• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Switkowski I reckon stays.

Sturt is most likely analysing his options, we'll match whatever is offered.

Neither will leave in my opinion, neither of them have any real reason to leave.
I saw Sturt at Woolies buying a large size Vegemite. It will last him a lot longer than trade week.

And like Logue, he hadn't shown enough in terms of fitness/availability and form to warrant an extension yet.

Again, second half of last year was very average if you take out a two week block (which included the eagles demolition). A one year extension was appropriate then. He deserves a multi year after his form this year, but if a cashed up club comes swooping in then he'd be stupid not to take it given his knee issues.
Logue could see the writing on the wall as far as his position on the field was concerned though, in they moved him out of the back line and played him forward.

Think you'll find just about every club in the league does that. They just phrase it differently. "Look how much our players love to be here they're even accepting so much less than they would at other clubs so they can stay!"
DeKonning did for Carlton but Logue didn't for Freo. Both were expecting to play out of position for part of the time. We don't seem to command the same respect. Even Fyfe said he wouldn't take a pay cut to stay at Freo, until he was past it, of course. People on ridiculous length contracts will stay for discount but Cerra and Brayshaw etc had to be paid overs when their first extensions came up.

DeKonning did for Carlton but Logue didn't for Freo. Both were expecting to play out of position for part of the time. We don't seem to command the same respect. Even Fyfe said he wouldn't take a pay cut to stay at Freo, until he was past it, of course. People on ridiculous length contracts will stay for discount but Cerra and Brayshaw etc had to be paid overs when their first extensions came up.
No one at Carlton gets underpaid lol.

The grass is not always greener though.
face crying GIF

No one at Carlton gets underpaid lol.
He took ridiculous unders in legal money
If Switta wants out and Sturt is on the fence, I would trade Switta and give the money to Sturt. I am a little concerned about his knee but you can't control these things.
Depends on what they know about his knee

And like Logue, he hadn't shown enough in terms of fitness/availability and form to warrant an extension yet.

Again, second half of last year was very average if you take out a two week block (which included the eagles demolition). A one year extension was appropriate then. He deserves a multi year after his form this year, but if a cashed up club comes swooping in then he'd be stupid not to take it given his knee issues.
He was actually pretty good in the second half of last year. But there probably wasn't enough to go on for a longer extension, given his injury history.

Gold Coast have 6,13 and 20
Freo 9,10 and 17
Richmond Bolton and Rioli

Here I go:

GC give 6, 20 get Rioli and 17 left with 13,17 values Rioli at ~8

Freo give 9,10,17 get Bolton, 20 and Richmond’s future 2nd values Bolton at ~4

Richmond give Bolton, Rioli future 2nd get 6,9,10

Sprinkle all sorts of later round picks or later round future picks around.

We still have a pick in the first round albeit the last one.

The alternative is sub out 10 for our future first, which would clearly be preferred but I think Tigers will go hard at 9 and 10.

Maybe swap 17 with our future first.

Thoughts?

For us - it means giving up 9 and 10. A 3 pick downgrade late in the first round. Getting Bolton and Richmond’s future 2nd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo 9,10 and 17

Here I go:

The alternative is sub out 10 for our future first, which would clearly be preferred but I think Tigers will go hard at 9 and 10.

Thoughts?

For us - it means giving up 9 and 10. A 3 pick downgrade late in the first round. Getting Bolton and Richmond’s future 2nd.
Nah. Unless they're paying the majority of his Salary there is no way we should be giving up 3 firsts for Bolton, no matter what we get in return.

Nah. Unless they're paying the majority of his Salary there is no way we should be giving up 3 firsts for Bolton, no matter what we get in return.

One of the firsts is a 3 spot downgrade.

Arguably, it’s 9 and 10 for Bolton and their future 2nd, likely a pick around ~25

Freo 9,10 and 17

Here I go:

Thoughts?

Look assuming that Gold Coast will operate with anything resembling logic is a fatal error, but surely for them they should be trying to hang onto pick 6, coz that's basically perfect to pick someone ahead of a Lombard matched bid.

Use whatever's remaining + potential Lukosius trade capital to get Rioli in, get rubbish picks to match Lombard, and then trade any excess capital into 2025.

Look assuming that Gold Coast will operate with anything resembling logic is a fatal error, but surely for them they should be trying to hang onto pick 6, coz that's basically perfect to pick someone ahead of a Lombard matched bid.

Use whatever's remaining + potential Lukosius trade capital to get Rioli in, get rubbish picks to match Lombard, and then trade any excess capital into 2025.

Agree with them keeping 6. You’d think 13 is about right for Rioli.

Use 6 on best available. Build points after pick 20.

That’s the obvious play. We have pretty obvious play too with 9 and 17 being on play for Bolton and change.

The trade hypothetical was based on Richmond demanding 6,9 and 10.

I have no inside knowledge, but I guy I know very well has been saying Switta and Sturt have been on the way out for about three months now. He has had some good inside info in the past but also some garbage.

Whatever that’s worth.

Call me crazy, but with Bolton wanting to come back to specifically play for Freo, why are we contemplating loading up a swag of our first rounders? Yes, he’s a very good player and in a position we desperately need, but I look at the Cerra trade where he selected Carltank, was a high performing very early draft pick and we gave him away for a single first rounder and chips. Why is Bolton worth so much more than that?

Call me crazy, but with Bolton wanting to come back to specifically play for Freo, why are we contemplating loading up a swag of our first rounders? Yes, he’s a very good player and in a position we desperately need, but I look at the Cerra trade where he selected Carltank, was a high performing very early draft pick and we gave him away for a single first rounder and chips. Why is Bolton worth so much more than that?
Out of contract compared to contracted for multiple years.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back