Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not great and I’m not saying he walks in to best 22 if freo get Bolton but he adds depth.

People on here overate some of the players on our list so much
I think he's a much better footballer than almost all our small forwards, he's just injured all the time. That's why I'm not keen.

The more I think about it, the more I think I've seen him chase and tackle.

If he backs those numbers up just at Optus next year we arent losing any home games. I wonder if he's genuinely putting in a little more every time he's played at home or if there is some weird reason why he's so good there
The logical assumption its an outlier. Probably boosted somewhat by the fact that we have made the finals once in his career and WC have been bottom 4 since 2022 and haven't made the finals since 2020.

The logical assumption its an outlier. Probably boosted somewhat by the fact that we have made the finals once in his career and WC have been bottom 4 since 2022 and haven't made the finals since 2020.
Also boosted by his game this year where he absolutely busted a gut more than the rest of the year to impress the team he wants to join

It's one thing to have your opinion, but you have some really bizarre takes. In one post you were saying Bolton is a top 80 player in the league, and then you say you don't rate him highly. A player ranked 80th in the league is an excellent player. On pure maths it's in the top 5 players at any club.

And I've given you some stats that do back up what a valuable player he would be. His performances at Optus which are exceptional. Over 8 games, he averages 22 touches, over 2 goals, 112 SC points. He polled coaches votes in 6 of those 8 games, including 31 coaches (6+9+9+7) and 9 Brownlow (3+2+2+1) votes in the 4 games Richmond has won. This is where he will play every 2nd week. But of course you don't care.

I said I don't rate him as highly as others or that is what I meant.

I don't think he is worth multiple first rounds picks, or anything near 1 million dollars. I don't expect him to kick over 35 goals next year for us, and at his likely price he would need to be a 50 goal forward.

I think he is worth one top 10 pick, and about 800k a year. Anything more, is overs. Talk of 3 first rounds picks is massive overs.

People talk him up like he is Jeremy Cameron or Eddie Betts, but both those players kick 50+ goals a year. I don't think Bolton is capable of that.

I understand you don't agree with me, which is fine and you would like Fremantle to pay Bolton more than Jeremy Cameron, Izak Rankine were traded for. That is also fine.

I think if we bring him in at the cost mentioned it will set the club back.

When you add to fact he bring low defensive pressure, is in accurate in front of goal I struggle to see why people rate him so highly that would be willing to give up multiple first round picks for him. To be we are getting into the Weller, Gibbs and Kelly territory and we need to be very careful.

Also boosted by his game this year where he absolutely busted a gut more than the rest of the year to impress the team he wants to join
8 games at Optus look impressive, if he does that next year he will be great. I doubt he does.
Yes, his numbers were probably boosted by playing WC.

Plus when he played us, he got 2 or 3 cheap ones out the back after his team mate did the work for him. Other people rated his 4 goal effort highly, I didn't.

Random.

With GC bringing in 2x HBFers, Could Sexton be pushed out?

Was a half decent forward and now has exposure at a few different roles.
Low pressure though, I think any other forward we bring in (Richards would be nice) has to be a workhorse. We really just need an Emmett but with AFL level disposal and decision making (big preseason needed for Cooper)

No way Bolton doesn't get done this trade period. More concerned about Warner. Eagle's hand will be much better at the end of 2025 unless we move a pick into next year. On the other hand I want to keep some spaee change and see what Wallzy and Liam Woodland (Geelong scout) are cooking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton is inconsistent, lacks defensive pressure and misses plenty of shots at goal.
Come on down Shai, you will fit right in mate.

The thing is he might miss plenty of shots at goal but he also gets a few too. Some of our current players are too frightened to even think about such a radical concept.

I'd say this is probably the best case scenario we have for this trade and free agency period:

• Bolton comes over for two first rounders (we aren't getting him at cheaper)
  • Baker comes over for a decent price (provided he doesn't nominate West Coast)
  • Martin comes over as a delisted free agent (free hit)
  • We re-sign Sturt to a good deal
  • Hold onto Switkowski

Warner isn't happening this year, he can be our primary focus next year, I reckon that's a good period for us.

No way Bolton doesn't get done this trade period. More concerned about Warner. Eagle's hand will be much better at the end of 2025 unless we move a pick into next year. On the other hand I want to keep some spaee change and see what Wallzy and Liam Woodland (Geelong scout) are cooking.
Fact after this draft you can trade 3 years in advance will help. Don’t think Bolton would have gotten this far if wasn’t happening. Richmond are more open to it

Fact after this draft you can trade 3 years in advance will help. Don’t think Bolton would have gotten this far if wasn’t happening. Richmond are more open to it
Richmond know they're in for a long stint at the bottom, might as well clear everybody out that won't be there during the next premiership tilt and focus on developing young talent.

The rumours or made up stories have been bandied about here before. You the likes of, I heard, I read. some told me, I saw. I believe Etc.
But I wonder how many at their final meetings will be asking for a trade out of Fremantle.

The rumours or made up stories have been bandied about here before. You the likes of, I heard, I read. some told me, I saw. I believe Etc.
But I wonder how many at their final meetings will be asking for a trade out of Fremantle.
I imagine at most, fringe players who reckon they can get a game elsewhere, or players who reckon their future isn't best suited to being with us, the only one I can genuinely see having a chance of asking to leave is Switkowski, even then, I doubt he leaves.

The thing is, (and I need to do a post up on the DTFA board), a lot of people are simply passing on information they get.

That info can be distorted through someone else's perception, or hopes.

Information can also change hourly, let alone weekly, as clubs and players pivot. So info that was right yesterday, can look silly tomorrow.

We just need to give people the benefit of the doubt, it's not often that people troll for the sake of it. (and those that do get found out pretty quickly).

Treat them with grace, take it with a grain of salt, and more people may be inclined to share the hints and tips they receive.

Random.

With GC bringing in 2x HBFers, Could Sexton be pushed out?

Was a half decent forward and now has exposure at a few different roles.

He's not been great in any of them recently.

Without having watched a heap of him outside of carving us up a few times, I am guessing he doesn't defend as a forward because he can kick goals.

West Coast aren't going to be any good though and I think that's enough to keep us ahead of them for the next 2-3 years for players like Chad who care about winning.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back