Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Also we're not bringing in nearly 30 year old Martin as depth. Good list management is delisting 30 year depth players not bringing them in.

If he's coming it's because we think a fully fit Jack Martin is best 22.

Think I need to avoid this tread

Here we go again gonna sell the farm for another player who’s desperate to prove himself to the game days and desperate for success days are long gone and is only coming here for lifestyle reasons

Not football reasons

Nice big fat juicy contract , back with fam and his mates lifestyle reasons

I suppose it’s only 3 years since we got bent over for Jackson so I guess we are overdue

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

The logical assumption its an outlier. Probably boosted somewhat by the fact that we have made the finals once in his career and WC have been bottom 4 since 2022 and haven't made the finals since 2020.

It's 8 games over 4 years. While it is a small sample size with the 8 games, when that is spread over 4 years then it carries a bit more weight. The outlier in the dataset is actually the 1 bad game he played at Optus.

There was only really one mauling in there against WC. And on the flipside he kick 7.4 when Richmond were belted twice this year and even if there was some selfishness, he earned coaches votes in both games.

One of the matches was the dreamtime game. Massive game. I went to that match and he lit the place up. Bigger game/atmosphere than any of our H&A games I've been to at the ground (which is every one). Only the Dogs final compared.

And his best game was in a narrow 85-70 win (33 possessions, 1 goal, 5 tackles, 6 clearances, 151 SC points, 9 coaches votes, 2 Brownlow) last year. The goal was in the last 30 seconds, but it was still impressive with a pack mark on the goal line over Riewoldt, Pearce and Treacy.

I agree he is, but chances of him being fully fit?
Almost no chance of getting 20+ games from him but you have 44 players on your list for a reason.

If injuries were why you don't pick him up we would've delisted Pearce years ago. Thank god we aren't that stupid.

My bigger concern is whether he's best 22 and tbh I think that's seriously questionable. If he's not better than Sturt (I don't think he is) I don't think we can afford another player that barely provides defensive pressure in our forward line.

If he's as good as his reputation suggests 5-6 straight games at the right time could win us a flag. Problem is he isn't.

Think I need to avoid this tread

Here we go again gonna sell the farm for another player who’s desperate to prove himself to the game days and desperate for success days are long gone and is only coming here for lifestyle reasons

Not football reasons

Nice big fat juicy contract , back with fam and his mates lifestyle reasons

I suppose it’s only 3 years since we got bent over for Jackson so I guess we are overdue

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
It’s got Des Headland written all over it.

Almost no chance of getting 20+ games from him but you have 44 players on your list for a reason.

If injuries were why you don't pick him up we would've delisted Pearce years ago. Thank god we aren't that stupid.

My bigger concern is whether he's best 22 and tbh I think that's seriously questionable. If he's not better than Sturt (I don't think he is) I don't think we can afford another player that barely provides defensive pressure in our forward line.

If he's as good as his reputation suggests 5-6 straight games at the right time could win us a flag. Problem is he isn't.
I haven't seen a heap of him in the last few years, but I reckon he actually defends ok. I'm quite sure he's much more of an offensive threat than Walters, Emmett, Switta, Banners, JoM, basically anyone other than Sturt.

Honestly, I have no idea if its a good idea or not. I haven't seen enough of him recently because he's always injured. I don't know whether we can get him right or not either.

I haven't seen a heap of him in the last few years, but I reckon he actually defends ok. I'm quite sure he's much more of an offensive threat than Walters, Emmett, Switta, Banners, JoM, basically anyone other than Sturt.

Honestly, I have no idea if its a good idea or not. I haven't seen enough of him recently because he's always injured. I don't know whether we can get him right or not either.
Maybe 'barely provides defensive pressure' was a bit harsh.

To be more to the point though I don't think we can play Treacy, Amiss, Jackson, Sturt and Martin in the same forward line and expect to get enough pressure from the remaining forwards and resting mids. Some of those guys go alright for their size but in that context only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would be the better option
Pick 9 and saints 2nd we pay Bolton full contract
Pick 9 and 10 Richmond pay half so $600k a year

There seems to be a few people on the saints board saying they'll look to cut their losses with collard and trade him out for a third rounder as he obviously doesn't want to be there.
That's odd given there was talk of an extension middle of the season.

I'd be surprised if we're keen given his short stay in the AFL so far and our recruiting habits of late.

That said, was mad keen like everyone else last year so would take the chance for sure.

There seems to be a few people on the saints board saying they'll look to cut their losses with collard and trade him out for a third rounder as he obviously doesn't want to be there.
wakojako your time has come

Also we're not bringing in nearly 30 year old Martin as depth. Good list management is delisting 30 year depth players not bringing them in.

If he's coming it's because we think a fully fit Jack Martin is best 22.
Vomit inducing. Not because you are wrong but because you are absolutely right.

Last edited:
Reading between the lines we were never really interested in him in the first place though?
We couldn't have been. We needed his type of player pretty badly, could easily have had picks in that range from Schultz and just never went near it.

Hasn't exactly covered himself in glory this year (I didn't even know about the body language stuff till just now) so I can't imagine he's gone up in our estimations.

That said, if he becomes available for a throwaway pick at some stage we might be tempted.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back