• Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfe I can understand.

Walters not so much given these two blokes will make it really hard for him to get a game.

Yeah, agree it is unlikely but it would be hard for him to say no to his chance of a flag, even if it was only a 5% chance he was in the best 23.

A lot of fringe players will be working extra hard over the preseason to lock in their spot.

I am getting ahead of myself (as we all are), but Duffield mentioned rotating/resting players through the year.

Assuming we get Pickett and Bolton, I like the idea of rotating the squad with 26 or so players, and having players like Voss, Erasmus, Fyfe, Draper, Davies, Worner, Wagner, Simpson, Reidy, Banfield rotating through the squad to ensure all the players are fresh.

At the start of the year, you may say Darcy will play 16 to 20 games, and Reidy will definitely play 3.
Pearce will only play 15 games max, and Draper and Davies play the rest of games. We need him for finals, so I would be tempted to say he only plays 10 games during the season.
Fyfe will play a max of 10 games, and Erasmus plays the rest.
Voss plays 10+ games, and Jackson, Amiss and Treacy plan to miss 3 or so game each.

If any players gets an injury or is a bit sore, they will be rested for 2 weeks to help them recover.

Man the first thing WC need to trade/ draft in is some decent defenders .
With Barras gone and McGovern nearly done they will be leaking like an Irish Submarine with the windows open .

Pickett would be standing up the other end of the ground amongst the tumbleweeds wondering what the bell he got himself into
That might be more like an Aukus sub...dont worry theyll be here in 2075?

FREO KOZZY’S ‘PREFERENCE’

Fremantle is seen as the frontrunner to land Melbourne livewire Kysaiah Pickett should a move come to fruition.

It emerged this week that Pickett was the latest Demon to be weighing up his future after indicating a level of homesickness in his exit meeting.

And according to reports from Channel 7 Melbourne’s Theo Doropoulos and Channel 7 Perth’s Ryan Daniels, the Dockers are the 23-year old’s preferred landing spot.

Complicating matters, however, is Fremantle’s bid for Tigers gun Shai Bolton, who Daniels labelled the “priority” this trade period.

The Dockers hold three first round picks — their own (No. 9), Collingwood’s (No. 10) and Port Adelaide’s (No. 17).

It’s understood should a deal with Fremantle fall through, the Eagles remain an option. Picket has links to West Coast through cousin Liam Ryan.

Don’t see how eagles get him without wrecking their draft hand.

It won’t be easy getting Pickett. Dees are under siege and may just hold onto everyone still under contract just to save some face. In saying that, once these rumblings come out they often eventuate, I hope they do in our favour. Kozzie has been on the top of my wish list for a while, I would consider him the highest priority. If he ends up at WC I think I would cry.

No one's denying they're elite. I'm denying that we have put the planning in or will want to spend the capital required to prise him out of Melbourne who will fight hard to keep him (and that's even if he genuinely does want out, it seems he floats that nigh on every off season and still stays).
Bolton is totally different, Richmond will be realistic to deal with and we've been doing the groundwork for months. I'll definitely be shocked if he isn't with us next year
Do you know that Freo were unaware of Pickett's intentions until now? Or the degree of seriousness Pickett has about being closer to family? Or are you just guessing?

10, F1 and 27 is not crazy for Pickett. If that's what it takes, I'm signing off on that. We gave up the same sort of deal for an uncontracted Jackson. I thought it was too much, but we have history in giving the receiving club a bounty.

Really hope Port choke. Giving up 9 + 14 will be a lot more attractive for the Tigers than 9+17. If Richmond want steak knives like a promising young player (e.g. Murphy, Simpson), then I'd still do it.

I'm not so attached to our draft picks and young players with years to go to make an AFL impact. This is Bolton and Pickett. Get it done.

Maybe the main stumbling block could be if we have been in preliminary talks with Richmond over 9+10, but with Pickett on the scene one of those would have to go to Melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way if I am Fyfe or Walters, would I be looking to retire early. Especially Fyfe, who has a decent chance of being best 22 for 10 or so games next year.

They both would love a flag to finish their career.
Would love for them to win a flag but if they play on and the coaches and MC are serious and show some integrity with selections they may well not go out on their own terms and finish out their careers at Peel. Father time doesn't lose.

Would love for them to win a flag but if they play on and the coaches and MC are serious and show some integrity with selections they may well not go out on their own terms and finish out their careers at Peel. Father time doesn't lose.
I think that will be the go. Having them as backup will still be handy as I’d rather have Walters come in for a final than Emmett or Delean. They just have to accept that they will need to earn & maintain their spot. Peel games will happen and you might miss out if we are flying.

I recon Fyfe could be a great permanent sub though.

I think that will be the go. Having them as backup will still be handy as I’d rather have Walters come in for a final than Emmett or Delean. They just have to accept that they will need to earn & maintain their spot. Peel games will happen and you might miss out if we are flying.

I recon Fyfe could be a great permanent sub though.
I'm fine with them playing on but if we continue to play them if they are no longer B22 just because of who they are that would be terrible.

I'm fine with them playing on but if we continue to play them if they are no longer B22 just because of who they are that would be terrible.
I agree, I think we saw a very late shift in some of the selections in 2024. Too little too late but hopefully it changed the mindset and they carry it into 2025.

Nothing wrong with going back to Peel if you are down on form and coming back in good Nick when someone else drops off. Noddy was great, Emmett had an impact on return, Wags the same.

I agree, I think we saw a very late shift in some of the selections in 2024. Too little too late but hopefully it changed the mindset and they carry it into 2025.

Nothing wrong with going back to Peel if you are down on form and coming back in good Nick when someone else drops off. Noddy was great, Emmett had an impact on return, Wags the same.

In fairness, there was really no one banging down the door.

Once NOD found form, he was pretty quick to come into the side.

Fyfe is cooked. Awesome player, at his best was the best in the comp.
But his kicking?? And he just doesn't have the leap. He's depth.
Sonny is just too slow, as is Fyfe.
It's sad
He is cooked but none of these are the reason. He was never a good kick and his leap is still pretty good. He's cooked because his back is. Can't turn around, move sideways or run out more than 70% of a game.

It amazing how different Richmond supporters are to Melbourne supporters.

Melbourne supporters are so reasonable, and then there are Richmond supporters.
No, it's just there are 2 or 3 times as many Richmond supporters as Melbourne so there are proportionly more Dansters. Also like us the Dees have a prominent non bigfooty board further reducing their total representation on here.

No, it's just there are 2 or 3 times as many Richmond supporters as Melbourne so there are proportionly more Dansters. Also like us the Dees have a prominent non bigfooty board further reducing their total representation on here.
Is reddit our prominent other board? Dockerland isn't really a thing anymore is it?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back