• Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Petracca is real.
It's going on and on, so where there is smoke
Yeah, absolutely real.

But Expect Melbourne to dig in their heels. Just signed Viney and Gawn, they want to go again.

Losing Petracca would have to result in a massive win for them.

And GLP-1 is not currently WADA banned. They'll look for it for their own data but its' not banned. For an athlete like Sean we actually want him eating enough to service quite a large frame and muscle - just needs to lose the excess calories from drinking or making poor choices with food.

We don't want him in a massive deficit such that his body eats his ability to delivery strength.

I just don’t understand anyone who doesn’t want to bring in Bolton. Just look at his resume: 2x premiership player, 8 x Finals (only Walter:13 and Fyfe:11 have played more than this on our list) and still 25 years old (turns 26 in December) Walters turns 34 in January so he’s 8 years younger than Walters. Kicked 40+ goals just two years ago and has kicked 30+ last year and this year in a basket case team.
Yes, his contract is high, but we can renegotiate that by extending and smoothing or buying cap from space from Richmond (who seem willing)
I personally hope it’s our first and last 1st rounder but can see a world where we pony up best two picks if Richmond pay some serious money ($400+ for length of contract). It’s just all win-win for a player who addresses our biggest list need.
I want Bolton but not for our 2 best draft picks. Max I would pay is our best 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder whether it be the saints pick or a future 2nd. No good club who actually plays finals pays two top 10 picks for a mid forward.
If we pay two top 10 picks it would be one of the most expensive trades ever, we will look like fools.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, absolutely real.

But Expect Melbourne to dig in their heels. Just signed Viney and Gawn, they want to go again.

Losing Petracca would have to result in a massive win for them.

Last two off seasons they have offered Oliver up for trade and now Tracc wants out. Even if they both stay that is such a big red flag on the club.

Last two off seasons they have offered Oliver up for trade and now Tracc wants out. Even if they both stay that is such a big red flag on the club.
Yeah, it sucks that Rivers and Pickett both signed long deals last year (?)

If they were out of contract, think we'd be a good sniff.

Just saw the pies fans on X demanding a first round pick for John Noble.

Yeah that’s enough nuffie trade talk for today for me thanks. 🙄

From this, you are implying Darcy is literally the only injured AFL player with a poor metabolism?

There are ~ 600 AFL players over 20yo and 598 of them are ripped. But Sean has the only dodgy metabolism?

How is this even a thing?
The big fella just likes to eat and enjoys getting on the piss. It's obvious. The whole argument people are using about him being injured so he can't help but get fat is bullshit. Calories in versus calories out people. Consume too many your body stores the surplus as bodyfat. Consume too few the body burns bodyfat for fuel to compensate. If his metabolism is slow then he needs to be even more switched on when it comes to this stuff.

I still maintain that I'd prefer a chubby 200cm+ player with a big cuddly dad to work with to build an AFL player over the tall twig who comes from parents who look like they come from a long line of vegans.
That was the thinking. Easier and quicker to trim down than build up. Hasn't quite panned out that way yet.

The big fella just likes to eat and enjoys getting on the piss. It's obvious. The whole argument people are using about him being injured so he can't help but get fat is bullshit. Calories in versus calories out people. Consume too many your body stores the surplus as bodyfat. Consume too few the body burns bodyfat for fuel to compensate. If his metabolism is slow then he needs to be even more switched on when it comes to this stuff.

He even came out and said he got on the piss too much. Probably a case of following some other players but not having the body to get away with it.

That was the thinking. Easier and quicker to trim down than build up. Hasn't quite panned out that way yet.

I think it's working, it can work better, but if we could pack size on guys easily then Amiss and Erasmus would be gorillas already and guys like Zac Clarke would be playing AFL still, actually he might have retired a year or so ago by now.

Petracca is real.
It's going on and on, so where there is smoke

The funny thing is according to Sam Edmund on SEN that Melbourne have no idea what his actual issue/s are. You would have to think that if he won't even tell them the problem that he is pretty much out the door mentally.

We need to use a first rounder on a kid in the next year or two yeah?

I believe Chapman-Amiss-Erasmus satisfy the 2-in-previous-4-years rule for the 2024 trade period, and Amiss-Erasmus satisfies the rule for the 2025 trade period. So in theory over the next two years we could trade all our firsts from 2024, 2025 and 2026. Even 2027 (will be allowed in 2025).

But probably wise to use one this year, or we will be falling behind on the rule (which has exemptions, but good luck getting the AFL to give us an exemption for anything). And would be potentially sitting out the first round of the draft for a very long time.

Last edited:
I still maintain that I'd prefer a chubby 200cm+ player with a big cuddly dad to work with to build an AFL player over the tall twig who comes from parents who look like they come from a long line of vegans.

Unless there are on $900k a year allegedly, and only play half the season

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back