Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Who cares.
This annoys me to no end.
Dustin Martin was chopsticking people and out on the grog.
Fremantle would’ve just throw him out.
Instead he’s the best clutch player of all time having played 300 games.
De Goey is the same. Guess what?
Stringer, De Goey and Martin have all won premierships.

Sick of this culture where players have to be nice and respectful. Where has that gotten us?

Getting nice guys like JOM, Switta because they fit the culture plus Alex Pearce as our captain, who’s such a chill guy.

Don’t have one big game cocky player.
West Coast got Harley Reid and he wants to be that. I can’t say one player on the team is willing to be a dickhead and drag his team across the line. Dangerfield did this two weeks ago as well.

Stringer kicked 4 v Ryan in that 1 point loss. De Goey destroyed our midfield in the 2022 Semi Final.

That’s the difference really.

Would love to get Warner. He has that swagger and confidence to just be a big game winner. Then finally can push out spurs like JOM, Banfield out of the side
Agree 100% on this

We need to bring in some dickheads

I would kill for a Butters or Reid or Ginnivan type antagonist that gets under people's skin and fires the team up

Sick of being a nice club 😒

Agree 100% on this

We need to bring in some dickheads

I would kill for a Butters or Reid or Ginnivan type antagonist that gets under people's skin and fires the team up

Sick of being a nice club 😒
I mean we had Hayden Ballentyne who was great at doing that and firing everyone else up. We do miss those types of players I agree

The one I've been thinking about for a few weeks but didn't want to bring up because I do like Coops is Mannagh

Jeez we missed a trick here, he is EXACTLY what we need in our forward line, pressure small forward who kicks goals

Coops hopefully turns into it but imagine trading Shoota out and then with the pick we got for him we drafted an instant replacement AND got pick 10

Gotta give Cats credit, they don't play around, they didn't care he was 27, backed themselves in to rise up the ladder this year and could see he would play a role.

We can't give away picks 9,10 for Bolton. We still need to keep adding elite talent.

If the following players were not contracted for 2024 (I know some are not), would they be on our list:

• JOM
  • Aish
  • Hughes
  • Emmett
  • Corbett
  • Walters
  • Fyfe
  • Worner
  • Kuek
  • Stanley
  • Delean - is he going to make it?
I hope Walls is clear eyed about where our list sits. We have some elite talent, but too many triers who can't handle playing against better teams.
How much is JOM on? There’s no way he’s worth the next two years.

Definitely gone:
Hughes
Corbett
Taberner

Rookie:
Stanley
Kuek

Should go:
JOM
Brodie (he’s gone anyway)

We need players who play for the guernsey, outside of a few, it seems like it's nothing more than a job to them, there's no passion and no heart in a lot of their performances.

Now campaigners I know the last thing you'd ever want is a Carlton fan showing their face around ur forums but I come in peace...

I've been reading about Switta potentially leaving end of season for months on here now and wondering what you'd think would be the asking price? Our 2nd rounder (31) be enough to get it over the line? I know he's rated a bit funnily given he's a low goal scoring half forward who's primarily there for his link up play and pressure which he's one of the best at. But goals are always seen as the primary form of value for small forwards...

We have a history of trading between each other with relative good faith deals and we have a need for some better small forwards given Motlops a chubby campaigner and Owies is useless outside of a set shot 30m out. Reckon theres any chance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now campaigners I know the last thing you'd ever want is a Carlton fan showing their face around ur forums but I come in peace...

I've been reading about Switta potentially leaving end of season for months on here now and wondering what you'd think would be the asking price? Our 2nd rounder (31) be enough to get it over the line? I know he's rated a bit funnily given he's a low goal scoring half forward who's primarily there for his link up play and pressure which he's one of the best at. But goals are always seen as the primary form of value for small forwards...

We have a history of trading between each other with relative good faith deals and we have a need for some better small forwards given Motlops a chubby campaigner and Owies is useless outside of a set shot 30m out.
Owies is useless outside of 30m?
Well that’s Switta to a tee.
He can’t kick goals when on the run from 40 out, even worst 35m out set shot. He won’t dramatically improve the forward line.

We have a history of trading between each other with relative good faith deals and we have a need for some better small forwards given Motlops a chubby campaigner and Owies is useless outside of a set shot 30m out.

With how the market is vastly overrating players at the moment I can't see how 31 would get it done. We would be wanting a late 1st or early 2nd minimum.

We have a history of trading between each other with relative good faith deals and we have a need for some better small forwards given Motlops a chubby campaigner and Owies is useless outside of a set shot 30m out. Reckon theres any chance?
Leave our players alone

Owies is useless outside of 30m?
Well that’s Switta to a tee.
He can’t kick goals when on the run from 40 out, even worst 35m out set shot. He won’t dramatically improve the forward line.
Owies and Switta are very different players though. Owies is a pure goal sneak who basically gets the leftovers from Curnow and Mckay but provides SFA up the field and is diabolically selfish at times.

Switta is not as much a goal scorer, but is 10x the player in terms of work up the field and creating scores for others.

My view on it atleast

I agree with nothing you've said...except for the first bit.

With how the market is vastly overrating players at the moment I can't see how 31 would get it done. We would be wanting a late 1st or early 2nd minimum.
I feel like I would too as a Freo supporter... But 28 year old small forward who's about to be replaced by Shai Bolton and Liam Baker? I just can't see you guys putting up much of a fight if you were able to secure both those names and he wanted to head home.

I feel like I would too as a Freo supporter... But 28 year old small forward who's about to be replaced by Shai Bolton and Liam Baker? I just can't see you guys putting up much of a fight if you were able to secure both those names and he wanted to head home.
Agreed.

If Switta wants out (presuming Bolton is on the way in) I doubt we'll make too much of a fuss.

A pick around 25 - 30 will do it.

We have some interest in Jack Martin apparently so he could be involved somewhere unless he is delisted.

We are looking at Garcia aren’t we? Where did I hear that?

You're only pointing out the absolute apex of performance. There were still a lot of games Fyfe and Walters (especially Fyfe) had significant positive contributions throughout the season. And just on those specific standout games, we've had 14 players receive coaches votes in multiple games this year. They're 2 of those 14.

Also to me, I don't think it's that difficult to anticipate which matches they'd generally be worse in. Fyfe got 10+ CPs in every game pre-bye that he wasn't either subbed off or on in. He did the same once post-bye (vs Sydney). Sonny magically looked a lot better in the full games he played when he wasn't clearly hampered with the hand issues.

Playing basically every game when fit, playing through injuries, fairly high centre bounce attendance, getting the run-with/defensively orientated role for whole games...does that sound like the sort of thinking that gives them the best shot of contributing in a limited but high impact manner? Or does it sound like the sort of dumb decisions that give their old bodies further hurdles to overcome, and then we have to pretend to be shocked when they don't consistently overcome them.

Especially in a team like this one that seems to need winning experience (not JOM's experience), I think strongarming them out of here is dumb. If they want to retire on their own volition and think they can't go next season, it should be completely their own free choice, not the club trying to "push them out with dignity".

Fyfe is definitely useful when the ball is in tight, the problem I see (maybe just because it sticks out so much when it happens) is that any player with any speed just turns him into a witches hat once it breaks. An absolutely liability on the outside. Mundy had the same problem at the end.

Now I am not sure how the coaches balance that out, but Fyfe is very obviously a compromised player now. Maybe the inside work is worth it, but its so painful seeing him get torched like that all the time. We are one of the easiest teams to score against from stoppage this year and that's got to be a big part of it. I want more than that from a starting mid, that's all I'm saying.

With Sonny its harder to tell because on TV I only see him when directly involved but he's been fine when we're on top but seems to find it really hard to find space the rest of the time and is largely ineffectual.

The selfish part is me not wanting their legacies torched, so I do agree it's their call (and the clubs).

We're absolute pansies when signing players or with our players OOC. However, Switta is in contract: 5 first rounders.

In all seriousness, he's probably as good as Schultz but in a different way (even though I'm filthy over the missed set shot). My guess is we'd ask for an F1 from a team like you.

Fair trades between Carlton and Freo - **** off.

Players similar to Cerra almost always get two first rounders with a trade pick coming back the other way.

Acres went for a future 4th rounder. Real fair that one was.

They can go **** themselves.

Hope Brisbane beats them by 200 points in two weeks time and someone completely flattens Cripps. It's what those w***ers deserve.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back