players who could potentially go pick 1 to me suggests it's a mediocre draft that lacks star power?

The draft lacks some absoloute star power like reid or JHF, but it's is very deep with top 15 level players of past years going deep in to the 30s apparently.

All the Tabs talk is ignoring that he was going at almost 3 goals a game before getting injured the next year. It wasn’t just 2020 and done. It was a decent two year period where everything finally clicked that got cut short by injuries.
both 2018 and 2019 he got going with some really good form before he did his foot both times. from 2018 - 2022 when his body allowed him to get out there he was a really good option for us, right until his back/hip issues brought everything to a halt in 2022 around the Melbourne game and he's never been the same since.

typing that out, our mehish form in 22 coincides with his injury issues coming to ahead doesn't.

He made a squad of 40 in the shortened covid season where he kicked 16 goals. Nothing in that season counts. He has never been a good footballer.
He was, but injuries were cruel to him. When he got consistently on the park, he would perform. He didn’t have muscular injuries, rather stress fractures and back due to overtraining/ running early every pre season.
He’s a Rookie ffs. If Zac Clarke had his work ethic, then he would’ve been 10x the player he was, but unfortunately not all AFL players do.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back