Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

“We’ll certainly be going hard at the targets we think are appropriate. But we won’t be doing it at all costs. “We’ve got to make sure that if you do have the opportunity to bring experienced talent into your club, it’s got to be at the right price".

From the mouth of Garlick.

We won't be using 3 first round picks on one player.

Petracca at his age and contract is kinda fukt.
I didn’t realise he was 29. Though he was like 27.

Who’s going to give two firsts plus for a 29 year old?
29 for next year. You are probably getting 3 years of a top 5 player before it falls off rapidly. Top 5 players don't become available too often.

It's a big price but if you're firmly in the window, it's worth a throw at the stumps IMO

Everyone's metabolism is different.

And a lot do, it also depends on how quickly they can burn it back off.

Would have learnt a lot about this season I'm sure.

From this, you are implying Darcy is literally the only injured AFL player with a poor metabolism?

There are ~ 600 AFL players over 20yo and 598 of them are ripped. But Sean has the only dodgy metabolism?

How is this even a thing?

“We’ll certainly be going hard at the targets we think are appropriate. But we won’t be doing it at all costs. “We’ve got to make sure that if you do have the opportunity to bring experienced talent into your club, it’s got to be at the right price".

From the mouth of Garlick.

We won't be using 3 first round picks on one player.

Remember, you can give 3 firsts and get stuff back that makes it worth our while.

29 for next year. You are probably getting 3 years of a top 5 player before it falls off rapidly. Top 5 players don't become available too often.

It's a big price but if you're firmly in the window, it's worth a throw at the stumps IMO
Yep.

As an example, if Freo landed Trac (wouldn't happen, will be Pies or Blues), you'd retire Fyfe immediately. And likely tell Warner to sign on until Free Agency.

From this, you are implying Darcy is literally the only injured AFL player with a poor metabolism?

There are ~ 600 AFL players over 20yo and 598 of them are ripped. But Sean has the only dodgy metabolism?

Remember, you can give 3 firsts and get stuff back that makes it worth our while.
Not 9, 10 and 17

Everyone's metabolism is different.

And a lot do, it also depends on how quickly they can burn it back off.

Would have learnt a lot about this season I'm sure.
I'm overweight but have good knees

Have you seen Oliver this year?
Rioli?
There's a few more.

More that maybe he didn't realise how much he had to cut back while not being able to run, and/or thought it would burn off quickly. Thing is though, he still hasn't been able to run.

Maybe he won't lose it, and we move on form him, but he deserves a chance given how hard he's worked in the past.

Person that size and height having 5kg extra you wouldn’t even notice it. Hell he probably poops that much out in the morning.
At least 15-20 in Sean’s case and that makes a difference on the knees, especially dodgy ones.
It’s unprofessional by him and that hurts.
Turn it up. Absolute absurdity. Do you have any idea how much volume 20 kg of fat occupies? Thats 22 litres. I reckon we'd have noticed if he'd strapped eleven 2 litre cartons of milk on under his jumper. People need to get a grip.

I'm overweight but have good knees
I put on 10kg when I did my ankle, and another 5 in the 12 months after from not being able to run because of the extra kegs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or that space can be used to attract another big name player (likely next year) while front-loading any extensions of existing players.

Sure Sturt would like a nice bonus next year to buy a house before going back to something more reasonable. (as an example)
How though? With a pick 10 next year and futures?

Means we're paying 9, 10, 17 for Bolton and expecting to get another big name in with a heap less to trade with.

I know there's lots of moving parts each year but doesn't quite fit.

How though? With a pick 10 next year and futures?

Means we're paying 9, 10, 17 for Bolton and expecting to get another big name in with a heap less to trade with.

I know there's lots of moving parts each year but doesn't quite fit.
Or a free agent.

And yes, 2x first round picks for an out of contract player would be enough.

I put on 10kg when I did my ankle, and another 5 in the 12 months after from not being able to run because of the extra kegs
God help me if I do a knee then.

That’s why I want to get him on ozempic and get a proper season into him so he can lose weight. I’m not gonna put him on the trade table just because he’s overweight
Holy moley that is a horrendous idea.

Darcy commented mid-year that he had just given up drinking beer to lose weight. If he continues to keep away from the beer and he has a good preseason, he will come back a lot slimmer.

Or a free agent.

And yes, 2x first round picks for an out of contract player would be enough.
We need to use a first rounder on a kid in the next year or two yeah?

No source but if we contemplate using 3 picks for Bolton we would need 5 first rounders for Warner.

If we use 3 on Bolton its clearly no Chad this year. Next year he is OOC so he'll be cheaper.
Not 9, 10 and 17

The salary is likely of significant value.

Also, that pick 21 they have is juicy, could conceivably be worth more than 17.

Have you seen Oliver this year?
Rioli?
There's a few more.

More that maybe he didn't realise how much he had to cut back while not being able to run, and/or thought it would burn off quickly. Thing is though, he still hasn't been able to run.

Maybe he won't lose it, and we move on form him, but he deserves a chance given how hard he's worked in the past.

597/600 then

Yeah I've seen Oliver, he's about a quarter the player he used to be.
Rioli is also coasting on talent.

I said I'm happy to give him 2025 to take it seriously, but I'm cutting him loose if he can't or if Chad was available this year.

I'm hoping there is some kind of way Petracca can be convinced to go to Sydney, but they can only fit him in with the release of Warner. Probably a remote chance, but anyway ...

Sounds like he has started with "big Melbourne club", but the Pies is honestly a stupid decision for him apart from the crowd sizes. They could fall off a cliff at any moment. Carlton makes sense, but how do they fit him in the salary cap? McKay has said no. No big names will want to go to the sinking ship at Melbourne. How big are the brown paper bags down at Carlton? Bombers are a joke. So are Richmond. Hawks maybe?

Can he come to the realisation that Sydney would be a good fit? If he is so traumatised by the incident/surgery, and had to get away to Noosa for some relief, then maybe he can see that moving to Sydney will be a good sea change. Have a chat with Grundy.

I don't think his age and limited (3-5 years) career remaining should put Sydney off. Their proper window might align. They are still reliant to a degree on 30+ year olds like Grundy, Parker, Rampe, Adams, Lloyd, Cunningham. Heeney and Papely are only a few months younger than Petracca.

If we use 3 on Bolton its clearly no Chad this year. Next year he is OOC so he'll be cheaper.

The salary is likely of significant value.

Also, that pick 21 they have is juicy, could conceivably be worth more than 17.

597/600 then

Yeah I've seen Oliver, he's about a quarter the player he used to be.
Rioli is also coasting on talent.

I said I'm happy to give him 2025 to take it seriously, but I'm cutting him loose if he can't or if Chad was available this year.
Nah I would try an put 10 into next year and bring in something lower for Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back