Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What I will say is if Pickett goes to Port surely that Richards deal if off the table and perhaps we’re a chance there.
Sad trombone noises

Can we trade next years first? I thought the rule was you need to use one first in 4 years so we couldn't trade next years 1st.
I think those rules are pretty loose and you can basically promise to find a 1st next year to satisfy the rule. Having Whan and Hart means we probably take a first round pick next year without trying anyway

Can we trade next years first? I thought the rule was you need to use one first in 4 years so we couldn't trade next years 1st.

Yes, we can trade it. The rule is 2 firsts in 4 previous years. For the 2024 trade period, the relevant drafts are 2020-2021-2022-2023. Then cycle that one year for the 2025 trade period. We drafted Chapman in 2020 and Amiss/Erasmus in 2021, so we satisfy the rule for the 2024 and 2025 trade periods.

If they bring in the new trading for 2 years in advance for 2025 trade period, we could in theory trade our 2026 and 2027 firsts for the Chad.

Yes, we can trade it. The rule is 2 firsts in 4 previous years. For the 2024 trade period, the relevant drafts are 2020-2021-2022-2023. Then cycle that one year for the 2025 trade period. We drafted Chapman in 2020 and Amiss/Erasmus in 2021, so we satisfy the rule for the 2024 and 2025 trade periods.

If they bring in the new trading for 2 years in advance for 2025 trade period, we could in theory trade our 2026 and 2027 firsts for the Chad.

Would also do that. We’d actually not NEED any first round picks if those three are here. We can fill up using our academy picks.

We are not getting Chad if we get Bolton and Pickett unless someone very very good (Brayshaw) leaves.
If I'm pushing blokes, I'm pushing Cox or Darcy (unless he gets proper fit) WAY before I let Andy go.

Draper will do a much better Cox impression (especially after 2 more preseasons and 20 more games) than any of our mids will do an Andy one.

And I figure you're due so Knobel is a locked and loaded 5 x AA so he can cover Sean from 2026.

Well.. I last checked this tread at 4pm today and I now come back to this news...

Like others have said, if Pickett wanted to come to us and Melbourne were prepared to release him, we just need to make it happen.

Landing both Bolton and Pickett would be a dream and would round off our list beautifully. The other thing we should remember about 'The Chad' is that he'll be OOC next year, so if he did want a trade to us then Sydney would need to come to the party somewhat.

Sounds like Baker ideally wants WC but both WC and Baker are waiting on the new coach. If it was me and I was taking that job, I'd be telling the list team they can trade for Baker over my dead body. Absolutely insane for a rebuilding team to spend a top 20 (even top 30) on a 26 year old role player.

Freo seem keen though

Call me biased but he's a seriously good leader and one of the two players (other being D Rioli) I am actually upset about losing for our own rebuild. I wanted either or both of them to be captain in 2025.

Bolton clearly the best player but not a leader.

I think Baker is a good get for WCE. He's looking at a top finish in our B&F for about the 5-6th year in a row or whatever. But they don't have a great draft hand yet. Rumour is they'll get 12 for Barrass and send that to RFC for Baker which for us is a good return given Baker's origins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've got another year to assess Draper, Davies, Reidy, Knobel. Maybe Cox and/or Darcy become homesick? Long contracts don't seem to matter anymore.

Yeah, If Warner hasn’t explicitly said he’s coming THIS year, I’m throwing EVERYTHING at these two.
Warner will sort himself out, and he’d be looking at that team drooling

If I'm pushing blokes, I'm pushing Cox or Darcy (unless he gets proper fit) WAY before I let Andy go.

Draper will do a much better Cox impression (especially after 2 more preseasons and 20 more games) than any of our mids will do an Andy one.

And I figure you're due so Knobel is a locked and loaded 5 x AA so he can cover Sean from 2026.
Darcy is still too hard to replace but Cox is the perfect trade bait in this scenario.

Now I understand, go_the_dockers leaked the Kozzie news.
You only know half of the plan.

Walls think Pickett is available, he then passes on Bolton

Bolton goes to WC for future first.
Baker comes here for pick 25 as WC, don't want to trade away too many picks.
Pickett goes to port, letting us get Richards.
Winder comes because he is a star.
Warner comes in next year.

It is happening.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I would let Ryan go.

Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 11.59.21.png

Leonardo Dicaprio Look GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back