Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine Garlick and the management group meeting On Monday. They would have been worried how the club will deal with bitterly disappointed supporters. Wednesday he calls a meeting on how the club will keep a lid on the uber excited , orgasmic supporters . 😂

If we could get the AFL to sign off on it I’d be more than happy to part with 4 firsts and bring in Bolton and Pickett, however it works out
For what its worth I thought the same but aparenvly we don;t even need to do that as we can trade our 2025 1st and not be in breach of the afl rules.

It's 2 in a 4 year period though isn't it? Not 2 in 5. So Amiss and Erasmus cover us this year but not 2025 because we won't have taken a 1R pick in 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025.

It's 2 in the 4 years prior to trade period. For the 2025 trade period, the relevant draft years are 2021-22-23-24. Here is an article from 2018 discussing how Essendon satisfy the rule for the 2019 trade period based on 2015 intake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking Knobel could be involved tbh. Melbourne would be quite keen to get a replacement for Max Gawn. They'd need to draft said replacement soon or they're relying on trading. Getting a guy with two years development would just be a bonus.

Isn't ideal for us but Reidy can remain as our depth ruck and we draft someone to develop with whatever scraps we have left. You do that if it helps Pickett come through the door.

Can we add Brodie as well.

Would Fyfe and Walters retire if we got both?

If I were either of them, I wouldn't. You could play four games in 2025 and one might be the grand final and suddenly you've got a medal.

Thinking Knobel could be involved tbh. Melbourne would be quite keen to get a replacement for Max Gawn. They'd need to draft said replacement soon or they're relying on trading. Getting a guy with two years development would just be a bonus.

Isn't ideal for us but Reidy can remain as our depth ruck and we draft someone to develop with whatever scraps we have left.
I hate it, but I'd accept it.

We seem to be able to identify and develop rucks pretty well, so no doubt we'd find a replacement.

Odin Jones could probably cover, and Kuek has done stints anyway

One flaw with this is we must use one of our firsts this year.

For Bolton and Kozzie, id trade 9,10, & 26 and a future 2nd.

We will need to use 17.
Getting these two will make getting Warner in 2025 hard.
But right now Warner is a what if. No guarantee. If Kossie and Shai 100% want to come you just have to do it and worry about Warner next year if it happens at all.

F**k me. 70 pages since Sunday's game. Read a fair chunk — lots of bemoaning our list, debate over whether Winder would be a better option than Bolton, and worrying that Baker might choose WC over us. Was chewing up too much work time, so had to stop around 4 yesterday afternoon and just skip straight to the end this morning.

What have I missed?

I just dont see any world where you get all 3 over 2 years. Warner is staying or going to WC if we get these two but you have to be comfortable with that.
I'm good with it. If Warner was 100% happening you'd have to think about it but it's very likely he just stays in Sydney. No brainer for me. Get these 2 now.

F**k me. 70 pages since Sunday's game. Read a fair chunk — lots of bemoaning our list, debate over whether Winder would be a better option than Bolton, and worrying that Baker might choose WC over us. Was chewing up too much work time, so had to stop around 4 yesterday afternoon and just skip straight to the end this morning.

What have I missed?
We have locked in Pickett, Bolton, Warner and Sam Taylor for Switta, Murphy and Winder

I just dont see any world where you get all 3 over 2 years. Warner is staying or going to WC if we get these two but you have to be comfortable with that.

We can do it.
Next year, Warner out of contract. Salary might be tight but I’d be looking at chopping the Banfield, etc anyone on short contracts above minimum wage

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back